Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Congratulations! It's ooooooooooover now!

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
QuebecOkie said:
Congratulations! It's ooooooooooover now!
OMG what a BIG relief!!!
Thank you!!

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Congrats Jolly1! Please let us know when you get PR card.

Next week we'll be approaching 8 months since our AIP so hoping for good news soon.

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
Migrain said:

Next week we'll be approaching 8 months since our AIP so hoping for good news soon.
Thank you! I will!!
Your good news is coming soon.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
Migrain said:

migrain I still cant believe that you have not received Dm yet your wife and I are from the same country and I got mine last week on the 11th. It should not take that long especially with no red flags.

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
folks-g said:
migrain I still cant believe that you have not received Dm yet your wife and I are from the same country and I got mine last week on the 11th. It should not take that long especially with no red flags.
thanks folks-g.

I've been racking my brain for months now trying to figure out what the problem is. There are no red flags. All documents and fees paid up front. We have left Canada on several occasions during the process but never denied entry. Wife has study permit and work permit so impled status. I received GMCS notes a couple of months ago and no issues.

On June 18 i will call CIC once again. If inadequate explanation, I'll be contacting my MP.

Thanks for your concern.

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
So as we all know nothing goes as smoothly. So I'll share my story. When I receive my AIP back in September I didn't apply for a health card.
So I landed in Ottawa on 10 and decided yesterday I would go get SIN and health card. Went to service Ontario for health I was told I still have to wait the 3 months residence period. ( even if that residence was already meet because I had a work permit since October)
Ok that's fine I'll wait...
Went to service Canada for social, waited 1 hr and a half to see a rep. And was told that I have to wait until I get my PR card!!! Because u landed in the country I don't have to visa needed to process the SIN!!!
I'm suppose to be starting a job aug 5, my work permit expires in July(it was only issued for the validity of my PP)
I really don't know what to do. I won't get my card untill some time in September or early October!!
I called immigration there's nothing they can do!
Grrrr any ideas guys??

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jolly1 said:
So as we all know nothing goes as smoothly. So I'll share my story. When I receive my AIP back in September I didn't apply for a health card.
So I landed in Ottawa on 10 and decided yesterday I would go get SIN and health card. Went to service Ontario for health I was told I still have to wait the 3 months residence period. ( even if that residence was already meet because I had a work permit since October)
Went to service Canada for social, waited 1 hr and a half to see a rep. And was told that I have to wait until I get my PR card!!! Because u landed in the country I don't have to visa needed to process the SIN!!!
I'm suppose to be starting a job aug 5, my work permit expires in July(it was only issued for the validity of my PP)
I really don't know what to do. I won't get my card untill some time in September or early October!!
Grrrr any ideas guys??
Unfortunately for you regarding applying for SIN, inland applicants don't get the benefits of getting permanent SIN after landing like "outland" gets. Unless you happen to land at an office that has a SIN processing booth on location. Since you had a OWP, couldn't you use your temporary SIN until you get your Permanent one.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Jolly1 said:
Grrrr any ideas guys??
Yep, just use the SIN your were given temporarily when you got your work permit. Once you have your PR card, then go and get a permanent SIN. You can then inform your employer to change your SIN to your new permanent number and CRA will 'weave' these two together for you so you only need to use the permanent one when you file taxes next year.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Alurra71 said:
Yep, just use the SIN your were given temporarily when you got your work permit. Once you have your PR card, then go and get a permanent SIN. You can then inform your employer to change your SIN to your new permanent number and CRA will 'weave' these two together for you so you only need to use the permanent one when you file taxes next year.
Don't forget to update the SIN with your banks and brokers as well. Not doing so doesn't cause a problem for CRA but it will cause you problems in the future should you attempt to transfer accounts from one institution to another.

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
Thanks guys!! The waiting never ends eh?? My only issue with my SIN is that it expires before I start the new job. It's expires July 20 and I'm starting the job in Aug. Can I still use it?

@computergeek, thanks for the bank information.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jolly1 said:
Thanks guys!! The waiting never ends eh?? My only issue with my SIN is that it expires before I start the new job. It's expires July 20 and I'm starting the job in Aug. Can I still use it?

@ computergeek, thanks for the bank information.
That's the tricky part. Will the employer be willing to accept an temporary SIN with an expired date assigned. That I can't say.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unfortunately you will need PR card for SIN

Permanent residents

You must provide one of the following primary documents:

Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This is the only acceptable document if your claim was processed in Canada.

Confirmation of Permanent Residence AND visa counterfoil affixed to a foreign passport or a travel document

Confirmation of Permanent Residence AND foreign passport for visa exempt countries

Record of Landing issued before June 28, 2002.

Verification of landing. This document is provided when an original of the Record of Landing or the Confirmation of Permanent Residence is not available (i.e. lost, misplaced, etc.).

Status Verification, also known as "Verification of Status", is considered an acceptable document to support the client's status in Canada when applying for a confirmation of SIN or updating the SIN record.

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
Hello everyone! There has been some progress in my case they finally got my security checks but I was asked to do a new medical since it expired like a year ago... I did the new physical and it was sent to them on monday I am just wondering if anyone knows how long does it take for them to process the medicals? I can not find any kind of information on that. And how long did it take for you guys to receive DM after you have sent in your medicals? I would appreciate any kind of answer thanks a lot :)