20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Annabell said:
I didn't expect special treatment over others and never would. None of the experiences on here are logical, fair or consistent. I asked as it was only 5 days before I hit the 8 month wait for DM, 18 months into this. Not a huge amount in terms of the wait so far and had they actually done something then or on Monday at the 8 month mark I could still have made the funeral. And to be honest I imagine all outstanding 2012 applicants are feeling just as fed up as I am. I see 2013 applicants getting DM and am expecting to see 2014 applicants also getting DM before me now this has delayed me again. It's difficult to stay positive.

It's the fact they won't guarantee return that I'm not risking leaving at this stage. I asked if death certificate, travel docs before I return, etc would help and it was a no. They told me the policy is to not guarantee return and that each CBSA agent will judge individual cases themselves at the port of entry and nobody is guaranteed it no matter how long or whatever the reason is they were gone for. It's the same thing I've been told at a different time as I asked CBSA too. I worked for the government in the UK and have no criminal record at all as I held enhanced disclosure over there, so it's not that I'm going to be stopped for that.

Migrain, I really hope it's not the same thing for you. You can always ask if they could re-request it, I can't see how it would harm anything. And good luck for your DM in a few weeks.
I do agree that there got to be some exceptions for inland applicants like death in the immediate family. Not for situations like "I need to go to somebody's wedding". CIC need to show some compassion for that situation but unfortunately CIC will not take a chance in setting a new precedent. Other applicants will then start to argue that their situation warrants an exception as well. Then CIC will get caught in the battle of picking and choosing. So to save themselves the headache and trouble, no one will get an exception to the rule.

One other thing to keep in mind also. CIC and CSBA are two different groups. CIC basically does the job of issuing visas and PR papers. CBSA's job is to monitor the border and determine who gets in based on visas and PRs given by CIC. So CIC has no control over how CBSA conduct their job any more than CBSA to tell CIC to do theirs.

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Annabell said:
Migrain, I really hope it's not the same thing for you. You can always ask if they could re-request it, I can't see how it would harm anything. And good luck for your DM in a few weeks.
Thanks Annabell. Will keep you posted.

This process can be very inhumane, especially when someone risks re-entry to attend funeral of family members.

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
screech339 said:
The problem with applying for study visa now especially when he is at DM stage is that he will have to pay international tuition fees not domestic tuition fees. Once he gets PR, he can take courses at domestic fees.

Thanks screech... How long do you think that'll take to come through? He's scheduled to start in September this heat

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mimi263 said:
Thanks screech... How long do you think that'll take to come through? He's scheduled to start in September this heat
Well Etobicoke at first used to be very long and drawn out. Took us 11.5 weeks to land after DM. The more recent landings Etobicoke has been sending out landing notices within a couple of weeks of DM. Nowadays, haven't heard anyone lately that they have been getting landing notice from Etobicoke yet. Either the members haven't given feedbacks or are still waiting.

Right now it is anyone's guess how long it takes to land at Etobicoke office after DM lately.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Migrain said:
Congrats Jolly1. Please let us now how landing goes since that will be our location once we ever get DM (18.5 months and counting since app filed).
what is the meaning of inalnd and outland please?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
2cookies said:
what is the meaning of inalnd and outland please?
Inland = PR spousal sponsorship processed applicants living within Canada.

Outland = PR spousal sponsorship processed for applicants living outside Canada.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
screech339 said:

Outland = PR spousal sponsorship processed for applicants living outside Canada.
say husband in Canada and wife overseas....who is the applicant?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
screech339 said:

I would respectfully disagree with this description.

Inland is only an option for an applicant living with their spouse in Canada. Note that being in Canada is not sufficient - you really have to be living together (and we've seen at least one refusal of an Inland application on this grounds). The primary benefit for Inland is that the applicant does not need to have legal status in Canada.

Outland is an option regardless of the physical location of the applicant. The application is processed outside Canada (for example, applicants with legal status in the US are processed in Ottawa, which is a visa office outside Canada). An Outland applicant may be in Canada temporarily, but must maintain legal status.

