Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
bruneian said:
Hi everyone... while i was re-reading my GCMS notes that I'd received march 26.. I just want to share with july and onward applicants awaiting for AIP...

CPC V initiated paper file transfer on Jan 14.
Paperfile transferred on Jan 23. (location: in transit)
Paperfile on Feb 12 it reached the registry of CPC-M

So that means our files has been sitting in the registry of CPC-M since feb 12. (note that requested date on GCMS note is feb 27). I dont know if there are any new updates right now, and I just ordered another set of GCMS note that I will receive in a month.
OMG :eek:
Thanks for that info. Appreciate you sharing. That is crazy! Maybe thats why they were moving so fast, was just clearing everything up. But what has prevented them from processing?? I mean I know it takes awhile probably to get into a file...but wow.....

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
GCMS and CAPIS....what is the difference?

Why do I see all these websites about ordering them that are not the Canadian gov't directly?

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
ACS I always order them from the canadian govt website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp as it is completely free under the privacy act. Other CAIPS note website cost so much!!

From a quick google search:
What is CAIPS/GCMS/FOSS?

CIC uses 3 computer systems for processing immigration / visa applications. Historically, they used the CAIPS computer system in CIC offices outside of Canada, and the FOSS system for applications being dealt with in Canada. CIC has rolled out a new computer system called GCMS (Global Case Management System) for use in both Canadian and international offices - new applications are processed within the GCMS system but older applications usually still remain within the CAIPS system at this time. To ensure that we obtain your file, we routinely ask CIC to search both CAIPS/GCMS or FOSS/GCMS records as appropriate.

CAIPS FileCheck can help you get a printout of your CAIPS/FOSS/GCMS file from the CIC computer systems. Your file should have valuable information on the current status and future processing of your application for a Canadian Permanent Residents Visa. Immigration files are also available for student, work permit and other visa applications.
And as for my own GCMS notes i think very plausible that there are no new updates since feb 26 because i havent heard anything from them yet. Hopefully we will hear something today!!

seangis

Mar 13, 2013
Here is a bit of an update for me
I had the decision made about 6 weeks ago along with the open work permit...my app was filed april 2013
The file was moved to halifax where I hit a small hitch.
My driving history shows an accident where fatalities were involved over 20 years ago
I never went to jail but they wanted proof that I had not been to jail so I got a copy of court records saying this.
The officer was very good about it all but never gave me any clue as to where it would go.
Today I received a registered letter requesting I present myself in person at the office on Thursay the 10th .
I called and rsvped and I also tried to get a clue to the outcome of the driving stuff...the officer said he had it all and that it would be discussed on Thursday...I asked if it was favorable and he gave me the same answer with no clue to outcome.
So the next 72 hours I will worry.
Is this request to present myself to the office a usual request?

SIde note....my wife and three kids are all Canadian citizens and I am Australian

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
seangis said:
Here is a bit of an update for me
I had the decision made about 6 weeks ago along with the open work permit...my app was filed april 2013
The file was moved to halifax where I hit a small hitch.
My driving history shows an accident where fatalities were involved over 20 years ago
I never went to jail but they wanted proof that I had ;)not been to jail so I got a copy of court records saying this.
The officer was very good about it all but never gave me any clue as to where it would go.
Today I received a registered letter requesting I present myself in person at the office on Thursay the 10th .
I called and rsvped and I also tried to get a clue to the outcome of the driving stuff...the officer said he had it all and that it would be discussed on Thursday...I asked if it was favorable and he gave me the same answer with no clue to outcome.
So the next 72 hours I will worry.
Is this request to present myself to the office a usual request?

SIde note....my wife and three kids are all Canadian citizens and I am Australian
It might be a landing interview. Bring all your immigration documents and proof of the same address (for you and your wife)

Goodluck and hope for the best

kaira1

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 17, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP Feb 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 9, 2014
LANDED..........
May 23, 2014
OWP comes in snail mail or email? I called CIC today they said they sent OWP on april 4, 2014 ;D ;D and when we asked abt status on application.. they said medical is good and they are working on background check... gosh know how long it gonna take,,, ??? ???

