05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
Happywife08 said:
Thank you everyone .....

:D :D :D :D

I cannot believe all that hard work payed off... Got both stages...
People keep positive this moment of happiness is worth it.
congrats happywife u must be over the moon right now ..lol since we were wondering where we will be landing cause we live in the Barrie Orillia area I guess now we know that its gonna be in Etobicoke office. :D :D

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
this is what i got today, it is AIP right???? after many people writing i kind of got confuse...

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.
In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You
must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:
[X] Applicants in Canada who are 18 years of age and older and have resided in Mexico for 6
months or more since the age of 18 are required to obtain a Police Certificate from that
country's law enforcement authorities. Please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp or contact the Call
Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100 for further information on how to obtain a police certificate.
Please send the original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. All documents
that have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an
official translation.

The information requested above must be received at this office by 30 April 2014. If these
items are not received, your application for permanent residence may be refused and no further
consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application,
including fees, is submitted.
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the
expected completion date.

fredou

Jul 9, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Yes, AIP = Stage 1 approval. Congratulation ! :-*
Cant wait to receive the same email!

mariannamurrieta said:
this is what i got today, it is AIP right???? after many people writing i kind of got confuse...

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You
[X] Applicants in Canada who are 18 years of age and older and have resided in Mexico for 6
months or more since the age of 18 are required to obtain a Police Certificate from that
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp or contact the Call
Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100 for further information on how to obtain a police certificate.
Please send the original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. All documents
that have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an
official translation.

The information requested above must be received at this office by 30 April 2014. If these
items are not received, your application for permanent residence may be refused and no further
consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application,
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
folks-g said:
congrats happywife u must be over the moon right now ..lol since we were wondering where we will be landing cause we live in the Barrie Orillia area I guess now we know that its gonna be in Etobicoke office. :D :D
nrajani_99 said:
Congrats Happy Wife!!! and everyone else who get Aip!!! happy to see things are moving!
Thank you guys..!

nrajani_99 yes it is Etobicoke ..!!! hahaha

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Now I have anew question..??

I change my address on Ecas but today when I got the email it says my old address.

When I filled the application I requested to be sent everything by email.

but I know some people get snail mail for their landing appoint.

Just want to make sure if they are gonna contact me by email to give me the appoint because I do have that PO box anymore. Does anybody know.?

crester

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: 24-01-2014 \\ DM: 03-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-04-2014@Montreal
Re: uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Hi Mariana, thank you for your quick response! Hope everything will be going well with you! :)

mariannamurrieta said:
i have been living in canada, for 3 years, and yes they require my police check, and they state i must send them no more later than april 30, 2014.

so i will go this monday to do that, and yes they want the police ckech from mexico not canada.

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Happywife08 said:
Now I have anew question..??

I change my address on Ecas but today when I got the email it says my old address.

When I filled the application I requested to be sent everything by email.

but I know some people get snail mail for their landing appoint.

Just want to make sure if they are gonna contact me by email to give me the appoint because I do have that PO box anymore. Does anybody know.?

Congratulations, you will need to contact cic and change your address over the phone. I changed mine on ecas but when I called the cic call centre they still had my old address on file instead of the new add.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mariannamurrieta said:

partner in Canada class.
official translation.

Actually, I wonder if it's more than just AIP?

Doesn't AIP come when the sponsor has been approved? This looks like they are saying, in essence, they have made a decision but it is contingent on you providing your medical, security and background checks.

Either way, congratulations!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Congrats Happywife and Marianna :) CIC is on a roll!!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
CONGRATS HAPPYWIFE AND MARIA!!! :D I'm so happy for you all! Niks you should get yours soon, mine took forever to get approved too, but don't worry it will definitely come :)

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Line.a said:
CONGRATS HAPPYWIFE AND MARIA!!! :D I'm so happy for you all! Niks you should get yours soon, mine took forever to get approved too, but don't worry it will definitely come :)
What about me?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
hockeyfan said:
What about me?
Sorry just quickly screened the pages! You haven't heard anything yet either? It's weird how some gets AIP faster than others!!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Rita27 said:
Feels like CIC just gave up on updating the website !! :mad:
They are busy approving people, no one got time for updating ;)

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
Hello guys! I literally just found this forum 2 days ago!!! Going through the posts makes me feel very excited!!!!

Here is my application progress.

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: CPC-V
App. Filed.......: 08-03-2013
AOR Received.: 20-03-2013

:D :D :D

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
salsal31 said:
Congratulations, you will need to contact cic and change your address over the phone. I changed mine on ecas but when I called the cic call centre they still had my old address on file instead of the new add.
ok thank you I will try to call them never have had any success

thanks everyone