+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

JpEtCaro

Dec 22, 2013
Quebec
Congrats to everybody for the AIP. Félicitation à tout les gens qui ont recue le Saint Graal !! Il faut garder espoir !! Keep the faith everybody. We are from april 9th 2013 , we sent the whole package step 1 and the meds and everything for step 2 so hope to have an answer soon ! Nous sommes du 9 avril 2013 et nous avons envoyé tout les documents pour l,Étape 1 et 2 avec les médicaux et les trucs de police nous esperons avoir une réponse bientôt et peut être comme beaucoup de gens une réponse pour l'étape 1 et 2 en même temps !!

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
A quick question for those with experience from Ontario.

With my new OWP I easily got a social insurance number and OHIP - but for the latter they had to date it three months after the OWP was given to me, although I've of course been in Canada for a full year already.

Is that how it's done? I was under the impression you had to be in Canada for three months as a requirement previously before you could qualify for health insurance.

fredou

Jul 9, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Line.a said:
Guys!! I got AIP :)

It says I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status! It says we need to do a medical and background checks as well. Now we aren't sure about the background check!? Is that police certificates from where I used to live? (England and Denmark) or just Canada?

It doesn't state anything about paying the other half of the immigration fee as well, which we still need to do obviously?!

Also I can see on the email that they are still having our old address - but changed it on ecas, what should I do in this case?

I am so happy I am shaking guys! I guess it's not DM though since they don't say anything about transferring the file or? :)
Im very happy for you and it's a big releife for me too. My date is feb 14 and i taught someting was wrong with my app... Now since ur from the 12th i can expect to receive AIP in a fee days... I cant wait to see if they will update the processing date toomorow on the web site.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ariandel said:

With my new OWP I easily got a social insurance number and OHIP - but for the latter they had to date it three months after the OWP was given to me, although I've of course been in Canada for a full year already.

Is that how it's done? I was under the impression you had to be in Canada for three months as a requirement previously before you could qualify for health insurance.
Your OHIP is/was done correctly. It takes 3 months once you become eligible. You may have been in the country for a year already, but had no status to get medical, now you do :D

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
Hi everybody, congratulation to those who got their AIP & DM!! Hey Line.a you are from Alberta, right? If you are from Edmonton area you can get your medical test at Dominion Medical centres in the south side. Check there website and phone them to know if they still are allow for immigration to make the exams. I got mine there, couple weeks before I submit my application back at the end of November, took me like a week to get an appointment, pay $400, as I don't have status, I just brought my passport. good luck.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Alurra71 said:
Your OHIP is/was done correctly. It takes 3 months once you become eligible. You may have been in the country for a year already, but had no status to get medical, now you do :D
I assume it would be the same for Nova Scotia... ? :/

Also, guys. I know this question has been asked a million times, but when I switch jobs I simply have to call CIC and let them know, right? They have the contact information for my current job so I don't want there to be a mix up when it comes time for me to move to another job.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ariandel said:

As Alurra said, you only get on OHIP after 3 months of qualifying. Prior to your OWP/AIP approval, you were just visiting canada.

Under OHIP rules, everybody, Canadians PRs and work visas workers must wait 3 months after arriving ontario as a new residence.

Things happening

Jan 2, 2014
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
kaiu said:
Good news for me...

Received two emails at 10 AM today, hopefully it means Stage 1 is over.

1st email is approving me as a sponsor and my responsibilities.

2nd email is stating my wife eligibility is met, and her work permit is approved *to be sent separately*

Application Sent in March 2013
It was Received March 4, 2013
It began being processing March 20, 2013
Medicals done April 2013
Work Permit Application sent October 2013

Processing Completed: Jan. 8, 2014 (Says our local office will contact us about the PR status) Located: Scarborough, ON
congrats kaiu

shawngong

Dec 18, 2013
Bebecharmed said:
Hi Everyone!

AIP/DM- Dec.30------Received January 6, landing appointment and OWP...Scheduled for landing interview in Feb 5th. Yes!!!! ;D
I am just reeeaaaaallly happy! Hope everyone receives speedy and positive results.

Cheers!
Hi that's great. I am in Calgary as well, how did they contact you? by phone, email or mail?

Thanks

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Line.a said:
OMG Line.a I am soooo happy for you :) :) :)… God I was worry about you. but finally at least you know they didn't forget about you hehe

It is amazing how we all feel so close to each other without even knowing what we look like…
it is nice to have people who understands what you are going trough. Like me I check my e-mails soo many times a day they think I am crazy haha

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Happywife08 said:
OMG Line.a I am soooo happy for you :) :) :)... God I was worry about you. but finally at least you know they didn't forget about you hehe

It is amazing how we all feel so close to each other without even knowing what we look like...
it is nice to have people who understands what you are going trough. Like me I check my e-mails soo many times a day they think I am crazy haha
Happywife,

I haven't heard anything yet, still waiting, if we don't hear this week, I imagine next week for sure!!

All the best,

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Ariandel said:

Whats an OHIP?

How and where did you apply for SIN?

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Line.a said:

It says I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status! It says we need to do a medical and background checks as well. Now we aren't sure about the background check!? Is that police certificates from where I used to live? (England and Denmark) or just Canada?

It doesn't state anything about paying the other half of the immigration fee as well, which we still need to do obviously?!

Also I can see on the email that they are still having our old address - but changed it on ecas, what should I do in this case?

I am so happy I am shaking guys! I guess it's not DM though since they don't say anything about transferring the file or? :)
Congrats Line.a :)

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Line.a said:

Omg congrats on your AIP! I'm so happy for youu!! <3 <3

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
applied4PR said:
Whats an OHIP?

How and where did you apply for SIN?
OHIP is ontario health coverage plan.

You can apply for SIN when you have OWP, a work visa or depending on where you land (inland), you can get it at landing, or when you get your PR card after you land.

Screech339