Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
5hr3wd said:
No AIPs today? :(
Long weekend Guys ..Wait for tomorrow morning :) :) :)good luck and god bless all of us

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
HARMIN said:
Long weekend Guys ..Wait for tomorrow morning :) :) :)good luck and god bless all of us
But it's only long weekend for BC, not Alberta. Vegreville should be moving full steam ahead!

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
AckTivity said:
But it's only long weekend for BC, not Alberta. Vegreville should be moving full steam ahead!
Full Steam ....I am hoping so guys ..god bless all of us guys :) :) :) :)

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
JLynn1987 said:
I didn't hear anything today...again the dreaded 'weekend wait'. Tomorrow my partner and I are going for a hike with our dogs at a nearby provincial park. It's actually called Birds Hill! I will bring some bread or seed to feed the birds. I have never heard of this bringing good luck, but I love animals and nature, and I am going to give it a try. Thank you for sharing!
Hi JLynn...did u heard any thing today ??I am hoping this week gonna be urs week ??good luck and god bless all of us :) :) :)

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
HARMIN said:
Hi JLynn...did u heard any thing today ??I am hoping this week gonna be urs week ??good luck and god bless all of us :) :) :)
Still waiting! I hope tomorrow brings lots of progress!

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
Hi everyone!i have so many questions in mind i hope someone could answer.
First, i'm on a work permit under a live in caregiver program. I'm on my 8months to my current employer. My fiance and I are getting married on May and he wants to sponsor me so that i can live with him and for me ti become permanent resident. Can anyone help me out what is the steps and also what is the requirement and how long does it takes. Secondly, can i leave my current employer while on process for my permanent residency status?what will happen to my work permit. And can i able to look for another job closer to his place or do i need to apply for an open work permit first. Hope anyone can help me. Thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
linxord said:
Thank you computergeek, yes you told me that it was possible to land on an expired passport.

I have to call CIC any way today. Have to update some information for the sponsor. And they requested a police certificate which in my case would not be required. Would it be negative to talk to CIC on the phone and then send them the documents (the case in writing?) I just want them to put a note on my file for the officer so they know we are acting and not ignorant about what was requested.

and by sending them everything in writing, you mean snail mail them the whole argument with some proof that we've attempted to get the passport renewed?
Calling and following up in writing is perfectly reasonable. Just don't expect a call to be enough. In your situation, I'd explain the situation and ask the officer how she/he wants you to proceed. Put it in their lap - they have your passport.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
JHWife2011 said:
Thank you. CBSA did take my husband's passport in October after they held him on a warrant due to his expired status, they released him with the condition that he check in at the CBSA bond centre in Mississauga monthly. We've complied and done just that every single month, no issue. We only had AOR when they held in October, AIP came through November. Still waiting on DM (meds sent Jan 23/14) and still waiting on OWP which I hope comes through soon!

Thank you for your encouraging words, they mean more than you know!
You are worried too much! in this case it is better to search for a lawyer. with your finical situation , you can seek free consultation. There are plenty of NGOs that provide services with no cost or with low cost.
it depends on where you live , just google free immigration consultation or something like that. Just be less stress , enjoy your life with your hubby till everything done.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
josephinecudisal said:
First, i'm on a work permit under a live in caregiver program. I'm on my 8months to my current employer. My fiance and I are getting married on May and he wants to sponsor me so that i can live with him and for me ti become permanent resident. Can anyone help me out what is the steps and also what is the requirement and how long does it takes. Secondly, can i leave my current employer while on process for my permanent residency status?what will happen to my work permit. And can i able to look for another job closer to his place or do i need to apply for an open work permit first. Hope anyone can help me. Thanks!
Hi there josephinecudisal,

Before i got married to wife, she's also holding a work permit under the live in caregiver program. She worked with her employer for 8 months only because they don't need a nanny anymore. We got married last August 2013. She moved in with me after the wedding. Before she left her employer she was then 4 months pregnant (this was not the reason why she ended her contract so early). Since she lost her job, she filed Employment Insurance while looking for another work as nanny under LCP, but coudn't find one.

Its really up to you if you want to leave your current job, but you can't apply for other job unless you have your open work permit.

I sponsored my wife through family class. We submitted our spousal application plus her OWP application last December 31, 2013 at CPC-V. The current processing time for INLAND APPLICATION is 8-9 months if I'm not mistaken.

I hope this will help a bit. :)

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
josephinecudisal said:
Btw here's the STEPS and REQUIREMENTS if your husband will sponsor you and you will submit your application INLAND

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Good morning, all!

Hopefully we'll all get a little bit of good news today! CIC seemed to be taking the Monday pretty slow, so here's to hoping that they work twice as hard to catch up today! :)

nismopinoy said:
I sponsored my wife through family class. We submitted our spousal application plus her OWP application last December 31, 2013 at CPC-V. The current processing time for INLAND APPLICATION is 8-9 months if I'm not mistaken.
The 8-9 months is for first stage only. If you do not receive DM at the same time as AIP you may be waiting up to 8 months for DM. Does anyone know if Allydx and Danib are still waiting for DM? I could have sworn I read something about one of them either getting DM or landing already...

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
nismopinoy said:
Hi there josephinecudisal,

Before i got married to wife, she's also holding a work permit under the live in caregiver program. She worked with her employer for 8 months only because they don't need a nanny anymore. We got married last August 2013. She moved in with me after the wedding. Before she left her employer she was then 4 months pregnant (this was not the reason why she ended her contract so early). Since she lost her job, she filed Employment Insurance while looking for another work as nanny under LCP, but coudn't find one.

Its really up to you if you want to leave your current job, but you can't apply for other job unless you have your open work permit.

I hope this will help a bit. :)

Thank you for your response. Is the visa office already send your wife OWP or got approve?or uf i leave my current employer i just need to apply for open work permit for me to work? Together with the spousal sponsorhip? I that what i need to do?im so confused. And do i need also to undergo medical if my husband sponsor me?

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
Mrs_Canuck said:
Good morning, all!

Hopefully we'll all get a little bit of good news today! CIC seemed to be taking the Monday pretty slow, so here's to hoping that they work twice as hard to catch up today! :)

The 8-9 months is for first stage only. If you do not receive DM at the same time as AIP you may be waiting up to 8 months for DM. Does anyone know if Allydx and Danib are still waiting for DM? I could have sworn I read something about one of them either getting DM or landing already...
What is AIP and DM?just curious.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
josephinecudisal said:
What is AIP and DM?just curious.
AIP is Approved In Principle, which is the first stage. DM is Decision Made which is the second stage.

:)