15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
Hi Minerva,
It's just all so frustrating. We don't even have any dependants to delay mine. There is no logic on why anyone gets processed quickly or, like us, very slowly!
Let's hope it is all coming to an end soon for both of us.
I do fully expect to get called for a new medical at some point too.
Anna

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
this is crazy, I was a July 2012 applicant but was refused because I did not submit my background( which I sent with my app) on time. My reason for not submitting this was I just had a baby and I was not online checking my emails so I did not know about it, after being refused i wrote a letter asking them to reconsider the decision.
I explained my situation but they sent back and said once the file is closed that's it.
I send another application in July 2013 and I got my landing over a month ago.

My whole point is why are they taking so long with your app ?

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
Hello everyone! My case is still in the same stage can't get the same answer from call center twice I applied in may 2012 received AIP in October 2012 ever since then I have been contacted once in 2014 may for new medicals and since then still nothing... it is frustrating and unfortunately nobody can do anything about it. however it kinda makes me feel a little more calm that I am not the only one thank to this site I've found 9 more applicants that has applied around the same time as me and we all are waiting on DM. What I think has happened is we all got a very lazy officer to work out case who's been sitting ontop of a pile of papers as cushion under its ass....

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
hinata-223 said:
What I think has happened is we all got a very lazy officer to work out case who's been sitting on top of a pile of papers as cushion under its ass....
How lucky we are ;)
See what response I received yesterday:
Sir, Madam,
Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:
We verified the information you provided. Please note we received the medical examination for your son on February 28 2014, they are valid until March 2 2015.
The application is still in progress.
We recommend you follow up after December 24, 2014.
We hope this information is useful.
Sincerely
I still can not understand why the CIC officers gave me different and confusing information. And....I have to wait...but March is coming....in 5 months :(

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
Yes, I have got that exact email about me. Like 3 times they using a template... I still we all are getting an answer before December. I would really like to go and visit my grandmother before it's too late... and of course I want this whole process behind me as well now I am loosing patient

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
I haven`t seen my son for more 3 years and the worst thing is that CIC changed the rules in August and I can not sponsor my son anymore. Do these people know that every case is not only paper...these are human lives.... we have feelings. Do they know how they ruin our life....and health. I don think so :(

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Please note that if you son is under 18 at the time your application was submitted to CIC, he is still qualified to be sponsored otherwise not. Referred to the lock-in date.

Thanks,

POLICAP

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Di_vas said:
I haven`t seen my son for more 3 years and the worst thing is that CIC changed the rules in August and I can not sponsor my son anymore. Do these people know that every case is not only paper...these are human lives.... we have feelings. Do they know how they ruin our life....and health. I don think so :(
As mentioned above, as long as you listed your son as dependent and accompanying you, your son will get PR despite the new age 19 rule. Your son's age is locked in the moment CIC received your application.

The only concern I can see is if you listed son as non-accompanying and you land as PR without your son. Once that happens, you will then not be able to sponsor your son for PR.

Screech339

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
POLICAP said:
Please note that if you son is under 18 at the time your application was submitted to CIC, he is still qualified to be sponsored otherwise not. Referred to the lock-in date.

