17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
computergeek said:
Have you contacted the CIC office directly? Going through the call centre is not terribly effective although it's much easier (since you can CALL them). The CIC office can only be contacted in writing (mail or fax) but in the past people who have contacted their local office in this fashion seem to have had better luck/success moving.

Otherwise, you always have the option of going to Federal Court and asking for Mandamus (basically a court order to CIC saying "get off your ass and hurry it up".) Usually the filing of a Mandamus action makes the problem go away because CIC doesn't like explaining to the judge why they aren't doing their job in a timely fashion. This is an expensive option, though, since it really is best done with an attorney.
Thank you for the advice, Computergeek! But how I can contact with the CIC office directly? I know for the Court option but...Why I can not receive documents in time as other people and things should be so complicated...if there is no problems with my case.
mimi263, congratulations for DM and I wish you faster landed date from Etobicoke office....not like me and another applicants.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Di_vas said:
Thank you for the advice, Computergeek! But how I can contact with the CIC office directly? I know for the Court option but...Why I can not receive documents in time as other people and things should be so complicated...if there is no problems with my case.
mimi263, congratulations for DM and I wish you faster landed date from Etobicoke office....not like me and another applicants.
The information for all local offices is on the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

In cases where it is unclear, it's best to ask in the forum (e.g., Vancouver has three offices, but only Expo Blvd handles landing appointments). For Etobicoke:

5343 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
Toronto, ON
M9B 6K5

Feb 24, 2014
Hi everyone, I have landed yesterday at Etobicoke office. The place was swarming with people and I waited at least an hour and half to get everything done. The agent asked me more than just 3 questions though. I overheard she asked the rest of the couples more than 3 questions too. Some of my questions are when you first arrived? or which airport you arrived? When did you get married? So be prepared.

They no longer print SIN cards and gave me a piece of paper with the SIN number. They expect everyone to memorize the numbers and keep the paper safe.

They did not take my official documents and return them to me.

I have filed this application since Jan 2012 and on 3rd July 2013 they gave me my AIP and OWP. On Feb 24th 2014, they gave me a DM and on 2nd June 2014, I have landed. Screech339 you can add my case on your spreadsheet if you want to. Thank you.

Now I am going to leave here before my PR card arrives and my spouse will bring me my PR card to me months later.

This whole ordeal is really..............a long wait. Our lives are put on hold. Am glad that its almost 95% done ( only left the PR card)..

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
Hey guys, I am landing in Ottawa on June 10 and my hubby and I are moving to TO on July 1st. Do you guys suggest leaving out old address an just have our mails forwarded ode should we update to out toronto address?

You guys have been such big help, do you guys have any job suggestions for TO??
I'm ready to start a normal life...
Thank u!!

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
Congrats to every one who have had good news from
CIC, I know this can be exciting!!
To those still waiting my thoughts an prayers are with u all.
Your time is coming soon!!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Jolly1 said:
Hey guys, I am landing in Ottawa on June 10 and my hubby and I are moving to TO on July 1st. Do you guys suggest leaving out old address an just have our mails forwarded ode should we update to out toronto address?

Thank u!!
Not sure if they will forward your PR card, Jolly. Make sure to ask them when you land, because if they don't you will want to make sure they have a correct address on file once you have completed your move.

Good luck!

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
computergeek said:
The information for all local offices is on the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

In cases where it is unclear, it's best to ask in the forum (e.g., Vancouver has three offices, but only Expo Blvd handles landing appointments). For Etobicoke:

5343 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
Toronto, ON
M9B 6K5
Tnank you very much, computergeek!
Congr curiouslittledog! I hope you celebrated the event yesterday after a long, long waiting. Have fun with your family and friends back home!

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
Here's an update as my stage 2 was 8 months processing time yesterday...

I called CIC as I have regularly done throughout so nothing slips through the net and I was told they are still waiting for my background check from the UK. So I asked (again) how long this may take as it's all they have said they needed for the last 8 months. The answer after 15 minutes on hold was ... Oh well we have reapplied for it as it never came. We can't give you a timeline, nor will we tell you when we reapplied and no agent will even look at your case until we have this!!

Apparently there's no point asking my MP to intervene again either as he will get the same reply as I did but I strongly suspect it was reapplied for yesterday while I was on hold.

I cannot describe how annoyed and upset I am right now! :mad:

Please ask them to check or reapply if this is all anyone else is waiting for. And any help on anything I can now do to speed this up is welcome. Trust me to be in Calgary with the huge waiting time for landing too once I get this!

