+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

whatalongwait

Dec 14, 2014
bankerguy said:
Yeah i'm not sure.... i'd guess Common-law... since its not as 'stable' as being married...easier to break up. etc.

I would be so surprised if they asked me and my partner for more proof. We submit bank statement, both our names on our lease/rent agreement and about 100 pictures of us spanning 2 - 3 years (we're common law)

The only thing i was worried about was the fact that her police certificate (from Japan) expired 1 day after we put the application package in the express post mail.... the CIC agent said they consider it expired if its mailed AFTER the expiry date. They don't consider it expired if they physically receive it after the expiry date. Its all about the date it was mailed.

I'm guessing that it's fine since they havnt asked us about that ..but ya.. *fingers crossed*
Keep them crossed. Ours was a similar case with the police cert from Japan. We didn't have to redo them.

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
Hi,

I received an email this morning from CIC regarding my application. I'm a September applicant and I received OWP under the pilot program this Monday. We don't have AIP yet.

It said I need to submit: proof of relationship, proof of cohabitation, and medical.

We already submitted, 88 pages of our emails (we were in long distance relationships for 3 years), pictures from our trips to meet, tickets, pictures from our weddings and so on. WHAT CAN WE PUT MORE FOR OUR PROOF??
Also we included the void cheque and copy of lease for proof of cohabitation... AGAIN WHAT CAN I PUT MORE!?!?

Good to know they are working on our application but I'm slightly confused. I received similar email from them in July 2014 asking to provide more information regards to my address and work.

Please help. Thank you.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
hankbuster said:
You can't quite post the exact link because the website require you select what you need to do behind a agreement to use the sever.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

but if you choose immigration and under Temporary Residence you see you can pay for work permit there
Thank you!!!!!!!!! Paid, done and done!

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianyogini said:
Hi,

I received an email this morning from CIC regarding my application. I'm a September applicant and I received OWP under the pilot program this Monday. We don't have AIP yet.

It said I need to submit: proof of relationship, proof of cohabitation, and medical.

We already submitted, 88 pages of our emails (we were in long distance relationships for 3 years), pictures from our trips to meet, tickets, pictures from our weddings and so on. WHAT CAN WE PUT MORE FOR OUR PROOF??
Also we included the void cheque and copy of lease for proof of cohabitation... AGAIN WHAT CAN I PUT MORE!?!?

Good to know they are working on our application but I'm slightly confused. I received similar email from them in July 2014 asking to provide more information regards to my address and work.

Please help. Thank you.
Yes that is VERY annoying and I hope I don't get the same email as I provided them with everything

My only guess is any documentation from the date they received the application to todays date such as any pictures, Bank transfers and Mail in both of your names to the current address

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
canadianyogini said:
Hi,

Please help. Thank you.
perhaps CIC is looking for updated information about your relationship, since more than a year has passd since you applied. it's quite possible for relationships to breakdown in that amount of time. or perhaps CIC can't use proof from 2013 to approve an applicant in 2015 (ie: maybe there is a limit to the amount of "old" information they can use). The application calls for proof for the span of your relationship, which would include anytime after application submission. i'd assume most applicants are going to get this request because of the time between application submission and application review.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
perhaps CIC is looking for updated information about your relationship, since more than a year has passd since you applied. it's quite possible for relationships to breakdown in that amount of time. or perhaps CIC can't use proof from 2013 to approve an applicant in 2015 (ie: maybe there is a limit to the amount of "old" information they can use). The application calls for proof for the span of your relationship, which would include anytime after application submission. i'd assume most applicants are going to get this request because of the time between application submission and application review.
I think that's exactly the problem, rather than the questioning the validity of the relationship. It is CICs fault that this information is old but they still need to keep it updated. Some friends of my wife who are going through this process (as common law) have recently split up, if they don't notify CIC then how else would they know? 25 months is a long time :(

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
LeBon said:
It is CICs fault that this information is old but they still need to keep it updated.
While the agency CIC lacked to complete applications in a timely manner, it is NOT the fault of the immigration officers handling the files. please remember these are everyday workers doing their job. it is not THEIR fault CIC decided to delay the processing of inland applications. i'd imagine they have just as much of a say as the applicant and sponsor do. they are given protocols and rules to follow, and it is not the officers who are the ones deliberately messing up the system. that would be the person/people in charge who initated the internal directives to do so. (and no, i don't work for CIC or have any connection to CIC workers, it just bothers me to see the immigration officers continually blamed for something that must be far out of their immediate control. i'm also not saying they don't have any accountability for their own mistakes, which there are many and requires better file ownership, departmental mananement and training of duties. what i am saying is if "blame" is necessary, then blame the top leaders and the lack of proper training.)

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
We have mails to our current address (since 2012 November). We had a wedding ceremony in November so I will send some of those pics as well. We have christmas cards for each other each year. I hope this is enough proof...

