+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi All,
Those applicants who had their landing interview recently, can you please share your landing experience? questions you were asked...etc
Much Appreciated!!!

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
bruneian said:
Thank you Harmin you are very sweet! I've been to a few already as we bruneians love going to singapore once in a while!. I havent been back since they built marina bay sands, wow that building is incredible!! I cant wait to see that structure myself!! First thing we are going to do is eat a big plate of singaporean (hainan?) chicken rice! YUMMM
Urs Welcome ..about MBS ..I can't describe through my words ..its totally amazing place to visit and Try to go West coast hawker center and ask for baccha chicken rice shop ..in that hawker center got 100 over food shops....u know singaporean love food and u can get all kind of food in normal hawker centers .....food in singapore very cheap i think u also know that..a plate of special chicken rice with soup and vege and boil chicken heart not more than 6 dollars ... :) :) :) :) enjoy guys

Yslandgurl

Jan 21, 2013
Cirene said:
Congrats :D

When did you apply ?
Hi Cirene,

I am from the February 2013 batch (AOR was Feb. 7, 2013). From what I read here, they are now working on the June 2013 batch correct me if I misread. So for those who are on different levels of waiting, hang in there! your time will come very soon. :) :)

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Yslandgurl said:
Hi Cirene,

I am from the February 2013 batch (AOR was Feb. 7, 2013). From what I read here, they are now working on the June 2013 batch correct me if I misread. So for those who are on different levels of waiting, hang in there! your time will come very soon. :) :)
you r right .....some june applicant already got their AIP ....CIC update toady morning ,may28 application under process ..

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Yslandgurl said:
Hi Cirene,

Thank you :) Yeah CIC is working on June Applicants which is nice :)

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
Happywife08 said:
Exactly..!!!
My mommy OMG I do miss her and grandma and well everyone in my family..!!!

Have to make our way to Brazil one day it looks beautiful, should learn Portuguese before..!!! Maybe won't be so hard knowing Spanish
Definitely it is not hard to learn Portuguese when you are a Spanish speaker, they are very close languages. And yes Happywife, I know I am suspect to say that but Brazil is very very nice as your beautiful Costa Rica that I think is an amazing country too.

Buena suerte para nosotros or if you want to practise a bit of portuguese... Boa sorte :)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
wsm_al said:
Hi All,
Those applicants who had their landing interview recently, can you please share your landing experience? questions you were asked...etc
Much Appreciated!!!
Hi there, I haven't landed yet but I've seen many people posting what they ask in a landing interview.

1. Have you committed any crime in Canada?
2. Do you have any dependants ?
3. Who is your sponsor or Are you still married to your sponsor?

and in some cases they ask "What would you do if we refuse your application"...

People say it takes around 15 mins and that's it.. Good luck :)

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cirene said:
Hi there, I haven't landed yet but I've seen many people posting what they ask in a landing interview.

I was wondering...if they ask me "What would you do if we refuse your application" what could I answer? The only thing that I could say is: I would cry sir/madame, cry a lot, cry forever...and come back to my country, crying of course :p

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cirene said:

Ehem...You for got the "Do you believe in unicorns?" question...that's probably some sort of internal CIC `code' for something else. ;D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danib said:
I was wondering...if they ask me "What would you do if we refuse your application" what could I answer? The only thing that I could say is: I would cry sir/madame, cry a lot, cry forever...and come back to my country, crying of course :p
Yeah, that's a tough one to even consider. What would be an appropriate answer, besides the obvious one that you've already mentioned?!?!

Sadly, I don't suspect that us crying would even be a factor, but if they want an honest answer...who knows!

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
Ponga said:
Yeah, that's a tough one to even consider. What would be an appropriate answer, besides the obvious one that you've already mentioned?!?!

Sadly, I don't suspect that us crying would even be a factor, but if they want an honest answer...who knows!
Perhaps that you'll try again or seek PR through Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
danib said:
I know.. I would say the same thing, also that I'll not give up but I think is more like to put pressure on you and see your reaction, anyhow, I'll cry too hehe.

Ponga said:
Ehem...You for got the "Do you believe in unicorns?" question...that's probably some sort of internal CIC `code' for something else. ;D
Haha I would say "No I don't but I do believe in mermaids" :D

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ponga said:

lol but serious..what kind of question is that? What they expect to listen to from us? "Well sir/madame, if my application were refused I wouldn't care you know? I am here in Canada for xxx months, waiting for you to decide about my life, spending my money in fees, translations, private health insurance... just for fun..."

Wierd CIC, so wierd....

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guarona said:
Perhaps that you'll try again or seek PR through Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds?
Or...you could say..."Ok, you got me....I never wanted to be in your stupid country anyway" *spit*...*slam the door*...and then laugh hysterically.

Or not. :eek:

Personally, I'd be stumped but I guess all you could do would be to dig down deep inside and remain calm and NOT say or do anything to make the situation worse.

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
I have been relatively calm until now, but today I am so anxious to hear something! Oh CIC...you sure do get the best of me!