+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

yulialake

Oct 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Xyz1 said:
we received DM on Jan 13, notified of landing interview on jan 19th. On jan 20tg we got an email saying " we made an error on your file. We must cancel your appointment. We will contact you to reschedule upon review of your file."

A couple of days later a CBSA officer came to our home for a sight check and since neither my husband nor I were home, our landlord talked to them about our relationship, how long we lived there, etc.We heard nothing for a couple weeks, then got an email rescheduling our landing for Feb 16. I was incredibly relieved, until our lawyer advised us to prepare as though we may be questioned regarding our relationship on that date.

Has anyone ever heard of someone being interviewed at this stage? After DM? Or should we simply assume it's a standard landing interview? We will prepare either way but I'd just like to know if there is any precedent of what appears to be a landing interview turning into a relationship interview. It's too much stress not knowing what to expect.
Well, I've heard some stories when CIC is unsure that you relationship is genuine they interview a couple in two different rooms. Asking questions like, what colour of your husband's underwear or how your kitchen looks like. Tjose kind of question. And if your answers dont match, you're in trouble. So make sure you know your apartment well.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
shyla36 said:
For those who might know, how do you correct info on COPR. I just noticed my marital status was put as single. Can I just go to Service Canada? I know its a very unacceptable mistake, how could they put it as single when i was sponsored via spousal. I just want all my documents to be consistent.
Have you been married on your last entry date? If not, that's not a mistake, it shows your marital status when you entered Canada.

Indicate your marital status as it should appear on your immigration document. Your record will only be amended if your marriage status was recorded incorrectly at the time of entry to Canada and you can provide proof. If your marital status has changed after you entered Canada, it will not be amended.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5218ETOC.asp

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Hey folks, I haven't been around much lately because I was feeling a bit sad about still not having DM. With all of the confusion of my adult daughter's medical getting lost in California and such, I had no hopes that it would be any time soon. However just this morning I received the DM letter!

And talk about timing, we had just received a letter on Friday from Alberta Health saying that we would need documentation that our son was still allowed to be here or his healthcare would expire.

Hopefully landing date will be soon. ;D

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
AckTivity said:
Hey folks, I haven't been around much lately because I was feeling a bit sad about still not having DM. With all of the confusion of my adult daughter's medical getting lost in California and such, I had no hopes that it would be any time soon. However just this morning I received the DM letter!

And talk about timing, we had just received a letter on Friday from Alberta Health saying that we would need documentation that our son was still allowed to be here or his healthcare would expire.

Congrats! :D

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
AckTivity said:

Big congrat AckTivity, finally your DM is come :D . Me too I am waiting for the interview date from CIC Montreal too. Cheer for you and your family :D

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
woodyc said:
So I did a upfront medical when we applied for P.R ( it was only 10 months wait start to finish when we applied ) thought one year for medical to expire would be fine . We got AIP in Feb 2014 & since then Ecas has said medical results received.

What are the chances off CIC asking for another medical ? Since it's expired now. Has any other members had medical results on ecas & still got asked to do another medical ?
Don't really want to have to pay another $300 for medical & more delays cause CIC can't do their job efficiently.
It seems to be really hit and miss if they request a re-med or not. ACS said they did theirs June 2013 and didn't have to redo, I did mine the same month and got a re-med request last month. Hopefully you get to skip that part!!!

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
sophieee said:
Have you been married on your last entry date? If not, that's not a mistake, it shows your marital status when you entered Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5218ETOC.asp
Thanks for that link Sophieee , I didn't know that there was a specific department to deal with these issues .
My COPR shows that I'm married ( I married on 2013 ) , but when I first and last entered Canada (2011) I was single .
So I think on shyla36's case , it should be fixed .

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the Facebook page

TORONTO & WESTERN CITIES PROTESTS LAUNCHED:

As of today’s date Feb 9 2015, the AIP processing time is 18 months (doubled from the same period last year and tripled from the same period in 2013), leaving over 10000 Canadian families in limbo for the past year. CIC and Minister Chris Alexander continue to neglect the backlog issues.

