23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Line.a said:
I hope so too, it's been taking a while :)
Hey Line.a I hope the new tenants have your mail with a letter from cic. I'm pretty sure you can't get cic letters forwarded I think on the envelope it says not to forward it. So hopefully they have it.
Does anyone else have any experience with this anyone who has received at letter from cic lately does it say on the envelope not to be forwarded ?

We are moving in June of this year hopefully we'll be done & dusted by then but you never know with cic processing times def going to have to make sure cic have our new address when we move

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
Just wondering does anyone know if I can apply for SIN or Alberta Health with my COPR anywhere in Calgary and has anyone done it before?. Thanks in advance

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
What would happen if the sponsor does not include the sponsored spouse in his tax filings, while their application is still under process Phase-I).

For inland applicants, the sponsor is responsible for providing everything to the sponsored spouse from the time the application is filed. So the spouse is dependent of him/her during phase-I.

Is this considered fraud? Are there any penalties attached to it? How does one find out about it?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
applied4PR said:
What would happen if the sponsor does not include the sponsored spouse in his tax filings, while their application is still under process Phase-I).

For inland applicants, the sponsor is responsible for providing everything to the sponsored spouse from the time the application is filed. So the spouse is dependent of him/her during phase-I.

Is this considered fraud? Are there any penalties attached to it? How does one find out about it?
This is considered fraud. You MUST file as married. If you were married before December 31st, 2013 you would have to file as married come tax time in April 2014. It is illegal to lie on your tax return and this can result in jail time. Even if your application is still in process this has nothing to do with whether you are married or not. Regardless of the status of your application, CRA still considers that you have a wife/husband. If your spouse is dependent on you during the process, you may even be eligible to claim a spouse credit on the tax return. For example, this is the first year that my husband and I will be eligible to apply as a married couple as we were married January 19th, 2013.

Here's some more info from the CRA website:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/prsnl-nf/mrtl-eng.html

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
This is considered fraud. You MUST file as married. If you were married before December 31st, 2013 you would have to file as married come tax time in April 2014. It is illegal to lie on your tax return and this can result in jail time. Even if your application is still in process this has nothing to do with whether you are married or not. Regardless of the status of your application, CRA still considers that you have a wife/husband. If your spouse is dependent on you during the process, you may even be eligible to claim a spouse credit on the tax return. For example, this is the first year that my husband and I will be eligible to apply as a married couple as we were married January 19th, 2013.

Here's some more info from the CRA website:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/prsnl-nf/mrtl-eng.html
Thanks Mrs. Canuck,

Since you were married on Jan. 19 2013, did your spouse file taxes as married person in April? showing you as dependent? as you did spend at least 3 months of the last tax years as a married couple and in sponsorship mode..................

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
No. We called CRA and explained the situation and the agent told us that we weren't obligated to file until this year. When you file taxes, you file for the year previous. As we had not been married at all in 2012 and had not been living together long enough to be considered common-law, we did not have to file that we were married in our tax return in April of 2013. This year, however, since we have been married for the year of 2013, we will file our taxes for 2013 in April of 2014.

We both have an income as my husband continues to work on implied status (and now will continue to work on a work permit) so we would not have been able to claim the spousal credit. However, if you are supporting your spouse as she is not able to work through the processing of the application, you would most likely receive a credit from CRA. I believe if you earn under $34,000 a year combined you are considered below the average household income and would be eligible for a credit anyway.

When were you married?

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Hi Mrs Canuck! As we are on this topic of tax filing, i have a question. We got married too last year in July, so there's no other form to be filled up when filing the income tax come this april when my hubby will have to add me? Just the tax form? We are on a single income as. I am not working yet.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
shyla36 said:
Hi Mrs Canuck! As we are on this topic of tax filing, i have a question. We got married too last year in July, so there's no other form to be filled up when filing the income tax come this april when my hubby will have to add me? Just the tax form? We are on a single income as. I am not working yet.
Have you guys notified CRA of your marital status change? If yes, then only the tax form needs to be filled.
P.S. if anyone is an international student here make sure to include your T2202 tuition credit form, will save you a lot of taxes in the future.

Daradiro

May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Maybe a stupid question, because it was discussed before. But I am still unsure....
Want to apply for OWP after we got AIP...... Do I have to fill only the form IMM5710 with my UCI number ? or anything else, because on the website they always talk about a whole package and passport copy etc.
Can I apply online ? I am so confused lately....
I need a candle in the dark..... please

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Daradiro said:
Maybe a stupid question, because it was discussed before. But I am still unsure....
Want to apply for OWP after we got AIP...... Do I have to fill only the form IMM5710 with my UCI number ? or anything else, because on the website they always talk about a whole package and passport copy etc.
Can I apply online ? I am so confused lately....
I need a candle in the dark..... please
Yes, you need to fill out IMM5710. You also need to upload everything that is being asked for. I recently filled mine for PGWP and I uploaded the following:
IMM 5710
Passport copy
School letter (AIP letter in your case)
E-medical (not sure if you will need this)

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
guri3577 said:
Have you guys notified CRA of your marital status change? If yes, then only the tax form needs to be filled.
P.S. if anyone is an international student here make sure to include your T2202 tuition credit form, will save you a lot of taxes in the future.
Thanks Guri. We havent notofied CRA. How do we do that? Is there a form that needs to be filled up? If so, can this be done together when we fill up the tax forms come this April?

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
shyla36 said:
Thanks Guri. We havent notofied CRA. How do we do that? Is there a form that needs to be filled up? If so, can this be done together when we fill up the tax forms come this April?
You can call them or do it online at CRA website( you need a code to make an account). We also had to send our marriage certificate as proof later on.

Here is info. directly from the website:

How do I advise the CRA of my marital status change?
If your marital status has changed, you must inform the CRA of your new status and the date of the change. You can do this by using “Change my marital status” on My Account on the CRA Web site or by calling 1-800-387-1193.

You may also complete and send form RC65, Marital Status Change or provide the information by sending a letter to the tax centre that serves your area. Be sure your letter includes the date (day, month and year) of the marital status change, your name and social insurance number, along with your spouse or common-law partner's name and social insurance number (if applicable).

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
guri3577 said:
You can call them or do it online at CRA website( you need a code to make an account). We also had to send our marriage certificate as proof later on.

Here is info. directly from the website:

How do I advise the CRA of my marital status change?
If your marital status has changed, you must inform the CRA of your new status and the date of the change. You can do this by using “Change my marital status” on My Account on the CRA Web site or by calling 1-800-387-1193.

You may also complete and send form RC65, Marital Status Change or provide the information by sending a letter to the tax centre that serves your area. Be sure your letter includes the date (day, month and year) of the marital status change, your name and social insurance number, along with your spouse or common-law partner's name and social insurance number (if applicable).
Thank you so much! I will look into it now. -:)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
shyla36 said:
Thank you so much! I will look into it now. -:)
You are welcome. The website also mentions that you should notify CRA within a month of marriage so, you may have to explain the reason for this delay.

Lorelei

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
21-05-2013
Can your spouse claim you as dependant if you are on implied status?

We had some problems with my husbands gst credit since he changed status from single to married,in the end they sent me temp.tax number and paid him back gst.