+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

mloe

Jan 20, 2014
Hello!
I received my landing letter yesterday. I am landing in Ottawa on February 11th, so in 5 days!! I thought Ottawa office had a larger waiting period, but it seems like they proceeded very fast!
Also, for people who dealt with address change during the process, here is my experience: I moved and changed my address on ecas. When we got AIP and DM on the email, they were addressed to my old apartment! We phoned CIC and the agent checked my file and saw that the address was not properly changed. He modified it (but I was hesitant he did it...) however, yes! I got my landing letter to my new address.
I feel very lucky, and I feel bad for all of you who are dealing with so many problems and mistakes from CIC.
Good luck !
I will share my experience at the landing interview :)

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Question - I work full time but I just picked up a part time evening job which I started 2 days ago. I am sponsoring my husband, we've already received AIP but do I still need to report that I've got a second job now to CIC??

Ngawang

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
etobicoke
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
09-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
JHWife2011 said:
Question - I work full time but I just picked up a part time evening job which I started 2 days ago. I am sponsoring my husband, we've already received AIP but do I still need to report that I've got a second job now to CIC??
I do not think so as now they are going to screen your husbands PR application. You have already met the eligibility requirement. You were approved because your full time job was enough to meet the requirement. cheers

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Ngawang said:
I do not think so as now they are going to screen your husbands PR application. You have already met the eligibility requirement. You were approved because your full time job was enough to meet the requirement. cheers
Thank you! just wanted to double check!

Is is normal that we received AIP in November and still haven't heard ANYTHING from CIC?? Nothing at all!! No request to do his medicals....(which we did Jan23rd) not a word from them at all......makes me a little worried that they forgot about us or something.

Ngawang

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
etobicoke
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
09-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
JHWife2011 said:
Thank you! just wanted to double check!

Is is normal that we received AIP in November and still haven't heard ANYTHING from CIC?? Nothing at all!! No request to do his medicals....(which we did Jan23rd) not a word from them at all......makes me a little worried that they forgot about us or something.
I am in the same boat lol. Did you husband check his email? May be they had sent in any correspondence at his email. I am a sponsor and I received my AIP in my email but I just notified them to change my wife's email to mine so that they could re-send any correspondence they might have sent to my wifes email. In the AIP letter, it does say that office will contact us shortly but it has already been couple of months for you since the receipt of your AIP. Call them and make sure if they had emailed your husband too.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Ngawang said:
I am in the same boat lol. Did you husband check his email? May be they had sent in any correspondence at his email. I am a sponsor and I received my AIP in my email but I just notified them to change my wife's email to mine so that they could re-send any correspondence they might have sent to my wifes email. In the AIP letter, it does say that office will contact us shortly but it has already been couple of months for you since the receipt of your AIP. Call them and make sure if they had emailed your husband too.
My husband and I share an email address, and I haven't noticed a thing! Our letters say as well that he would be contact "shortly" but nothing! We sent in the OWP Dec 27th and meds done Jan 23rd. I called Monday (Feb 3rd) for an update....CIC agent "couldn't" see if they OWP was being processed yet and said I'd need to email the processing centre in a MONTH for an update :eek: I asked if she could see if the medical results have been received again she had no answer.

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
I'm sorry that this has been the path of your application. All you can do now is to prepare. A few topics are specific for questions that are asked in the interviews. If you are confident in the strength of your relationship (which you would have to be to go through immigration in the first place, IMO) then you will have no issues. Can you share with us some of the particulars of your story? Maybe we can give you a few pointers?

Don't worry about people who have negative things to say. They obviously have a problem with themselves if they feel the need to discourage and make insensitive comments. The rest of us are here for you - please keep us updated!
So we called CIC again this morning to speak with a different agent and get more information about our application (App. recvd. April 8, 2013; AOR April 17, 2013). The following is a summary of the information.
1. What is the status of our application? There are no updates online, and according to the processing times, we should have received an update already.
- CPC-V could not make a decision on the application and they forwarded it to CIC Edmonton.

2. Has the sponsor been approved?
- A decision could not be made by CPC-V

3. If the case has been transferred, when was it transferred and why didn’t we receive a letter/email notifying us so?
- The case was transferred in late January 2014. A letter may have been sent and may still be in transit to us.

4. How do we obtain the reasons of why the case was transferred and how do we obtain the notes already made on the case?
- CIC representative to email us with information about how to request this information (not yet received). We can fax CIC Edmonton to request an update on our case.

