+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

kevin55

Jan 5, 2014
Hello All

Need your input to my situation here

Received AIP 14 jan 2014, Fingerprints requested and dealt with it next day , waiting for RCMP mail. Meanwhile

I have PGWP / OWP till aug 2014, i m kind of confuse to apply for OWP extension well in time or no

How long does it takes from AIP to DM and then to landing in Ontario ( what's the timeline) is there is ample time or i shouldn't risk it

Thanks for replying

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Hello Everyone!

First, congrats to all who have received good news! Very happy for you :D

Thought I would update people on my situation. Hubby and I left Canada due to the death of his father. My husband is from a visa-free country, but I was still worried of course about us leaving Canada. We printed off all of our documents and while in his home country, we obtained a death certificate as well. However, when we arrived back to Canada, everything went smooth and no questions were asked! We told them I was sponsoring him and we had an inland sponsorship application in processing. They took his passport, verified some things on the computer, stamped it and that was that! We were very pleased that we didn't have any issues!
Hope this helps anyone that needs to travel.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
guri3577 said:
The OWP part is mentioned in the email sent to the applicant I think. Give it a day, you might get it tomm.

Hey Guri !
Can you please add me to the spreadsheet! Thanks :)

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Vegreville
App. Filed.......: 29-07-2013
AOR Received.: 22-08-2013
Med's Request: sent with app
Med's Done....: 10-07-2013
Police Certificate: Sent with App

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
salsal31 said:
Hi minime,

I was in the same situation a couple of months ago and gosh I got so scared but all is well now Thank God. I think in our situation we concentrated on proving that our relationship was genuine and did not concentrate on cohabitation evidence, though we had submitted little evidence of cohabitation. My partner and I decided to provide new evidence even some of the evidence that we had already provided. The rational for this was.......just in case cic lost that evidence. Additionally we thought it would not harm my application should they receive duplicates. I moved to Canada from Europe to join my partner thererfore I was not on his lease, however we moved to a new add in July 2013 and both names were on the lease. I wrote a letter to cic about this. I sent doctors letters, I was a bit over the top, I sent my bank statements from the time I moved to Canada till November 2013, highlighting shared expenses etc. Additionally all bills were in my partners name but indicated on the bank statements that I paid for some of them. Sent individual letters showing same address. Notorized a common law declaration for the 2nd time, got letters from 2 friends, 4 family members, my church pastor and 2 work colleague's notorized to confirm our relationship, bills in my partners name showing same address and that i pay for them, tax returns, child tax returns more photos. of us and our baby. Photos of our baby's first birthday together, photos of us in restaurants with our baby at different stages of her life, she is almost 2 years now. So we included family photos of us together in our home and different public places. Evidence of buying furniture together, letters from the bank with both our names, credit card statements with both our names. Explained our future plans here in Canada in the letter, not sure if it was important but we did include.This is what I can remember at the top of my head. I thought they wil, get back to us in 11 minths or so but Thank God it was only 5 weeks. Hope this helps.
Thank you salsal this helps a lot now I have an idea of what to send again I will call again tomorrow just to clarify and to everyone else congrats!!!

Aug 22, 2013
i have a question i got the AIP and DM yesterday... and at the time of filling my app i didn't send my landing fee... so at what point i am suppose to submit my landing fee

colivia

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
not requested
VISA ISSUED...
AIP & DM: 21-01-2014
routersinghring said:
i have a question i got the AIP and DM yesterday... and at the time of filling my app i didn't send my landing fee... so at what point i am suppose to submit my landing fee
I received AIP and DM today.. And paid the fee online right away.. It says we have to show it to the visa office upon the landing appointment.. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to see if I send them the receipt will they speed up my interview

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
colivia said:
I received AIP and DM today.. And paid the fee online right away.. It says we have to show it to the visa office upon the landing appointment.. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to see if I send them the receipt will they speed up my interview
As you must be physically present during the landing interview, sending the proof of payment ahead of time won't mean anything. You will be given an appointment time in due time.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
routersinghring said:
I had the same question yesterday regarding the landing fee (right of permanent residence fee) I found the following on Guide 5289 on the CIC website under "paying the fees" for inland spousal sponsorship

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee, which will be requested by CIC at a later stage if your application is approved.

Therefore, you can pay the fee anytime, but they will request the payment if not paid prior at a later stage in the process. Hope this helps.

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
good luck Mrs.Canuck and Ciren home you hear something today...

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Would somebody be kind enough to guide me through the online application for work permit?
There is a questionnaire that need to be filled out, but I can't seem to get it right. Do I indicate that I want to move to canada ? When I do, at the end it tells me I am eligible to apply in the inland spouse program, which I did ???
anyway I am a bit confused here :'(

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rita27 said:
Would somebody be kind enough to guide me through the online application for work permit?
There is a questionnaire that need to be filled out, but I can't seem to get it right. Do I indicate that I want to move to canada ? When I do, at the end it tells me I am eligible to apply in the inland spouse program, which I did ???
Filling out the OWP is a PITA (pain in the *ss) to do. It is not so straight forward to fill. It is way too generic for special case of OWP through spousal sponsorship. Honestly I think CIC should release a special OWP application dedicated for spousal sponsorship.

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Rita27 said:
Its wayyyyy confusing. My husband had to contact CIC and they said that the online OWP application should not be used when you are applying for an OWP after applying for spousal sponsorship. They kindly emailed us a link to the form we should use, just give them a call and they will send you all the instructions for the correct application for OWP.

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Rita27 said:
Give me a minute, and I'll send you the link to the proper form and accompanying guide, sent to me by our lawyer! I just have to go through my email to find it.

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Rita27 said:
For some reason, I'm getting an error message when I try to post the links! Ugh!

The correct form is IMM5710E. Is this the form you are using? It's my understanding that it's a different form than the general OWP form.

If you have any specific questions, let me know, and I'll do all I can to help.

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Rita27 said:
Rita is ther link where to apply for OWP for inland sponsership, its actually the extend workpermit form

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

also here is a dicussion on it:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/where-to-get-an-open-work-permit-application-form-t55302.0.html

hope this helps.