Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Littlesoldier said:
I think they wanted to say 12 August but input it wrongly....you know 12 and 17 looks alike :(
Either way. They should send AIPs and OWP then. Lol. Keeping our faith for.faster processing and showers of AIP OWP and DM

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
impatienthope said:
Can someone clarify the AOR vs application received and submitted dates?
For example the post delivered the application (confirmation by tracking) on Aug. 9th. 2013
The AOR email came in September, but states they received the application on Aug. 21st. 2013
The website states they started processing the application Sept. 12, 2013.
So which date do we use to compare to their "processing applications received on..." date?
Aug. 21. It'll say that date on your ECAS as well.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
No AIP for me today :(

I called and got them to send an email to the CPC since my Aug.14th date is now past their (current - unless they change it to 7 or 12) processing time of the 17th.

She told me call back in 3 weeks.

She claims there is activity on my file.

Though last week there was apparently nothing since March.

We shall see....

josuetenista

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
I have a question regarding my mailing address.
When I filled the application I first went to a community center to get some assistance and guidance on how to send the application package. They guided me through the process and I had to sign the form that says that I authorize the use of a representative and also when I access the ecase it shows me their mailing address instead of mine.
Everything was fine with them (community center) until CIC transferred my file from vegreville to mississauga. When that happened they forgot to tell me that they received a letter from cic telling me about the transfer of application center.

Since that day I don't trust them anymore because I'm afraid that there are going to forget to let me know whenever I get mail from CIC. Do you think it is ok to change the mailing address on the online services ( I just found out you can actually do that) to my home mailing address? Or do you think this will slower my file and maybe will have some negative impact. I don't wanna do anything that affects my file or the processing time of it and at the same time It would be much better to get all CIC mail at home .

My application was received nov 4th 2013 and I also send OWP application along with it.

Thanks for your help

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
josuetenista said:
When I filled the application I first went to a community center to get some assistance and guidance on how to send the application package. They guided me through the process and I had to sign the form that says that I authorize the use of a representative and also when I access the ecase it shows me their mailing address instead of mine.
Everything was fine with them (community center) until CIC transferred my file from vegreville to mississauga. When that happened they forgot to tell me that they received a letter from cic telling me about the transfer of application center.

Since that day I don't trust them anymore because I'm afraid that there are going to forget to let me know whenever I get mail from CIC. Do you think it is ok to change the mailing address on the online services ( I just found out you can actually do that) to my home mailing address? Or do you think this will slower my file and maybe will have some negative impact. I don't wanna do anything that affects my file or the processing time of it and at the same time It would be much better to get all CIC mail at home .

My application was received nov 4th 2013 and I also send OWP application along with it.

Thanks for your help
changing your address online isn't going to negatively affect or "slow down" your file. what's important to understand is that changing your name online doesn't necessarily mean your new address will automatically be connected to your file. there are reports from applicants who have only changed their address online that CIC still sent mail to their old address. It's important to also send updated address information to the visa office handling your file, so they can attach your new address on their end.

If you no longer want someone to be your representative, i believe there is a form you can use to cancel their representation and provide new contact details for your file.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
impatienthope said:
Can someone clarify the AOR vs application received and submitted dates?
For example the post delivered the application (confirmation by tracking) on Aug. 9th. 2013
The AOR email came in September, but states they received the application on Aug. 21st. 2013
The website states they started processing the application Sept. 12, 2013.
So which date do we use to compare to their "processing applications received on..." date?
I think Shyla and Linden are right, if CIC put the Aug 21th as receiving date, than unfortunately that's the date you are waiting for. Hopefully it will come soon!

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
josuetenista said:

Thanks for your help
You can change the address online and this has no impact on your file.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
ACS said:
No AIP for me today :(

I called and got them to send an email to the CPC since my Aug.14th date is now past their (current - unless they change it to 7 or 12) processing time of the 17th.

She told me call back in 3 weeks.

She claims there is activity on my file.

Though last week there was apparently nothing since March.

We shall see....
Hi ACS, no email yet from Missassauga? Think positive...

josuetenista

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
rhcohen2014 said:
changing your address online isn't going to negatively affect or "slow down" your file. what's important to understand is that changing your name online doesn't necessarily mean your new address will automatically be connected to your file. there are reports from applicants who have only changed their address online that CIC still sent mail to their old address. It's important to also send updated address information to the visa office handling your file, so they can attach your new address on their end.

If you no longer want someone to be your representative, i believe there is a form you can use to cancel their representation and provide new contact details for your file.
I was just trying to change my address but to do it so I have to check a box that says "Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site".
I still wanna be able to check the status of my case only...Any other waay to change your mailing address?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
josuetenista said:
I was just trying to change my address but to do it so I have to check a box that says "Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site".
I still wanna be able to check the status of my case only...Any other waay to change your mailing address?
don''t click that box. it's not associated with changing your address, nor is it needed for doing so. it is always there on ecas when you sign in. you should be able to submit WITHOUT checking the box.

josuetenista

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
rhcohen2014 said:
don''t click that box. it's not associated with changing your address, nor is it needed for doing so. it is always there on ecas when you sign in. you should be able to submit WITHOUT checking the box.
thanks I found the way to change it

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
sophieee said:
I think Shyla and Linden are right, if CIC put the Aug 21th as receiving date, than unfortunately that's the date you are waiting for. Hopefully it will come soon!
Hmm, so why do folks post App. Filed dates on the side of their comments (which I can't figure out how to do by the way)?
Is this just to flaunt CIC's incompetence? So the files sit in a pile in the mail room, for more than a month in most cases, and are not marked as received until a file clerk gets around to it? I guess my time may still come soon, if the posted times are to be believed. I am hoping good things for all those who are waiting, esp. the before Aug. 17 folks that have not posted their good news yet. Do you think they have moved beyond Aug 17 since they always post 2 days after the date of the update?

Someday I would like a tour of the whole process, the real tour, where the applications are received, who picks them up, how they are distributed to CIC employees, what their process/checklist is for approval (especially on the more arbitrary or subjective things) and who else has to see the file, who sends the emails, posts the updates, all of it. It would be a harrowing tour, fit for Halloween. Or do we already know the worst of it with lost papers, random approval and processing schedule, AIPs that are made but not told to the applicants, DM's that are MIA...

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Guess the whole CIC crew went shopping for Halloween costumes after they updated the site this morning. They should look for clown costumes cause this update is a big joke! :mad:

homeland2014

Aug 14, 2014
3september2013 said:
Guess the whole CIC crew went shopping for Halloween costumes after they updated the site this morning. They should look for clown costumes cause this update is a big joke! :mad:
Haha I completely agree!

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Anyone from aug 1 to 10 applicants here who receive their OWP ?