+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hello All, am a little bit confused of this question on spouse questionnaire (Q6) Were your marriage arranged? I just need a clue. i proposed to my spouse late last yr and she informed her parents and wedding preparation started immediately and they choose the day of wedding to be this summer. can this be the answer to the above questions. And the period of cohabitation, is it the day we started staying together under one roof? it says from (yr/mm/dd) to (yr/mm/dd). can i put from the day we started living together to " DATE" or leave it blank.
Thanks all

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
lounge said:
Hello All, am a little bit confused of this question on spouse questionnaire (Q6) Were your marriage arranged? I just need a clue. i proposed to my spouse late last yr and she informed her parents and wedding preparation started immediately and they choose the day of wedding to be this summer. can this be the answer to the above questions. And the period of cohabitation, is it the day we started staying together under one roof? it says from (yr/mm/dd) to (yr/mm/dd). can i put from the day we started living together to " DATE" or leave it blank.
Thanks all
No your marriage was not arranged. An arranged marriage is one wherein the parents of both parties decide who/when you will marry and make it so. You don't get to choose as you did.

The period of cohabitation is the date you began to live together in a marriage like relationship and you can use the date you sign the application as the 'to' date.

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
So 8 months less a day since AIP and we get an email from CIC requesting 2 documents: one that was included in original package 19 months ago and one that was received by them 5 weeks ago (and modified in ECAS). So I called CIC and they said re-send docs and include covering letter that indicates they already have what they need. Seems ironic that they wait the day before the 8 month average for DM to request what they already have. The good news according to the agent is that background checks are completed but only need the requested docs (which they already have) to issue DM. So another 2-3 weeks wait. oh boy!

Another piece of news gleaned from telecon with CIC is that supposedly the current delays in issuing PR cards (now up to 94 days) will be shortened to approx. 30 day processing time given that earlier computer glitch has been rectified.

Falzo17

Mar 11, 2014
Migrain said:
So 8 months less a day since AIP and we get an email from CIC requesting 2 documents: one that was included in original package 19 months ago and one that was received by them 5 weeks ago (and modified in ECAS). So I called CIC and they said re-send docs and include covering letter that indicates they already have what they need. Seems ironic that they wait the day before the 8 month average for DM to request what they already have. The good news according to the agent is that background checks are completed but only need the requested docs (which they already have) to issue DM. So another 2-3 weeks wait. oh boy!

Another piece of news gleaned from telecon with CIC is that supposedly the current delays in issuing PR cards (now up to 94 days) will be shortened to approx. 30 day processing time given that earlier computer glitch has been rectified.
Woww that sucks they waited that long to request those papers! If you don't mind me asking what papers did they ask again?

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Falzo17 said:
Woww that sucks they waited that long to request those papers! If you don't mind me asking what papers did they ask again?
yes, very disappointing.

in first case, wanted divorce decree from previous common law relationship. Since not married, there is no divorce decree. duh

Second request was copy of new passport. Was sent May 7 and received May 16 with change entered in ECAS.

Although they already have this info, we still had to provide the docs again with covering letter explaining the situation.

hopefully the end of this journey is getting closer.

Falzo17

Mar 11, 2014
Migrain said:
yes, very disappointing.

in first case, wanted divorce decree from previous common law relationship. Since not married, there is no divorce decree. duh

Second request was copy of new passport. Was sent May 7 and received May 16 with change entered in ECAS.

Although they already have this info, we still had to provide the docs again with covering letter explaining the situation.

hopefully the end of this journey is getting closer.
Ya I understand your frustration! Hopefully within weeks now that they only need that from you!

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
PR CARD HAS ARRIVED AT 106 days!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Victorswife said:
Congrats on getting your PR card. I have updated your status.

Screech339

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Hello Fellow 2012 applicants! finally after months of waiting i got the dm last week. june 18! i just didnt have time to come back and give my report here since im too busy with my work and my little girl.... Thank you all for the support and encouragements. ill land in Edmonton,so i think i have to wait for a month before ill get my landing date. :) Goodluck to all! Pray and be patient.... i know, its so hard but that's the key. :)....... MAGTIWALA SA KANYA!!! :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
weary-damsil31 said:
Hello Fellow 2012 applicants! finally after months of waiting i got the dm last week. june 18! i just didnt have time to come back and give my report here since im too busy with my work and my little girl.... Thank you all for the support and encouragements. ill land in Edmonton,so i think i have to wait for a month before ill get my landing date. :) Goodluck to all! Pray and be patient.... i know, its so hard but that's the key. :)....... MAGTIWALA SA KANYA!!! :)
Congrats on getting your DM. Could you provide me the actual date you received your DM please? I would like to update timesheet accordingly.

Screech339

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hello all, for spouse/common law questionnaire(Inland), if answer to question is "no" , does that mean the column to fill in information be left blank or i will still have to put "N/A". This is what i mean: Question (9) Were u previously married or in common law relationship, i check "no", all other column in question(9) be left blank or "N/A" . Any info regarding this will be appreciated.
Thanks

CFC123

Feb 7, 2014
Victorswife said:
Congratulations!!!!! Finally done!!!

I'm still waiting..... Landed on March 26.... (absolutely speachless......)

I missed many things because of this whole unbelivable process......

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
Hi all,

I received my PR card in the mail last night... So glad since I was planning a trip this weekend to the States.

I would like to thank everyone for their very helpful and positive input to a seemingly ridiculous process. I want to wish everyone the best of luck with their applications!

I hope to bump into some of you again in 2 year's time when I plan to apply for citizenship.

I'll be lurking here from time to time to see how you all are doing.

Imo.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
imonec said:
Hi all,

I received my PR card in the mail last night... So glad since I was planning a trip this weekend to the States.

I would like to thank everyone for their very helpful and positive input to a seemingly ridiculous process. I want to wish everyone the best of luck with their applications!

I hope to bump into some of you again in 2 year's time when I plan to apply for citizenship.

I'll be lurking here from time to time to see how you all are doing.

Imo.
Congrats on getting your PR card.

As for citizenship, i'm afraid that you will have to wait longer to qualify once the new law come into effect next year. You won't be able to claim your stay in Canada before PR towards qualification and you would have to wait 4 years after you land as PR, (4 out of 6 year). So you will be looking at 2018 at the earliest.

You as well as every PR will not be grandfathered under the old canadian citizenship qualifications just because you landed before the new citizenship law came into effect or because the agent said you can apply for citizenship in 2 years at landing.

My wife would as of now qualify in jan 2015. But once the new law go into effect next year, my wife can't qualify until july 2017 now under the 4 year/6 year requirement.