App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Cirene said:
Haha I know! I can't wait... I'm so nervous! :p
i hear you .. i feel nervous as well.. its like writing your final uni exam.. .. or even worse :(..

i hope to see another April AIP this week..

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
Tribilin said:
:eek:!!! is this just AIP or also DM??

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE, ON will contact you concerning your permanent
resident status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

Congratulations !!!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
nrajani_99 said:
i hear you .. i feel nervous as well.. its like writing your final uni exam.. .. or even worse :(..

i hope to see another April AIP this week..
Haha exactly.. Well Today is Wednesday, I still think that we could hear something by the end of the week :D

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
OOMMGG Guys... I got a Private Message here and I opened my email account and saw "IMMIGRATION CANADA" and I almost faint.. :-[

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Cirene said:
OOMMGG Guys... I got a Private Message here and I opened my email account and saw "IMMIGRATION CANADA" and I almost faint.. :-[
lol :p

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Cirene said:
Aww, Cirene! I feel bad laughing at that, but I am! Don't worry, it will be 'the' email SO soon!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
JLynn1987 said:
Aww, Cirene! I feel bad laughing at that, but I am! Don't worry, it will be 'the' email SO soon!
Haha it's ok, I'm laughing about it now! This whole process is very stressful heh

torontomike

Jan 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
Haha it's ok, I'm laughing about it now! This whole process is very stressful heh
Wow that is for sure. I am now stressing over the decision of when to get my wife to do her medicals. We have everything in except for that. I don't want to delay anything, so I am not even sure if it is better to wait or do it ASAP. I am suspicious of opaque bureaucratic processes… and not inclined to take an action that makes her wait longer...

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
filipina311 said:
Congrats to those who got their aip and dms!!! :)

I have a question: has anyone tried opening a bank account in canada? I need to open one but apparently they need canadian id or proof of legal status here. Theres no proof i can show them since im on implied status ( sent inland pr with owp on august 20 2013). Has anyone successfully opened an account here?

Also,i justhad my baby girl here last dec 5. Do i need to inform cic aout this? Thanks!!!
I managed to open a bank account (joint) and subsequently individual with just my passport. Basically, you just need to let the bank officer know that you are her because your spouseis here. As long as they are convinced on that, there is no issue. The only problem I face with banking is opening investment accounts since I do not have a valid SIN at that time.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
torontomike said:
Wow that is for sure. I am now stressing over the decision of when to get my wife to do her medicals. We have everything in except for that. I don't want to delay anything, so I am not even sure if it is better to wait or do it ASAP. I am suspicious of opaque bureaucratic processes... and not inclined to take an action that makes her wait longer...
Well You can do it soon, then the doctor will give you a piece of paper that you need to send to CPC-V and you can attached a page putting the applicant's (in this case your wife) info and UCI.. When CIC receives it they will attached it to the file.

I applied last year (complete package except for the $490 right of permanent residence fee) and last Friday I paid it and sent it with all my info. I did this because if I have a change to get AIP and DM at the same time, I'll do everything I can to make it happen.

You should talk to your wife about it and make a decision, you still have some time too :D hope for the best :D

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Cirene said:
This same thing happened to me last night when Guri messaged me through here. I almost died! LOL

Nothing fro me today either. :(

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
First, HUGE congrats to the many who have received good news in the last few weeks! My heart leaps a little in empathetic joy each time I read of another AIP, DM, or landing. :) I'm done with the process, but the memory of the stress and uncertainty and, finally, the joy, will never be lost.

Now to share my experience again, for those debating doing a medical before CIC requests it:

GatorSPO said:
Hmmm we decided against doing the medical up-front with the application because of the processing times before when we sent in the file in July but now that they seem to be picking up the pace we're thinking of doing it before they approve my sponsorship and start on my wife's PR app to get things done quicker once they reach our pile.

Has the primary concern on doing them after sending in the application that it gets lost or not matched to the file? Is this somewhat mitigate that my wife has a Client ID # from her previous visa and already associated to the app?
I didn't do an upfront medical. It wasn't a deliberate decision; I was just dumb and didn't realize I had to do one until after I submitted the app and found this EXTREMELY helpful forum. I did NOT want to delay the process at all, so after reading a lot on here and deliberating about it, I decided to do the medical before CIC asked for it. I applied in October 2012, and I did my medical (and got my police certificate - another thing I'd missed) in April 2013. I confused the H3LL out of the doctor's office, as I told them I'd already submitted my app, but I needed to do an up-front medical. They told me I needed the form CIC sends when they request that you do a medical. I told them I hadn't received the request. They didn't exactly "advise" me to wait for that, but they were confused by my request, and I was told several times, so that there could be NO doubt, that they would NOT be held responsible if my medical wasn't properly matched up with my file, since I was doing it "wrong." I knew that was a risk I was taking, but I couldn't stand the thought of adding months to my process if I could possibly help it.

I had a UCI, because I am in Québec, so I received my UCI when CIC requested that I get a CSQ from Québec (it's a step unique to this province). I also realized later that I had my UCI on the extension I'd requested as a visitor (requested Dec 2012, received the paperwork in February 2013, if I remember right). There was no place on the "up-front medical" forms to enter my UCI, but I wrote it clearly on the form. (NOTE: things may have changed, as many doctors, I hear, are using a paperless e-medical system now.) After more months of waiting through what I still think of as the Silent Summer of 2013 (there was almost NO news for months over the summer for us 2012ers), I got AIP and DM within an hour on August 30, 2013 (not like THAT date is memorized, right?!?!).

Yes, there is a risk that your medical won't be correctly matched to your file. I would think having your UCI lessens that risk. That means you could have to redo the medical at CIC's request. You would have then wasted the cost of the exam (seems to vary greatly, was between $300 and $400 for me in Québec City, plus the two hour drive each way and the gas money for the trip). Also, some panel physicians may not allow you to do an "up-front medical" when you've already submitted an application but haven't yet received a request from CIC.

In hindsight, of course, I'm QUITE glad I made the decision I made, as it wouldn't have been possible to get DM when I got AIP without a complete file. Heck, I might STILL be waiting for DM, or almost certainly at least waiting to land.

Only you can make the decision. If risking the money and the hassle for something that's by no means certain to reduce your waiting time is worth it to you, go for it.

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
H-hi.. I, got my AIP!

Tears are streaming down my face.

Thank you everyone for all the support this community gives, it has been a long journey but at last there is a light!

Now I'm assuming they need nothing more than the medical which is a relief.

"In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You

must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:

Immigration legislation requires that all applicants for permanent residence and their family

members if applicable complete medical examinations. The required medical forms and

instructions have been sent to the email address provided on your application form."

I also got the standard "you may now apply for OWP" but I'm assuming I'll still get it in the mail soon?

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Jellyfishy said:
H-hi.. I, got my AIP!

Thank you everyone for all the support this community gives, it has been a long journey but at last there is a light!

I also got the standard "you may now apply for OWP" but I'm assuming I'll still get it in the mail soon?
Congratulations, Jellyfish! So very happy for you! :)

Keep 'em coming CIC!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Jellyfishy said:
H-hi.. I, got my AIP!

OOHHHH MYYY GOOOOOODDD :D CONGRATULATIONNNNNSSSS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY.. WOW I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!