Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Hash safi said:
Hello everyone

I need some help plz. Just wanted to know who much time it will take when the e-case says In process to decision made?
here is my timeline:

1-Application for permanent residence recieved Oct 29-2012
2-We started processing your applicaiton on Oct-30-2013
3-Medical results have been recieved.does not show date , but I think the added this line on Nov 23-2013.

so how long more to DM and landing? I have wife back home , worried about her coz till i dont sign landed paper her application will not process. any help is highly appreciated.
thanks
HS
[/quote

Hi there, We had a very similar timeline to you. We were requested to redo our medicals and it was updated online shortly after in Sept. We received DM today.. so it was about 3.5 months since we saw the Medical results received online until now getting DM email. Hope that helps, God Speed.

Doe123

Apr 15, 2013
Victorswife said:
WOHOO!!! WE JUST GOT OUR DECISION MADE EMAIL!!!!! WHAT'S THE LATEST PROCESSING TIME FOR VANCOUVER OFFICE TO CONTACT US?????
Most applicants have been told 6 months! But we're fast approaching that with no word from the Vancouver office. And somebody else was even told to wait 3 additional months following that wait.

:eek:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Happyday said:
Congratulations to all those who got good news from CIC! ;D

I was just wondering if someone can help me.

Right before I got married, I was out-of status. I was about to file sponsorship immigration so I didn't bother to extend or do anything about my status (I know. I was Stupid).

Anyways, after that, thank God, I filed sponsorship.
I got AIP approval and I got work permit via mail. Finally.
but my work permit says
application for Permanent Resident status has received initial approval.
this does not confer temporary resident status.

What is this mean?
If this paper doesn't confer my status, then what status am I in?

I'm just little confused :(

Let me know if someone can help me with this.

==============================
Application sent on June29 2012
AOR email received Oct 2012
AIP: Sep 2013
OWP: Dec 2013
DM: not yet
PR: soon
I think what it means that since you got your OWP, you are now under open work permit status. But it also means that just because you gotten your OWP, it doesn't validate your previous "out-of-status'. It is technical mumbo jumbo legal wording that they still don't recognized your "out of status" stage before your now "legal" OWP status.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to Victorswife on your DM. I know I said it before but this time I have your DM updated on timesheets.

Screech339

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
Hi Guys - just wanted to let you in on my landing experience. My appointment was yesterday at 1:30, so got there at 1:10, they took me in at 1:15 and I was done at 1:20 :).... Asked us a few simple basic questions about have I committed any crime, has my sponsor ever declared bankruptcy etc.. Made us check the information on the COPR, laughed / cracked jokes about my PR pictures and we were good to go :)... So good luck to everybody...

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
hn1234 said:
Hi Guys - just wanted to let you in on my landing experience. My appointment was yesterday at 1:30, so got there at 1:10, they took me in at 1:15 and I was done at 1:20 :).... Asked us a few simple basic questions about have I committed any crime, has my sponsor ever declared bankruptcy etc.. Made us check the information on the COPR, laughed / cracked jokes about my PR pictures and we were good to go :)... So good luck to everybody...
Good to know. Now just need my landing letter to get here. Where did you land?

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
canadianthrower said:
Good to know. Now just need my landing letter to get here. Where did you land?

Hi - I landed in Calgary Harry Hays :)

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-02-2013, Re-done Sept 2014
Interview........
Decision made Mar 09, 2015
Hello Everyone,
Was wondering if anyone else has been asked for digital finger prints? We received a letter asking for us to send digital prints for my common law spouse. We had sent them about a year ago. Is it because they have expired maybe?

They have everything else and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what the outcome was or how long it took for an agent to review.
We started this journey in Sept of 2012 and because of neglectful agent we are still waiting.
On a positive note we are very fortunate that the officer re-opened our file after a lengthy request to reconsider.
But now every time I hear from them my heart jumps because I don't know what's coming next.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nervousme said:
Hello Everyone,
Was wondering if anyone else has been asked for digital finger prints? We received a letter asking for us to send digital prints for my common law spouse. We had sent them about a year ago. Is it because they have expired maybe?

They have everything else and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what the outcome was or how long it took for an agent to review.
We started this journey in Sept of 2012 and because of neglectful agent we are still waiting.
On a positive note we are very fortunate that the officer re-opened our file after a lengthy request to reconsider.
But now every time I hear from them my heart jumps because I don't know what's coming next.
PCCs normally expire after a year. Since the fingerprints would only be required for an RCMP check it seems likely they want a new RCMP check as the old one has expired.

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
computergeek said:
PCCs normally expire after a year. Since the fingerprints would only be required for an RCMP check it seems likely they want a new RCMP check as the old one has expired.
Thank you sooo soooo much for answering. Its nice to follow everyones progress.

So I shouldn't freak out? How come they didn't request fingerprints from Romania and the U.S too? HE resided there before and we had sent them all at the same time. Would it be because he has been here since then? Should we be re doing those too even thou the letter wasn't specific about it?

On another note::
Does anyone know how I can find out how long it takes for them to contact the office in Bucharest, Romania? He has a child from a previous relationship that the need to verify. She is not coming to Canada, but she is a minor so we were told that they would contact her from that office and that was in December and we haven't heard anything yet.
Everything else seems to be complete. We have been waiting since September 2012 when we started.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nervousme said:
Thank you sooo soooo much for answering. Its nice to follow everyones progress.

So I shouldn't freak out? How come they didn't request fingerprints from Romania and the U.S too? HE resided there before and we had sent them all at the same time. Would it be because he has been here since then? Should we be re doing those too even thou the letter wasn't specific about it?

On another note::
Does anyone know how I can find out how long it takes for them to contact the office in Bucharest, Romania? He has a child from a previous relationship that the need to verify. She is not coming to Canada, but she is a minor so we were told that they would contact her from that office and that was in December and we haven't heard anything yet.
Everything else seems to be complete. We have been waiting since September 2012 when we started.
Usually for the most part, when CIC request police report/fingerprints within Canada, it is done to separate you from a person with a criminal record living in Canada with same name, birth datel as yours. This is to prevent mixup between your ID and the other and also to protect your identity as well.

Screech339

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
screech339 said:
Usually for the most part, when CIC request police report/fingerprints within Canada, it is done to separate you from a person with a criminal record living in Canada with same name, birth datel as yours. This is to prevent mixup between your ID and the other and also to protect your identity as well.

Screech339
Interseting because he's name is not common at all. I thought it was because they had expired

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nervousme said:
Interseting because he's name is not common at all. I thought it was because they had expired
Your initial Canada police record has expired and thus probably wanted a fresh one. But I was saying when they asked for your canada record to begin with, it would be for that reason.

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
screech339 said:
Your initial Canada police record has expired and thus probably wanted a fresh one. But I was saying when they asked for your canada record to begin with, it would be for that reason.
Makes sense. Thanks

ccL1

Jun 18, 2013
Victorswife said:
WOHOO!!! WE JUST GOT OUR DECISION MADE EMAIL!!!!! WHAT'S THE LATEST PROCESSING TIME FOR VANCOUVER OFFICE TO CONTACT US?????
Hi Victorswife,

I'm hoping you and others have a much shorter waiting period than us. My wife received a DM email in early April 2013, telling us the Vancouver office will contact us. It's been 10 months, and we're still waiting. We called them when it reached 3 months, and we were told to wait 6 months. After 6 months, we were told to wait another few months. We're planning on calling next week, because this waiting is killing us.

10 months so far for the Vancouver office to contact us...