20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sniper23 said:
damn i guess i better get on that then..in my country to do medical u need to have ur passport....one question like how hes non accompany need potos too???
I may be wrong as I believe CiC designated medical doctors exams are done electronically, eMedical. Thus photos may not be required. The doctor may just take a picture himself. To be honest, I am not 100% sure what they do now with eMedical as my applicant's medical was done before Emedical came into being. At the time, pictures were required. Don't think it is required withe new procedure. Best to contact the designated doctor in home country and ask them what is expected of child to bring for medical exam. Only the doctor can actually tell you what is needed.

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
screech339 said:
I may be wrong as I believe CiC designated medical doctors exams are done electronically, eMedical. Thus photos may not be required. The doctor may just take a picture himself. To be honest, I am not 100% sure what they do now with eMedical as my applicant's medical was done before Emedical came into being. At the time, pictures were required. Don't think it is required withe new procedure. Best to contact the designated doctor in home country and ask them what is expected of child to bring for medical exam. Only the doctor can actually tell you what is needed.
ok then so i guess i just wait on cic to request for medical to be done then..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sniper23 said:
ok then so i guess i just wait on cic to request for medical to be done then..
There is no harm in contacting the CiC designated doctor where the child is located and asked them. It is better to know ahead of time what is expected of you when the time CiC comes knocking.

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 and 08-05-2014
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I may be wrong as I believe CiC designated medical doctors exams are done electronically, eMedical. Thus photos may not be required. The doctor may just take a picture himself. To be honest, I am not 100% sure what they do now with eMedical as my applicant's medical was done before Emedical came into being. At the time, pictures were required. Don't think it is required with the new procedure. Best to contact the designated doctor in home country and ask them what is expected of child to bring for medical exam. Only the doctor can actually tell you what is needed.
I don't need to worry about my oldest daughter as she is exempted for good. The repeat medicals are just for the three that I had done already.

When my three youngest's medicals were done in July 2013, they were on eMedical and uploaded immediately to CIC, but I still was required to provide pictures in a very specific size as they also required I submit an application for each child along with copies of birth certificates and passports. I found the Macy's photographer in Pittsburgh was able to accommodate at $25/photo, but not the plethora of passport photo shops as they only do US passport specifications.

Add to this the cost... I spent over $1000 USD to get their medicals done the first time, and so I am looking at this much again if not more (if the price went up). Not to mention the cost of going down there, staying at a hotel, the photos. And who knows if they are asking for more this time (FBI backgrounds would require that cost including the FBI's fee and the fingerprinting). I paid for two medicals for myself plus the application, the fingerprinting and the FBI background check. You'd think there would be a cap on how much I'd have to spend in complying with repetitive demands before they just give me PR status.

As I said, L.A. told Vegreville in Feb 2014 that the three children passed their examinations from Jul 2013. They were not expired then. It's only because of CIC's long processing times and delays and then new demands that cause compliant evidence to age to the point of invalidity.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Congratulations Di_vas

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 and 08-05-2014
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I received the letter at my Ontario home from the L.A. consulate dated 2 February 2015 requesting medicals for the three non-accompanying children who had their medicals back in July 2013. I am assuming this is the same letter my ex-wife called to inform me of this past Saturday. In addition to the medicals, just as was required before, I am also required to provide:

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
Civil documents: Copy of birth certificate (including names of the parents)
Any update/changes in personal/contact information

For my 19 year old son only, in addition to that:

Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
original FBI Identity History Summary Check by fingerprints
marriage certificate/divorce certificate (which he doesn't have since he's never been married)
Copy of the passport biographical data page

Noticeably absent from the June 2013 requirements are the passport size photos, which speaks to the question asked about this by sniper23.

I called the call centre for advice as this letter from 2 Feb is vastly different from the letter also from the LA consulate on 23 Jan where they said that medicals being expired shouldn't matter since they are non-accompanying, and what to do about the fact my ex-wife promised to fight me on this, especially given that my ability to live here in Canada with my wife is now in jeopardy and my ex-wife seems to hold that power over us.

The call centre agent's response was to provide me the process for which I can request an exemption to this requirement, as it is not uncommon for people to be unable to comply due to an uncooperative ex-wife with primary custody of the children who refuses to permit compliance. Important in this is that I document everything I have done to attempt compliance and all messages I have received from her refusing compliance (email, facebook, text messages, documented telephone conversations). Then I must submit a statutory declaration (there is a legal definition to this which is best handled by a lawyer) to send to Vegreville, and then the case agent will determine whether or not to waive this requirement.

