Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I don't even care anymore, might as well just get my medical done, so things can get moving. It's so silly, mentally prepared for everything. Not fair to say the least! But hey, got offered a free ticket back home, what do you think, is it too risky? I once had a warning coming into Canada before I obtained my IEC visa and applied for PR, so I'm a little afraid of going home. But I really want to.

Called CIC two weeks ago about the lost OWP and he said to wait until February 19th that's when they are able to resend a new one, but is that counting now since I called or?

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
mimssimo said:
I think the OWP is losed, if you find a job think you can start to work just with lettre from CIC like you OWP is approved i hope that
Yeah I doubt this very much.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Line.a said:
Still no OWP for me either..
They are not very good at resending docs/letters. Apparently they had sent me a DM confirmation email in early January that I never receved!.

After several requests they agreed to resend it and I am still waiting...............

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
Linden said:
Great! So the online OWP did work for you. Why do you say it's tricky?
Wasn't that bad for me, but i've been asked how did I answer the first questions to be determined 'elegible to apply', cause they weren't able.

I think it gets a little bit complicated cause it's not case-specific; work permits, extensions, study permits, for temporary residents, for refugees claimants, etc. You have to guess what is the less inaccurate answer of the available options at some point.

If anyone have any questions, feel free...

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Very happy for you all May applicants!!

Now let us (Misterbob too) June applications get some good news soon too please! :D

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Line.a said:
I don't even care anymore, might as well just get my medical done, so things can get moving. It's so silly, mentally prepared for everything. Not fair to say the least! But hey, got offered a free ticket back home, what do you think, is it too risky? I once had a warning coming into Canada before I obtained my IEC visa and applied for PR, so I'm a little afraid of going home. But I really want to.

Called CIC two weeks ago about the lost OWP and he said to wait until February 19th that's when they are able to resend a new one, but is that counting now since I called or?
It's all up in the air with CIC. I've been quick to learn that. Nothing is for sure. But I do know that all this waiting and frustration will be worth it in the end. :)

I would be careful. Would you be flying directly or would you have to go through the states? My husband never had issues with CBSA but when we went to Tampa through Toronto even when his work permit was still valid and his visa for the states did not expire for a few years, the Americans gave him a bit of a hassle and were hinging on whether or not to let him through. Though to be honest, that border agent was a bit of a d**k. So it really depends on who you get. Personally, I wouldn't risk it, but it's up to you. Bring all the evidence of a case in process with CIC and print of your AIP email if you decide to go.

:)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Maxician said:
Wasn't that bad for me, but i've been asked how did I answer the first questions to be determined 'elegible to apply', cause they weren't able.

I think it gets a little bit complicated cause it's not case-specific; work permits, extensions, study permits, for temporary residents, for refugees claimants, etc. You have to guess what is the less inaccurate answer of the available options at some point.

If anyone have any questions, feel free...
I agree that the application is way too generic. Covers way too many type of visas. They should release a new special OWP application that is only available to inland spousal sponsorship

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Mrs_Canuck said:
It's all up in the air with CIC. I've been quick to learn that. Nothing is for sure. But I do know that all this waiting and frustration will be worth it in the end. :)

I would be careful. Would you be flying directly or would you have to go through the states? My husband never had issues with CBSA but when we went to Tampa through Toronto even when his work permit was still valid and his visa for the states did not expire for a few years, the Americans gave him a bit of a hassle and were hinging on whether or not to let him through. Though to be honest, that border agent was a bit of a d**k. So it really depends on who you get. Personally, I wouldn't risk it, but it's up to you. Bring all the evidence of a case in process with CIC and print of your AIP email if you decide to go.

You are so right! It's a mess but at least getting AIP gave us some relief I guess! :)

I will be flying to England and connecting to Denmark that way is cheapest I think. But I was informed that the next time I get into Canada I'd get questioned so not having the pr card on hand makes me think twice! Usually I apply for an ESTA visa to go to USA so they know beforehand, but flying with Canadianaffair is super cheap! My dear mother is very impatient and offered to pay for my stay, the ticket and so on, so that's tempting, and she tried to convince me to book this morning, but she like the rest around us, doesn't get that it is a risk haha :) have you got AIP yet? So good to see them moving so fast! Just wish they could just send that OWP again instead of waiting even longer! :D

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Mrs_Canuck said:

When you landed back in Canada how was that? Did you go through the non-resident line with him at the airport in Toronto?

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
MisterBob said:
Very happy for you all May applicants!!

Now let us (Misterbob too) June applications get some good news soon too please! :D
Yes, please! MisterBob, you are right before me on the spreadsheet! Good luck to you!

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
I hear you, Line.a. We are a very unique group and it's difficult to explain to family/friends. I was lucky enough to get AIP January 23rd, well... I didn't get the email because they sent it to the wrong email address that I had corrected with them months before but we do have it. :) Just waiting for the resent AIP to come through snail mail. Hubby was also approved for OWP. :)

It is such an amazing opportunity for you to go see your family though! Would it just be you going, or would your other half be tagging along? If you want clarification, I think you might be able to contact CBSA here and ask: 1-800-461-9999. I would hate for you to miss out on your trip because you weren't sure or could get some assurance and less hassle if you were to bring a few documents. :)

Linden said:
When you landed back in Canada how was that? Did you go through the non-resident line with him at the airport in Toronto?
We did. The officer there was a lot nicer and didn't look twice at his work permit. We didn't have any trouble at all though his work permit was still valid for a few months, so I think that might have been why. But since his work permit expired (July 2013) we've been staying clear of the borders. We want the least amount of trouble as possible so we've been keeping our trips well within Canada. :)

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi everyone,
in what cases that both the AIP and DM will be done together in the same time? does that indicate something bad like a refusal or so??
I received a letter stating:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. the Canada Immigration centre in xxxxx will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

You application for a work permit has been approved "

My timelines are:
Application received: May 1, 2013
Medical/fees/ and all docs were sent with application.
Sponsorship eligibility, AIP, and DM: Jan 29, 2014. All together

thanks,

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
JLynn1987 said:
Yes, please! MisterBob, you are right before me on the spreadsheet! Good luck to you!
Thanks!! Actutally you are before me. Your received application was June 24th, mine was June 28th!

:D got fingers crossed for us both... are you from BC also?

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
wsm_al said:
Hi everyone,
in what cases that both the AIP and DM will be done together in the same time? does that indicate something bad like a refusal or so??
I received a letter stating:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. the Canada Immigration centre in xxxxx will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

Application received: May 1, 2013
Medical/fees/ and all docs were sent with application.
Sponsorship eligibility, AIP, and DM: Jan 29, 2014. All together

thanks,
Congrats if you have a problem you can get DM, just you wait tthe final appointment

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
mimssimo said:
Congrats if you have a problem you can get DM, just you wait tthe final appointment
so do you mean that if a DM was granted with AIP , then it means there is a problem? is it possible though to approve all together with no problem??
thanks,