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
kaira1 said:
OWP comes in snail mail or email? I called CIC today they said they sent OWP on april 4, 2014 ;D ;D and when we asked abt status on application.. they said medical is good and they are working on background check... gosh know how long it gonna take,,, ??? ???
OWP comes in snail mail. Goodluck!

kaira1

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 17, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP Feb 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 9, 2014
LANDED..........
May 23, 2014
Carlaganda23 said:
OWP comes in snail mail. Goodluck!
means it will take another a week or 2 :-[ :-[

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Ngawang said:
Hi Everyone
I went to Service Ontario to apply for my wife's OHIP and like i guessed, they didnt give it to her. We recieved the AIP on feb 6th. We are waiting for DM. Here is what happened to us, I showed them my AIP letter and they said it is not enough. I heard that some of the people here got their OHIP coverage showing their AIP. They asked me to show them another letter intended for my wife saying her application for permanent residence is in process. This is really frustating as my wife is four months pregnant. CIC never sent her an AIP email for applicant. I hate the fact that CIC and OHIP procedure is really contradicting. CIC said we can show the AIP letter at Service Ontario and Service Ontario says that it is not sufficent. Anyone with same exepriece here? please shed some light here. I need some advice. Even the staff working at Service Ontario did not have good knowledge on this process. Any suggestions or advices would be greatly appreciated
We were able to apply for OHIP coverage following AIP. Wife presented printout of AIP to Service Ontario about 1 month after receiving AIP. Service Ontario accepted the letter. Please note that coverage does not take affect until 3 months following AIP (although she applied 1 month after AIP, 3 month waiting period begins from date of AIP, not date applied for OHIP).

I suggest you return to Service Ontario with the AIP letter. Although the AIP letter doesn't explicitly say that your application is "in process" it is inferred given that it has been determined that applicant meets requirements and is eligible to apply for PR and that other checks (medical, security, etc.) are now required. If Service Ontario still refuses to accept, you may wish to try another office, if available.

seangis

Mar 13, 2013
Carlaganda23 said:
It might be a landing interview. Bring all your immigration documents and proof of the same address (for you and your wife)

Goodluck and hope for the best
I was thinking that but the letter would state that wouldnt it?
It just says to bring passport and one other form of photo ID

Ngawang

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
etobicoke
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
09-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
Migrain said:
We were able to apply for OHIP coverage following AIP. Wife presented printout of AIP to Service Ontario about 1 month after receiving AIP. Service Ontario accepted the letter. Please note that coverage does not take affect until 3 months following AIP (although she applied 1 month after AIP, 3 month waiting period begins from date of AIP, not date applied for OHIP).

I suggest you return to Service Ontario with the AIP letter. Although the AIP letter doesn't explicitly say that your application is "in process" it is inferred given that it has been determined that applicant meets requirements and is eligible to apply for PR and that other checks (medical, security, etc.) are now required. If Service Ontario still refuses to accept, you may wish to try another office, if available.
Thank you for your input Migrain. I really appreciate that. I asked CIC to send my wife the confirmation letter again for which they told me to wait. SIghhhhh She is pregnant and they tell us to wait. Considering 3 month waiting period, she should get her ohip converage from May 3rd, which is approaching soon. I will try going to another center or I am thinking of going to the headoffice. fingers crossed. Thanks again

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
greg10 said:
Hi everyone, hope you can help me with this guys, i'm just wondering if I can send additional evidences that our marriage is genuine, we filed our sponsorship last september 2013, and we are thinking to submit another evidences in CPC mississauga, do you think guys this is possible? Will they still accept this? I am still waiting for my AIP

Thanks everyone

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
seangis said:
I'm not sure, I never had a landing interview yet. I just applied last February, as long as you don't have issue with your application and the accident that happened 20 yrs ago was just for clarification in the CIC Halifax.
I live in Halifax too and I guess they're a lot quicker compare to the other offices in Canada.

Did you mention that in your application?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
seangis said:
I doubt this is a landing interview. It seems that the officer wants to discuss the accident since there was a fatality. Just be truthful when you meet the officer and I'm sure everything will be fine.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
seangis said:
Well, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
I agree with @Linden, they probably wanna discuss about the accident and go through the proofs with you. So just be honest!
Maybe after clearing that up, they will make you land if the outcome is positive.
You said you already receive DM? then maybe they will do both the same time.

For landing, you are require to bring your passport, two photos PR size (not same size as passport), all letters and documents that you received from cic (aip letter, dm letter, old work permit, etc etc)

did you already pay the 490$? otherwise, have them in hand to pay there.

Its impossible to know what agents want when they require us like this and when our cases are out of rutinary.
Did you wrote about the accident in your original application?

Good luck, God bless!