My plan of action is to email my ex-wife and children all separately and make every final effort possible to fulfill the requirement before I take the final step of sending a statutory declaration, as I can imagine that one phone call won't be evidence enough. I need to show I tried as much as I could to get a favourable ruling on this, but I feel a bit more confident that it will work out in the end. It's just the hassle of having to deal with this, and the verbiage of the form letter which threatens to rule me inadmissible, that adds to the stress.

arhel

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-01-2012 and 28-09-2014
Interview........
12-09-2013
Hi everyone, just got an email today we have a scheduled landing interview at cic etobicoke on friday 27 feb. Will this mean our long wait is over? Feeling excited and nervous.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
arhel said:
Hi everyone, just got an email today we have a scheduled landing interview at cic etobicoke on friday 27 feb. Will this mean our long wait is over? Feeling excited and nervous.
Feb 27 will be the official day you become PR. Congrats on getting a landing date. Only one thing left to get. Your PR card.

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-02-2013, Re-done Sept 2014
Interview........
Decision made Mar 09, 2015
arhel said:
Congrats Arhel ! Your PR CARD IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
arhel said:
BTW. When did you get DM? I can't seem to find your post mentioning getting DM. Could you please let me know the date when you gotten DM. I need this info to update spreadsheet properly. Thanks.

Screech339

mini2404

Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
10-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2012
Med's Done....
04-12-2012 and 03-10-2014
Interview........
Decision made: February 24, 2015
LANDED..........
March 18-2015
Hi everyone:

We finally got decision made yesterday!!!!! It has been a longgggggggggg wait, but finally is over. I was so frustrated with all this process!!! I even wrote a letter last month to the Immigration Minister, maybe this helped us. My husband has a non-accompanying dependent and I this was the never-ending history.

Does anyone know how long it take for the Etobicoke to contact you?

Thanks

Minerva

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-02-2013, Re-done Sept 2014
Interview........
Decision made Mar 09, 2015
mini2404 said:
Hi everyone:

We finally got decision made yesterday!!!!! It has been a longgggggggggg wait, but finally is over. I was so frustrated with all this process!!! I even wrote a letter last month to the Immigration Minister, maybe this helped us. My husband has a non-accompanying dependent and I this was the never-ending history.

Does anyone know how long it take for the Etobicoke to contact you?

Thanks

Minerva

Congratulations!!
We are in the same situation with a non accompanying child.
The wait is ridiculous. I keep hearin that we will hear back and hen they change the time frames. First was October, then December then I was told this month and today I called and they said by may! It's so frustrating. It's already been 29 months. Everything will expire again meaning Medicals Again for the 3rd time, work permits, finger prints.

Could u please send me the contact that you wrote the letter to? I need to do something because this isn't right.
I have never been so disappointed in our system as I am right now. I always take pride in telling people I'm canadian, but this really gets me down. I don't even have the heart to tell my spouse what I heard today from the call Center.

arhel

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-01-2012 and 28-09-2014
Interview........
12-09-2013
screech339 said:
BTW. When did you get DM? I can't seem to find your post mentioning getting DM. Could you please let me know the date when you gotten DM. I need this info to update spreadsheet properly. Thanks.

Screech339
Hi screech339, i am the sponsor. My husband status online change DM yesterday 24 feb. same day we received an email stating we have a landing interview on Friday 27 feb. Isn't a short notice for the landing interview? Do we need to prepare for anything?

mini2404

Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
10-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2012
Med's Done....
04-12-2012 and 03-10-2014
Interview........
Decision made: February 24, 2015
LANDED..........
March 18-2015
Hi Nervousme:

I really understand your frustration, I was in the same boat until yesterday. They were changing my times frames, done medicals several times and always something was expiring and was the never ending history. I got really mad last month when they told me that now my second security check was expired and that they will have to do it again.

I wrote to: Minister@cic.gc.ca., Honourable Chris Alexander MP, Citizenship and Immigration Minister. Hope that helps.

Good luck!!!

Minerva

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
arhel said:
Hi screech339, i am the sponsor. My husband status online change DM yesterday 24 feb. same day we received an email stating we have a landing interview on Friday 27 feb. Isn't a short notice for the landing interview? Do we need to prepare for anything?
I know you are the sponsor. It is a rather short notice to get DM and landing letter same time.

What to bring? Two PR photos, yourself and your husband, his passport, bring your driver licence (they will want to confirm your address) and bring any of your husband visitor record, OWP and temporary sin paper/card if he has one.