Thanks,

POLICAP
I know that I made big, big mistake when I applied 2012 and put my son as non-accompanying me :( My son is 20 now and we applied July/before CIC to changed the age/ my husband to sponsor him but we received a letter which says "We are not able to process your application as you are not an eligible sponsor for the individual listed on the application. According to the Immigration Regulations, sponsorship applications may only be submitted for members of the family class. members of the family class include relatives such as your father, mother, grandmother, grandfather, son, daughter, or spouse and their dependents. applications for relatives such as mother-in-law, father-in-law, step-son or step-daughter do not meet the family class criteria. Although you are not eligible, your spouse partner could be an eligible sponsor for the applicant."
Also they requested some doc: IMM1344, IMM5481, IMMp476. The last weeks we went to two immigration consultants and they said that because my son has an open file, the ones decision is to receive my landed paper as soon as possible and change the application. But....the waiting time/45 days/ is gone and tommorow I have to send the requested doc, otherwise they will refuse the case.
Do you know is it possible to..somehow extend the waiting period...with the hope that I will get my landed papers soon?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Di_vas said:
I know that I made big, big mistake when I applied 2012 and put my son as non-accompanying me :( My son is 20 now and we applied July/before CIC to changed the age/ my husband to sponsor him but we received a letter which says "We are not able to process your application as you are not an eligible sponsor for the individual listed on the application. According to the Immigration Regulations, sponsorship applications may only be submitted for members of the family class. members of the family class include relatives such as your father, mother, grandmother, grandfather, son, daughter, or spouse and their dependents. applications for relatives such as mother-in-law, father-in-law, step-son or step-daughter do not meet the family class criteria. Although you are not eligible, your spouse partner could be an eligible sponsor for the applicant."
Also they requested some doc: IMM1344, IMM5481, IMMp476. The last weeks we went to two immigration consultants and they said that because my son has an open file, the ones decision is to receive my landed paper as soon as possible and change the application. But....the waiting time/45 days/ is gone and tommorow I have to send the requested doc, otherwise they will refuse the case.
Do you know is it possible to..somehow extend the waiting period...with the hope that I will get my landed papers soon?
Is it possible to change the PR papers to update your son to accompanying you? It would mean that you would have to wait even longer so that your son can get PR with you.

I know you got DM at this stage but can you inform CiC to take back your COPR and update applications to change your son as accompanying. It is not too late. As long as you update the application to include your son for PR before landing, it's not too late.

Yes it would mean another delay in landing but at least your son can come as PR.

Screech339

mini2404

Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
10-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2012
Med's Done....
04-12-2012 and 03-10-2014
Interview........
Decision made: February 24, 2015
LANDED..........
March 18-2015
Hi all:

I have a question regarding this lock in date for the dependent. In case the dependent is listed as non-accompanying at the time of application (assuming that he is still under 18 or 19 or whatever the rules are now), can he be sponsored later on even if does not qualify anymore as a dependent (i.e. reach the age majority) just because was listed in the application?

Thanks

Minerva

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mini2404 said:
Hi all:

I have a question regarding this lock in date for the dependent. In case the dependent is listed as non-accompanying at the time of application (assuming that he is still under 18 or 19 or whatever the rules are now), can he be sponsored later on even if does not qualify anymore as a dependent (i.e. reach the age majority) just because was listed in the application?

Thanks

Minerva
The non accompany dependent would not be allowed to be sponsored at a later time if the dependent is 19 or older after the applicant has landed as PR alone without the dependent even though the dependent was originally listed in the PR application.

If the applicant want the non accompanying dependent to get PR after the dependent has reached 19, the applicant must change the application to accompanying dependent before the applicant officially lands as PR (the dependent must be under under 19 at the time CIC received the application).

Even those that submitted the application before the new 19 age rule, the non accompany dependents now 19 and over still would fall under the new rule, once the applicant lands as PR. The applicant still have to chance to bring the 19 and over dependent as PR if the applicant changed the application to accompany dependent before applicant lands as PR so that the dependent is added to the COPR.

Screech339

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
We finally landed two days ago (October 8, 2014) at CIC Calgary!
We also got SIN numbers from Service Canada downstairs on the same day :)

Our timeline:

Date application received by CIC: July 2012
Transferred to inland CIC Etobicoke: Jan 2013
Interview at CIC Etobicoke: October 2013
Transferred to CIC Calgary (moved to Calgary): November 2013
Request for documents: August 2014
AIP: August 2014
Re-request for Medicals: August 2014
DM: October 2014
Landing at CIC Calgary: October 2014

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hkalltheway said:
We finally landed two days ago (October 8, 2014) at CIC Calgary!
We also got SIN numbers from Service Canada downstairs on the same day :)

Our timeline:

Date application received by CIC: July 2012
Transferred to inland CIC Etobicoke: Jan 2013
Interview at CIC Etobicoke: October 2013
Transferred to CIC Calgary (moved to Calgary): November 2013
Request for documents: August 2014
AIP: August 2014
Re-request for Medicals: August 2014
DM: October 2014
Landing at CIC Calgary: October 2014
Congrats on finishing up your PR process. Only your PR card left to go.

I updated your status on spreadsheet.

Screech339