You can always apply Outland - that's the general case. You may only apply Inland if you are eligible. One of the points of AIP is that the applicant is granted an exception to the normal rule that they must apply for PR from outside Canada.

When I applied, I had the option of either one (Inland or Outland) because I was living in Canada with my spouse (on a work permit). I chose Outland because it looked to be faster. By the time I received PR I concluded that it would have been the same processing time.

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
computergeek said:
I would respectfully disagree with this description.

Inland is only an option for an applicant living with their spouse in Canada. Note that being in Canada is not sufficient - you really have to be living together (and we've seen at least one refusal of an Inland application on this grounds). The primary benefit for Inland is that the applicant does not need to have legal status in Canada.

Outland is an option regardless of the physical location of the applicant. The application is processed outside Canada (for example, applicants with legal status in the US are processed in Ottawa, which is a visa office outside Canada). An Outland applicant may be in Canada temporarily, but must maintain legal status.

You can always apply Outland - that's the general case. You may only apply Inland if you are eligible. One of the points of AIP is that the applicant is granted an exception to the normal rule that they must apply for PR from outside Canada.

When I applied, I had the option of either one (Inland or Outland) because I was living in Canada with my spouse (on a work permit). I chose Outland because it looked to be faster. By the time I received PR I concluded that it would have been the same processing time.
Computergeek: The case you're referring to that was refused, what were the details surrounding it? The information on the CIC website is very vague in what time away is allowed for spouses.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
mimi263 said:
Computergeek: The case you're referring to that was refused, what were the details surrounding it? The information on the CIC website is very vague in what time away is allowed for spouses.
thanks guys for confusing me :-\

anyone else have a genuine answer for me?!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
2cookies said:
thanks guys for confusing me :-\

anyone else have a genuine answer for me?!
The applicant is the person who needs the PR visa. The sponsor is the Canadian citizen or PR that is sponsoring a spouse. It matters not where you live the roles NEVER change. It is good to note that a PR can NOT sponsor a spouse if the PR is living outside of Canada. As a PR you must live in Canada while sponsoring your spouse.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mimi263 said:
In the specific case, the husband and wife were both living in Canada, albeit in different cities. That does not meet the statutory requirement they be living together. A vacation - even an extended 4-6 week vacation - wouldn't be an issue.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Alurra71 said:
The applicant is the person who needs the PR visa. The sponsor is the Canadian citizen or PR that is sponsoring a spouse. It matters not where you live the roles NEVER change. It is good to note that a PR can NOT sponsor a spouse if the PR is living outside of Canada. As a PR you must live in Canada while sponsoring your spouse.
thank you sound good

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to Jolly1 on landing today and becoming PR.

Screech339

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
screech339 said:
Congrats to Jolly1 on landing today and becoming PR.

Screech339
Thank you screech.
I had my apt yesterday at 2 pm. Got there late, like 2:10. There was about 30 other people also waiting. I don't know how they do the names or if the times the other individuals had to be there differ. But we were called about 15 mins or so of waiting.
The officer was very pleasant. She asked for: passport, proof of payment,pictures and proof of address for us both. We gave the docs requested and then she asked my hubby is he is aware the undertaking is for thee years and if he was okay with that. He said yes and then she asked me four question: 1. If I was ever asked to leave Canada, 2. If I was ever denied entry into Canada 3. If I ever committed a crime in Canada 4. If I have any dependant outside if Canada that is not listed on my application.
She gave me a paper and asked to check the information on it and sign if it was correct.
Then said congratulation you are now a pr of Canada.
That was it. I asked about my social and health card she said I could use the paper I had along with id to get them. The Catherine street location doesn't have a place to do it.
She told me I would get the card in 6-8 weeks could none more could be less and I couldn't use the paper given to travel.
It honestly took like 25 mins all together including waiting.
Now on to waiting for my pr card.
Guys thank you doesn't even convey how totally grateful I am.
You guys have made this laborious tedious process bearable.
Thank you for all the support!!!!!