10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
computergeek said:
It's very easy to worry, but not justified in your situation. The date is really what you should watch - when the AIP date goes past your application date, then you should start to wonder what's going on. But until that point, odds are your application is sitting on someone's desk waiting for attention and your officer is (unfortunately) a bit slower than other officers working on applications in the same general time frame.

I don't know how they choose to assign files to specific officers, but it is clear from reading this forum for the past couple years that there is some natural variation, which suggests to me that they separate out applications at some point (it's the computer geek in me and this comes from my study of queuing theory) and thus introduce a bit of variability in waiting times before the application is reviewed.

Your time is nigh.
Agree with computergeek! Do you do work in computers or something by the way?

All the best,

ishy

Feb 19, 2013
Kingston, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
AIP: December 20, 2013
Interview........
DM: January 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Landing letter received 23-02-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014 in Ottawa
msbozick said:
Oh thanks so much!! So when is my medical considered as being received? Will it be at AIP or DM? I'm just trying to decide if I want to send it upfront, wait a few months and do it, or wait until it's requested.
I believe it's like a E-File. We did the medical with our application, and the upfront medical had a E-file number.

I'm guessing after AIP and when the officer starts the applicant assessment, he/she will pull the file through the system using the E-file number and mark it as medical received. If not, then the medical request will be sent to you. If you wait, it's obviously going to take longer vs doing it right away with app. However, if you were an older person maybe the officer would hesitate to extend your medicals if it were to expire. I think a good time would be to do it 6 months in after AOR.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ishy said:
I believe it's like a E-File. We did the medical with our application, and the upfront medical had a E-file number.

I'm guessing after AIP and when the officer starts the applicant assessment, he/she will pull the file through the system using the E-file number and mark it as medical received. If not, then the medical request will be sent to you. If you wait, it's obviously going to take longer vs doing it right away with app. However, if you were an older person maybe the officer would hesitate to extend your medicals if it were to expire. I think a good time would be to do it 6 months in after AOR.
Actually, if you have a UCI when you get your medical, the medical results will attach to your file when they are posted. I had this happen to me: the medical results for my second medical examination showed up in the file of my first application (which had been refused on medical grounds). Once they added my second application, the new results appeared immediately attached to my file.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
msbozick said:
Oh thanks so much!! So when is my medical considered as being received? Will it be at AIP or DM? I'm just trying to decide if I want to send it upfront, wait a few months and do it, or wait until it's requested.
I'm not sure. But I heard the following,
If you do medical exam upfront and you send the proof, it will be valid for 1 year after CPC-V receive your application for PR.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Tomorisu said:
I'm not sure. But I heard the following,
If you do medical exam upfront and you send the proof, it will be valid for 1 year after CPC-V receive your application for PR.
Medicals are valid for one year from the date of the examination. They may be extended for an additional 12 months by the visa office if requested within 15 months of the initial examination.

Note: it is the visa office's choice to request the extension, not the applicant.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
computergeek said:
Medicals are valid for one year from the date of the examination. They may be extended for an additional 12 months by the visa office if requested within 15 months of the initial examination.

Note: it is the visa office's choice to request the extension, not the applicant.
If we schedule a medical examination now we don't need to bring any paper work with us? And thanks for your earlier post, I hope that's what's gonna happen. But there wouldn't be any issues with our application if it takes longer do you think?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
computergeek said:

I thought the same thing before. But when my friend talked with CIC call centre, she was told that medical results are valid for 1 year from the date when CPC-V receive. However, what CIC call centre say sometimes is not reliable, though..... :p

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
Would anyone close to the AIP help me out with this, please?? What do you see when you check your 'eCAS'? I see only 'application received' and can access only with my partner's name.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Tomorisu said:
I thought the same thing before. But when my friend talked with CIC call centre, she was told that medical results are valid for 1 year from the date when CPC-V receive. However, what CIC call centre say sometimes is not reliable, though..... :p
CIC doesn't want to state the obvious that medical results can be extended if so warranted. As far as official policy goes, medical results are valid for 1 year after date of examination. I think CIC will want the applicant to redo their medical again out of their own free will rather than depending on CIC agent to extend their medical validity period.

Usually though if the medical result is sound and no issues, agent tends to ask for extension. Again up to the agent's decision. If there was any small concern or minor issue with medical, they will likely ask for a medical redo.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Maxician said:
Would anyone close to the AIP help me out with this, please?? What do you see when you check your 'eCAS'? I see only 'application received' and can access only with my partner's name.
Sounds like CIC has received your application, nothing more. Not a confirmation of AIP or AOR. You will get an AOR email from CIC within 1-3 months confirming your application date.

Screech339

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
ishy said:

I am a perfectly healthy 26 year old woman, haha. I really doubt there will be anything of interest in my medical exam. I think I'm going to wait a few months and do it, just to be sure. I'm just so afraid of doing something wrong!! I also don't want to waste $350 on a medical exam. Although at this point it's seeming like a small price to pay. ;)

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
MaxLet said:
JUST GOT AIP!! :) Hubby got the email saying he meets the requirements, and I got the letter indicating to take the medicals! :D im so happy im shaking!! :D
Please, give me a hand here, with which letter do I go to RAMQ (quebec insurance)? i know we can start getting the card as soon as we got AIP but I dont know how.
Im also ask to submit fingerprints for the federal :S I guess I have to go to the police station or something. Please a hand here?

Congratulations to all fellow applicants getting aip :D 2014 is gonna be a wonderfull year!
Congrats MaxLet!! Such a great feeling to see things are happen, isn't it?!!
As Tomorisu told you you are going to send this amazing letter (AIP) from CIC + your passport + your CSQ + form to Regie de maladie and soon they give you some protocol, your carence and you card will arrives in 3 months.

Good luck and I hope to see all of us celebrating the DM soon :)

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
screech339 said:
Sounds like CIC has received your application, nothing more. Not a confirmation of AIP or AOR. You will get an AOR email from CIC within 1-3 months confirming your application date.

Screech339
Yes, Screech, only I applied in March, 2013...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
If there was any small concern or minor issue with medical, they will likely ask for a medical redo.

Screech339
Since the medical requirements are much lower for Spousal sponsorship, I can't imagine that anything less than TB (or any other disease that could potentially harm the public) would truly warrant a redo, but...CIC has their own way of doing things, right?!?!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
OK, I found this.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op15-eng.pdf
9. Procedure: Validity Period of a Medical Certificate
Medical results (medical certificate) for applicants who pass a medical examination in or
outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment
of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff. The validity of medical
examinations reflects the likelihood of an applicant’s health condition changing and the
risk of acquiring diseases of public health importance. If processing of the application is
not completed in time, a new examination must be requested.

My friend was told the wrong thing!