Following the protest in Ottawa that will take place on Sunday March 1 2015 in front of CIC's headquarter, our Facebook group will help bring together affected families in Toronto & the West coast, represented by following cities: Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Regina - 2 weeks after the Ottawa protest, on Saturday March 14 2015. Each protest aims at minimum 20 participants and will follow respective protest regulations in each concerned city. The anticipated date for all five cities will be Saturday March 14 2015. The anticipated location will be in front of city halls.

Thanks to the very generous donations from group members we have received so far, each protest will receive $200 funding aid from our group donations, $1000 in total, to help fund protest supplies (signs, organization associated fees, etc). The protests on March 14 2015 will continue to call on CIC and Government of Canada to clear AIP backlog immediately and include Out of Status applicants in the OWP pilot program.

To make this campaign a success, we call on people living in these cities to proactively take the leads, by leaving your name below, indicate what you would like to help (registration with cities, processing registration, event coordinators, sign preparation, etc).

Media and concerned MPs in these cities will be officially informed of this national action from Inland families.

For now, we will launch registrations for the protests at the following official registration link: http://goo.gl/4cdf7k

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
linxord said:
Tilikun :( no ecas updates about the PR card yet. its past 30 days.
Hey buddy ! You should see something by Friday , fingers crossed !

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Xyz1 said:
we received DM on Jan 13, notified of landing interview on jan 19th. On jan 20tg we got an email saying " we made an error on your file. We must cancel your appointment. We will contact you to reschedule upon review of your file."

A couple of days later a CBSA officer came to our home for a sight check and since neither my husband nor I were home, our landlord talked to them about our relationship, how long we lived there, etc.We heard nothing for a couple weeks, then got an email rescheduling our landing for Feb 16. I was incredibly relieved, until our lawyer advised us to prepare as though we may be questioned regarding our relationship on that date.

Has anyone ever heard of someone being interviewed at this stage? After DM? Or should we simply assume it's a standard landing interview? We will prepare either way but I'd just like to know if there is any precedent of what appears to be a landing interview turning into a relationship interview. It's too much stress not knowing what to expect.
Hey Xyz1,
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Prepare for the full on interview but I have not heard any elaborate landing interviews. Usually the other (long) interview happens before granting AIP. The fact that you have AIP means they are ok with your relationship. That's what we know. If any one else knows of a different case where something like this happened, they'll come forward and reply to you. Prepare for the big interview but I'm pretty sure its just landing interview. In any case, you guys should be fine because you KNOW you are genuine and no matter how many questions they ask, you'll be able to prove it because truth shows. Prepare well, Congrats again :)

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
DM!!!! Finally DM. one week & one day shy of a year from AIP to DM. So happy right now. Just gotta wait for the busiest office in the world Vancouver to contact me. It's a stat day here in BC so it's pretty funny that I got it on a day when everyone in BC isn't working but good to see CIC back at work.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
woodyc said:
DM!!!! Finally DM. one week & one day shy of a year from AIP to DM. So happy right now. Just gotta wait for the busiest office in the world Vancouver to contact me. It's a stat day here in BC so it's pretty funny that I got it on a day when everyone in BC isn't working but good to see CIC back at work.
Congrats Woody :) finally!
good to see that it has finally come to an good end for you guys as well.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
woodyc said:
So happy for you Woodyc!!! Now you can sit back and relax as the whole process gonna end very soon!!

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
ukca8614 said:
It seems to be really hit and miss if they request a re-med or not. ACS said they did theirs June 2013 and didn't have to redo, I did mine the same month and got a re-med request last month. Hopefully you get to skip that part!!!
I have the similar situation as yours. I did the upfront med in May 2013 and submitted application in July 2013, also was requested to redo med in December 2014 after 6-month expiration.