+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

anabanana1983

Mar 25, 2013
Hi everyone,

So we are facing a situation here.
I applied for my husband inland in December 2012. Both my sponsorship and his application were approved and we were waiting for the local office for his landing date.
They unfortunately called our home on January 8th and left a message on our voicemail (which we never check), stating that his medicals are expiring in january 14th and we need to come on ASAP. But we received that voicemail on January 20th. :S They never sent us anything through snail mail, which was what we were waiting for.
So I immediately called the agent at Vancouver office telling him that we received the message late. He said that my husband needs to redo his medicals.
So I asked what I need to do at this point and he said I should call CIC call centre and ask them to request Vegreville Visa office to email us a medical form to redo the medicals. I did that, but the agent at the call centre told me that such a procedure does not exist and instead he advised the local office to send us the form. I called the agent at the local office again and he said that they don't have any kind of forms, since that's not part of their job and their job is just landing people at the local office.
So this morning I called the call centre again and explained the situation and now the agent is telling me that they don't have any kind of forms on their end either and we just need to wait for the assigned officer at Vegreville to contact us and send the form.

Now my question is, will the local office ever notify the assigned officer at Vegreville that the medicals are expired and he needs to do them again?
Should I wait until we receive something from the visa office or should we be proactive and redo his medicals at the same office which we did last year? The receptionist at the doctor's office is telling me that because of the type of visa we're applying for, technically, no form is needed since they have the eMedical system but she recommends that I wait a few weeks to see if I hear anything from Vegreville.

We are so confused and frustrated since we waited this long and we missed the landing date but just a week.

Any kind of advise is appreciated.

thanks

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Hi everyone :)

Wow this has been a long road for us. But finally we are close to home. We expect the letter about the date of our interview in about a week (at least that was what an agent told us)

Anyway......Im so nervous to forget something. So I just want to make extra sure what to bring to the interview.

- My passport
- 2 photos?
- A print of the email that said Decision made.
- Proof of payment of the 490 $

Should my husband bring his Birth cert? Photo ID? THe email when he got approved to become a sponsor?

Oh Please my dear friends in this forum......cant you please write a correct list of everything we need to bring for the landing interview?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
Hi everyone :)

Wow this has been a long road for us. But finally we are close to home. We expect the letter about the date of our interview in about a week (at least that was what an agent told us)

Anyway......Im so nervous to forget something. So I just want to make extra sure what to bring to the interview.

- My passport
- 2 photos?
- A print of the email that said Decision made.
- Proof of payment of the 490 $

Should my husband bring his Birth cert? Photo ID? THe email when he got approved to become a sponsor?

Oh Please my dear friends in this forum......cant you please write a correct list of everything we need to bring for the landing interview?
Bring along any CIC documents if you have it. For example visitor record.

Your husband need to have photo id with him so a driver licence will suffice. CIC will want to confirm that he is your sponsor and also verify mailing address if needed.

And yes 2 photos. Make sure they are PR photos. Not passport photos or citizenship photos. Different size requirements from PR photos.

You don't need to bring your DM letter. Bring your landing letter when you get it. That will prove you have an appointment to attend.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
anabanana1983 said:
Hi everyone,

So we are facing a situation here.
I applied for my husband inland in December 2012. Both my sponsorship and his application were approved and we were waiting for the local office for his landing date.
They unfortunately called our home on January 8th and left a message on our voicemail (which we never check), stating that his medicals are expiring in january 14th and we need to come on ASAP. But we received that voicemail on January 20th. :S They never sent us anything through snail mail, which was what we were waiting for.
So I immediately called the agent at Vancouver office telling him that we received the message late. He said that my husband needs to redo his medicals.
So I asked what I need to do at this point and he said I should call CIC call centre and ask them to request Vegreville Visa office to email us a medical form to redo the medicals. I did that, but the agent at the call centre told me that such a procedure does not exist and instead he advised the local office to send us the form. I called the agent at the local office again and he said that they don't have any kind of forms, since that's not part of their job and their job is just landing people at the local office.
So this morning I called the call centre again and explained the situation and now the agent is telling me that they don't have any kind of forms on their end either and we just need to wait for the assigned officer at Vegreville to contact us and send the form.