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
While the agency CIC lacked to complete applications in a timely manner, it is NOT the fault of the immigration officers handling the files. please remember these are everyday workers doing their job. it is not THEIR fault CIC decided to delay the processing of inland applications. i'd imagine they have just as much of a say as the applicant and sponsor do. they are given protocols and rules to follow, and it is not the officers who are the ones deliberately messing up the system. that would be the person/people in charge who initated the internal directives to do so. (and no, i don't work for CIC or have any connection to CIC workers, it just bothers me to see the immigration officers continually blamed for something that must be far out of their immediate control. i'm also not saying they don't have any accountability for their own mistakes, which there are many and requires better file ownership, departmental mananement and training of duties. what i am saying is if "blame" is necessary, then blame the top leaders and the lack of proper training.)
Sorry but i really have no sympathy for any of the CIC workers I can't believe it is that hard to process peoples apps in a timely manner I've been waiting for my second stage for 11 months & when I called after the 8 months was up the agent said you should hear something by the end of the month I didn't. Called back & then a agent actually look at my file & said nothing has been done on your file since Feb 2014 this was in the end of Nov really 10 months & nothing. When i called back yesterday the agent said you should hear something between now & May 2015 thats just great potentially another 5 months of waiting. Look at most of the outland offices how can they process apps so quickly. You know your in the Inland 2013 App thread ( the year of getting screwed by CIC ) so telling us not to hate on CIC not cool.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
woodyc said:
Sorry but i really have no sympathy for any of the CIC workers I can't believe it is that hard to process peoples apps in a timely manner I've been waiting for my second stage for 11 months & when I called after the 8 months was up the agent said you should hear something by the end of the month I didn't. Called back & then a agent actually look at my file & said nothing has been done on your file since Feb 2014 this was in the end of Nov really 10 months & nothing. When i called back yesterday the agent said you should hear something between now & May 2015 thats just great potentially another 5 months of waiting. Look at most of the outland offices how can they process apps so quickly. You know your in the Inland 2013 App thread ( the year of getting screwed by CIC ) so telling us not to hate on CIC not cool.
my point is it's not necessarily the immigration officer's DECISION not to process the applications. how do you know they are just sitting on applications and purposely NOT working on them? you don't. my point is, they are human beings just like we are. i hardly doubt they are sitting there with your files and laughing with eachother about how many files they have yet to process. perhaps if there was less focus on hate, then there would be less to hate. i don't condone what is being done. i am just saying the anger can be displaced at times. i can't imagine what it's like to go through it without having any control. what i learned when i was excluded from canada for 1 year is sometimes shifts in perspective help overcome the challenges we face. that is all.

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
my point is it's not necessarily the immigration officer's DECISION not to process the applications. how do you know they are just sitting on applications and purposely NOT working on them? you don't. my point is, they are human beings just like we are. i hardly doubt they are sitting there with your files and laughing with eachother about how many files they have yet to process. perhaps if there was less focus on hate, then there would be less to hate. i don't condone what is being done. i am just saying the anger can be displaced at times. i can't imagine what it's like to go through it without having any control. what i learned when i was excluded from canada for 1 year is sometimes shifts in perspective help overcome the challenges we face. that is all.
Well it's kinda disheartening when the office you send your app to CPC-V is going through 1 month of apps in a week then all of a sudden a halt nothing. Then you get a letter saying your file has been moved to a new office CPC-M & we did this to speed things up. That's it nothing no reason for the long wait. When I applied for my P.R it was 10 to 11 months total now what is it like 24 months as CPC-M said in the letter this move was to speed things up pfft! Shoulda applied outland kick myself for that everyday.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
woodyc said:
Well it's kinda disheartening when the office you send your app to CPC-V is going through 1 month of apps in a week then all of a sudden a halt nothing. Then you get a letter saying your file has been moved to a new office CPC-M & we did this to speed things up. That's it nothing no reason for the long wait. When I applied for my P.R it was 10 to 11 months total now what is it like 24 months as CPC-M said in the letter this move was to speed things up pfft! Shoulda applied outland kick myself for that everyday.
the anger is definitely warranted, no doubt there. CIC is be shady with inland apps for a reason. what that reason is, unfortunately we probably will never know. i also have no doubt everyone with legitimate relationships will get through successfully and I often send out prayers to make it so. :)

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
woodyc said:
Woodyc, don't beat yourself up over it. Decisions should be judged based on the data that was available at the time the decision was made, and not the outcome. This is what they teach in decision making.

All of us made the same decision given the data and extremely few can predict the future consistently, if at all. :)

Blackdisc

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Alright fellow members a little advice needed here. Hoping someone can help. Received a package in mail yesterday from cic. My husband needs to apply for criminal rehabilitation. Thankful they are allowing us to do this than just rejecting right away. Has anyone had to obtain court documents from their home country while here in canada? What is the fastest and easiest way to go about this? Contact the court directly? They gave us 2 months but want to do this asap. Also it asks for police check buy since this is being sent to our local office (which we now have a case officer) and they already have one from our application is it necessary for a new one??? Hoping anyine can shed some light for us. Thanks in advance :)

jeffc

Jun 26, 2014
Hi!!

Some help please. :)

My partner got her OWP and She would like to visit her partners back home.
She is not from a visa exempt country, what does she need to do?
Apply for a TRV? Can she apply online in Canada or she has to apply outside of Canada?

thanks,