PS I called last Wednesday too to see if they would bump my decision as my grandmother just died. They refused to even take my name or look at my case. Told me i can fly to the UK but they won't guarantee my re-entry (the usual patronizing line). So I'm missing her funeral tomorrow. Thanks CIC.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Annabell said:
PS I called last Wednesday too to see if they would bump my decision as my grandmother just died. They refused to even take my name or look at my case. Told me i can fly to the UK but they won't guarantee my re-entry (the usual patronizing line). So I'm missing her funeral tomorrow. Thanks CIC.
CBSA's policy is to permit you to re-enter the country after a brief absence when you have an active inland application provided there is no other issue. If you were to run into criminal trouble while outside Canada you could be refused, but I've never heard of anyone being refused entry without reason. Note that an actual refusal to permit you back into the country (which would be due to a determination you are inadmissible) is actually something you can challenge (in Federal Court). To avoid this, CBSA normally asks the inadmissible person to "change their mind" - you literally sign a form saying you decided you didn't want to enter Canada after all. That can't be appealed, since you weren't refused.

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Jolly1 said:

Thank u!!
Congrats Jolly1. Please let us now how landing goes since that will be our location once we ever get DM (18.5 months and counting since app filed).

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Annabell said:

I called CIC as I have regularly done throughout so nothing slips through the net and I was told they are still waiting for my background check from the UK. So I asked (again) how long this may take as it's all they have said they needed for the last 8 months. The answer after 15 minutes on hold was ... Oh well we have reapplied for it as it never came. We can't give you a timeline, nor will we tell you when we reapplied and no agent will even look at your case until we have this!!

Apparently there's no point asking my MP to intervene again either as he will get the same reply as I did but I strongly suspect it was reapplied for yesterday while I was on hold.

Please ask them to check or reapply if this is all anyone else is waiting for. And any help on anything I can now do to speed this up is welcome. Trust me to be in Calgary with the huge waiting time for landing too once I get this!

Sorry Annabell to hear of your predicament.

Our timeline is very similar to yours (just two weeks later). The past two times I called CIC (within the last 3 months) they said they are awaiting the background check. I fear that our delay is similar to yours.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Annabell said:

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Also sorry about your passing of your grandmother.

That said, you can't expect CIC to give you special treatment over all others in the same predicament. It all goes back to the same arguments made about the 2 options of inland or outland. So rightfully CIC tells everyone who wants to leave during inland PR processing, you are free to leave Canada, no one is stopping you. But take your chances in being able to come back.

CIC will never set a new precedent by giving you exception to the rule nor will they give one to anyone.

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Thank you everyone for your support.... We're wondering, we were preparing to apply for a study permit for my husband. He's taking a program that's 7 months long, now with DM do you guys think we should go ahead or wait for the Etobicoke office to send us our letter to come in? Also, what should we prepare for? Will we be asked questions about our relationship? Thanks so much for all your insights and positivity :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mimi263 said:
Thank you everyone for your support.... We're wondering, we were preparing to apply for a study permit for my husband. He's taking a program that's 7 months long, now with DM do you guys think we should go ahead or wait for the Etobicoke office to send us our letter to come in? Also, what should we prepare for? Will we be asked questions about our relationship? Thanks so much for all your insights and positivity :)
The problem with applying for study visa now especially when he is at DM stage is that he will have to pay international tuition fees not domestic tuition fees. Once he gets PR, he can take courses at domestic fees.

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
I didn't expect special treatment over others and never would. None of the experiences on here are logical, fair or consistent. I asked as it was only 5 days before I hit the 8 month wait for DM, 18 months into this. Not a huge amount in terms of the wait so far and had they actually done something then or on Monday at the 8 month mark I could still have made the funeral. And to be honest I imagine all outstanding 2012 applicants are feeling just as fed up as I am. I see 2013 applicants getting DM and am expecting to see 2014 applicants also getting DM before me now this has delayed me again. It's difficult to stay positive.

It's the fact they won't guarantee return that I'm not risking leaving at this stage. I asked if death certificate, travel docs before I return, etc would help and it was a no. They told me the policy is to not guarantee return and that each CBSA agent will judge individual cases themselves at the port of entry and nobody is guaranteed it no matter how long or whatever the reason is they were gone for. It's the same thing I've been told at a different time as I asked CBSA too. I worked for the government in the UK and have no criminal record at all as I held enhanced disclosure over there, so it's not that I'm going to be stopped for that.

Migrain, I really hope it's not the same thing for you. You can always ask if they could re-request it, I can't see how it would harm anything. And good luck for your DM in a few weeks.