Now my question is, will the local office ever notify the assigned officer at Vegreville that the medicals are expired and he needs to do them again?
Should I wait until we receive something from the visa office or should we be proactive and redo his medicals at the same office which we did last year? The receptionist at the doctor's office is telling me that because of the type of visa we're applying for, technically, no form is needed since they have the eMedical system but she recommends that I wait a few weeks to see if I hear anything from Vegreville.

We are so confused and frustrated since we waited this long and we missed the landing date but just a week.

Any kind of advise is appreciated.

thanks
Sorry for the headache you guys are having. Not sure what to tell you only to try calling back letting them know if your situation until you get an affirmative answer on how to resolve this medical redo requirement. You need to let them know that you are not abandoning the sponsorship.

I had a case posted a long while ago that a person has gotten DM before sending in police/medical done. This person thought it was a positive decision. As it turned out it was a negative decision and CIC has been sending correspondence to their old mailing address. Since CIC never heard from them after the deadline was reached, they assumed the sponsorship plan was dropped.

So you need to keep calling CIC so that they can see that you have no intention of abandoning the process and they are sending it to wrong address / phone number.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Congrats DaleandMonica!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy to read you're nearing the end of the long road. Have nothing to add to what Screech said except for RELAX! The landing is *almost* anticlimactic after the long wait. It's a very simple, quick interview once you're in front of the agent.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
A new Deere? Oh now I'm excited for you lol

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
somewhatstressed said:
And finally, my card arrived!!!! Woot woot.

Now I can go down and pick my new tractor from Idaho!!
Congrats on getting your PR card.

Hope you won't have to pay any duty on your new tractor coming into Canada.

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hello everyone,

My hubby received his PR card today: the final piece of the puzzle. Thanks for all your guidance and support!

Nessasary.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Nessasary said:
Hello everyone,

My hubby received his PR card today: the final piece of the puzzle. Thanks for all your guidance and support!

Nessasary.
Congrats! Your waiting game is completely over!! ;D ;D
According to the timesheet, your hubby landed on 22nd November. Is it right? I landed after 6 days of his landing. So, I expect my PR card comes next week!

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
Just wondering does anyone know if I can apply for SIN or Alberta Health with my COPR anywhere in Calgary and has anyone done it before?. Thanks in advance

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
Aakpawan you can get your SIN at any Service Canada centre and I've got Alberta Health as my husband's dependant but you should be able to get your own at any Registries venue I got a driving license there too. All in Calgary.
Wish I had DM too! :(

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
canadianthrower said:
So I called CIC to see what was going on with my landing letter. I had been told before that I would receive it by the end of 2013. Which that didn't happen. The CIC agent told me that it had never been pushed through to Calgary and was still in Vegreville. So she sent through a request to push it through and tells me it could be 3 months or more before Vegreville responds. And then tells me it could be 3-5 months before I actually receive the letter because of them "losing" me in the system and not pushing it through when I got DM. The ineptitude drives me crazy! Trying to travel back to the states in July...19 months after my application was initially received. Now, it will be a close call, if CIC doesn't screw something else up.

So anyone who is still waiting on their landing letter, give CIC a call. They may have "lost" you too and need a push to resolve the issue.
We got tired of waiting for landing interview too, after three months waiting no landing letter.
My wife went to the immigration office and spoke to someone there and the immigration officer phoned her two hours later to set up a landing appointment. She told us when we went for the landing appointment Vegreville never requested the landing interview at the local office after DM was made. I think she was responsible for setting up the interview but was just really slow.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Nessasary said:
Hello everyone,

Nessasary.
Congrats on getting your PR card. I have updated your status on timesheets.

Screech339