5. What is the estimated remaining processing time for our application?
- It's up to CIC Edmonton.

I guess for now we will wait for the letter about the transfer and the email with the steps to request notes on our case. We will probably also fax CIC Edmonton and maybe have the MP inquire on our case as well (depending on how much information we get from CIC directly).

Ngawang

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
etobicoke
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
09-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
JHWife2011 said:
My husband and I share an email address, and I haven't noticed a thing! Our letters say as well that he would be contact "shortly" but nothing! We sent in the OWP Dec 27th and meds done Jan 23rd. I called Monday (Feb 3rd) for an update....CIC agent "couldn't" see if they OWP was being processed yet and said I'd need to email the processing centre in a MONTH for an update :eek: I asked if she could see if the medical results have been received again she had no answer.
I hope you hear from them soon JH. Did your husband apply for health card yet? and how? As I have yet to apply for my wife.

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
mloe said:
Hello!
I received my landing letter yesterday. I am landing in Ottawa on February 11th, so in 5 days!! I thought Ottawa office had a larger waiting period, but it seems like they proceeded very fast!
Also, for people who dealt with address change during the process, here is my experience: I moved and changed my address on ecas. When we got AIP and DM on the email, they were addressed to my old apartment! We phoned CIC and the agent checked my file and saw that the address was not properly changed. He modified it (but I was hesitant he did it...) however, yes! I got my landing letter to my new address.
I feel very lucky, and I feel bad for all of you who are dealing with so many problems and mistakes from CIC.
Good luck !
I will share my experience at the landing interview :)
Congratulations! Your journey is almost over! Best of luck to you! :)

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Ngawang said:
I hope you hear from them soon JH. Did your husband apply for health card yet? and how? As I have yet to apply for my wife.
Thank you. My husband did apply for his health card, we are in Ontario. His coverage kicks in Feb 13th. We had to go to the Service Ontario head office in Peel, they asked to see 2 proofs of address, we showed our lease, and bank statements, we had to show the AIP letter, he had to show banking cards (credit card, debit card)....quite a bit of info but nonetheless application went through, that was back on Jan 23rd, still haven't seen the health card come through the mail yet though.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Guarona said:
So we called CIC again this morning to speak with a different agent and get more information about our application (App. recvd. April 8, 2013; AOR April 17, 2013). The following is a summary of the information.
1. What is the status of our application? There are no updates online, and according to the processing times, we should have received an update already.
- CPC-V could not make a decision on the application and they forwarded it to CIC Edmonton.

2. Has the sponsor been approved?
- A decision could not be made by CPC-V

3. If the case has been transferred, when was it transferred and why didn't we receive a letter/email notifying us so?
- The case was transferred in late January 2014. A letter may have been sent and may still be in transit to us.

4. How do we obtain the reasons of why the case was transferred and how do we obtain the notes already made on the case?
- CIC representative to email us with information about how to request this information (not yet received). We can fax CIC Edmonton to request an update on our case.

5. What is the estimated remaining processing time for our application?
- It's up to CIC Edmonton.

I guess for now we will wait for the letter about the transfer and the email with the steps to request notes on our case. We will probably also fax CIC Edmonton and maybe have the MP inquire on our case as well (depending on how much information we get from CIC directly).
i think you have order GCMS/ATIP notes to find out some more detail gonna take 30 day to arrive

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
JHWife2011 said:
Your meds weren't done that long ago so it probably isn't too much to worry about. Some people say CIC gets access to e-med in a week others a month. I did mine just before xmas and sent then to CIC. Got AIP 16th Jan but didn't get DM till this week.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
frenchwapiti said:
Harmin, are you serious? I am August 16 applicant, I get excited, but feel there are so many others before us to come?!
I mean being positive is not a bad thing, ehhh?
But before you and me, there will be Cirene, Line.a, guri.....and then hopefully us.
Anyhow, I like the idea...... dreams come true, right?
I am pretty sure we gonna heard by end of this month...because every week they processing through 1 month application ..they r doing this since jan first week ....Please check today update .....
CIC JUST UPDATE 8 MONTH FOR 1ST STAGE ..THEY R WORKING ON MAY28 APPLICATION ...THAT'S MEAN THEY ALREADY WORKING WITH JUNE APPLICATION ...ANOTHER 2 WEEKS THEY GONNA DONE WITH JULY AND LAST WEEK OF THE FEB OUR TURN GUYS ..I AM VERY POSITIVE WITH MY GUESS GUYS..

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Woohoo!!
Step 1 down to 8-9 months..working on May 28th applications!!

This is soooo exciting!!
Good luck everyone and all the June applicants!!