Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th, 2012
Med's Done....
November, 2013
screech339 said:
Congrats rachel85704 on getting your PR card. I don't have you on the timesheet so I couldn't update your status.

Len27: I have updated your status but having trouble getting it updated on Google excel. I will try again at a later time. Congrats on becoming PR of Canada.

Screech339

UPDATE: I have updated the spreadsheet.
What do you need to add me to it?

I applied July 2012, received AIP January 2013, had medicals done November 2013, received DM February 2014, landed on April 11th and got my PR card July 2nd. I am from Arizona and I landed in Saskatoon.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
rachel85704 said:
What do you need to add me to it?

I applied July 2012, received AIP January 2013, had medicals done November 2013, received DM February 2014, landed on April 11th and got my PR card July 2nd. I am from Arizona and I landed in Saskatoon.
Thanks I can add you to spreadsheet. However I need a little more specific dates for your AIP and DM dates. I need the day. The spreadsheet calculations won't work without the specific day. Also like to have AOR date as well but not important as it does not affect the day counts calculations.

Screech339

CFC123

Feb 7, 2014
rachel85704 said:
They seem to make so many seemingly avoidable mistakes.... Are you originally from the U.S.? How long is your trip supposed to be? You could take your PR form with you as proof of residency. I mean, hell, I made a trip back to the U.S. for two weeks long before I got PR status and didn't have any issues at all.
HI Rachel85704, Thank you for the suggestion!! I'm not from US. I booked hotel from Aug 8-16 for a business conference + personal trip... I was just going to confirm my US visa appointment that day, and I thought i should call immigration to confirm they are going to send out my PR card first since I've been waiting for 96 days already....

And they told me they sent it to somewhere else.... :eek: :eek: I think they just simply don't care to get it right.... :-\ :-\

stoneatlas

Jan 16, 2014
Just a final update: my wife got her PR card in the mail June 23rd. Landed Feb 26th. What a wait.

Also, we went on vacation to Japan in May without the PR card and didn't have any trouble with airlines or re-entry. Just showed the PR landing form at immigration and they had one look and said welcome back.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
stoneatlas said:
Just a final update: my wife got her PR card in the mail June 23rd. Landed Feb 26th. What a wait.

Also, we went on vacation to Japan in May without the PR card and didn't have any trouble with airlines or re-entry. Just showed the PR landing form at immigration and they had one look and said welcome back.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting.
Congrats on getting your PR card. I will have it updated momentarily. However my god, 117 days for you to get PR card. That sucks big time. Anyhoo, at least you are finally done and over with. Next would be to apply for citizenship in 4 years time.

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Len27 said:
Landing interview this morning at Calgary.
Same questions done in 15 mins.
Its been a long process but its worth the wait ;)
Hello Len27,

May I please ask you a question? When and how did you receive a letter as to the landing appointment? I have received a DM letter on or about June 27 and keep checking my mail box and email since then.. Please share your experience. Thank you!

Len27

May 8, 2011
Hi stellahello,

decision made May 30
Got my landing letter June 6. I got my landing thru mail.
Calgary office scheduled my landing July 2.
Basic questions were asked between me and my spouse like criminal, dependents etc.
Very easy landing interview and done in 15 mins.

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Len27 said:
Hi stellahello,

decision made May 30
Got my landing letter June 6. I got my landing thru mail.
Calgary office scheduled my landing July 2.
Basic questions were asked between me and my spouse like criminal, dependents etc.
Very easy landing interview and done in 15 mins.
Thank you for your reply.. It has been only two weeks since the DM letter was issued.. I can't wait for the landing letter haha.

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
We received Decision Made yesterday (after filing our application nearly 20 months ago and nearly 9 months since AIP). We are very happy. It may have been a coincidence, or not, but once we got our MP engaged on our file, we received DM within 2 weeks. Something to consider for those whose file has exceeded the estimated time.

We are now awaiting contact from the Ottawa office for a landing appointment. Anyone have any experience on wait times between Decision Made and receiving a letter from Ottawa and scheduling of landing?

Thanks for everyone's support.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Migrain said:
We received Decision Made yesterday (after filing our application nearly 20 months ago and nearly 9 months since AIP). We are very happy. It may have been a coincidence, or not, but once we got our MP engaged on our file, we received DM within 2 weeks. Something to consider for those whose file has exceeded the estimated time.

We are now awaiting contact from the Ottawa office for a landing appointment. Anyone have any experience on wait times between Decision Made and receiving a letter from Ottawa and scheduling of landing?

Thanks for everyone's support.
Congrats on getting your DM. It may appear to be a coincidence that you got DM after you contacted your MP. But I think that the involvement of the MP have some had some help in moving it along.

I will have the spreadsheet updated when I get the chance.

Screech339

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Hey guys.
Been a while since I've posted...

I got an email from CIC Calgary today regarding hubbys 2nd stage interview. In the email attached was a letter saying and I quote "your final determination has been schedualed at the above address on july 23rd from 1 to 2 pm."

It also asks for hubbys pictures and proof that we paid the pr fee.

now my question is, should we be concerned? Can they still reject applications at this time?

we are a bit nervous...

I was told in an email back in April that hubbys pr app has been approved and dm was sent directly from calgary office.

Plz advise and god bless us all

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
rifat said:
Hey guys.

I got an email from CIC Calgary today regarding hubbys 2nd stage interview. In the email attached was a letter saying and I quote "your final determination has been schedualed at the above address on july 23rd from 1 to 2 pm."

now my question is, should we be concerned? Can they still reject applications at this time?

we are a bit nervous...

I was told in an email back in April that hubbys pr app has been approved and dm was sent directly from calgary office.

That is his landing appointment. No, you shouldn't worry about it. As you stated, he was already given a positive DM. They will ask the standard 3 questions and he will sign his COPR and be done. Congratulations.

rachel85704

Jan 7, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th, 2012
Med's Done....
November, 2013
screech339 said:
Thanks I can add you to spreadsheet. However I need a little more specific dates for your AIP and DM dates. I need the day. The spreadsheet calculations won't work without the specific day. Also like to have AOR date as well but not important as it does not affect the day counts calculations.

Screech339
My AIP was on January 20th, 2013.... My first DM was on Sept. 30th 2013, which was a denial due to a mistake made on their part. On February 24th I received my approval DM. I never received an AOR. It wasn't until I got AIP that I heard anything from them at all, which was in an email sent to my husband's email address.

rachel85704

Jan 7, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th, 2012
Med's Done....
November, 2013
rifat said:
Hey guys.

we are a bit nervous...

My letter said the same thing and as rifat said, it's nothing to worry about. :) Congrats!

rachel85704

Jan 7, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th, 2012
Med's Done....
November, 2013
stellahello said:
Hello Len27,

May I please ask you a question? When and how did you receive a letter as to the landing appointment? I have received a DM letter on or about June 27 and keep checking my mail box and email since then.. Please share your experience. Thank you!
I was sent my DM via email and my landing appointment was scheduled via phone. It took about a month from when I got the email to get the phone call, so just be patient. :)