20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
Thank you.....thats good to know. Where should we call now and again? We will have our landing meeting in Vancouver. Oh I so do hope we will be the lucky ones......Im invited to share the mircal when my first grandson will see the world for his first time....in the beginning in May. But I wont take a chance to go without my landing and my card......but oh do I pray we will make it by then.......
I think you can honestly get away with it if you are coming from Sweden since it is a visa exempt country. This is strictly based on the many applicants who have been able to leave and re-enter Canada with not issues, especially those from visa exempted countries. So long as you are visiting for a week or 2. I am not trying to encourage you to do this as there is a risk involved. So use your own discretion as how you want to go about visiting your grandson.

Screech339

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
screech339 said:
I think you can honestly get away with it if you are coming from Sweden since it is a visa exempt country. This is strictly based on the many applicants who have been able to leave and re-enter Canada with not issues, especially those from visa exempted countries. So long as you are visiting for a week or 2. I am not trying to encourage you to do this as there is a risk involved. So use your own discretion as how you want to go about visiting your grandson.

Screech339
Ooooooo I would be way to scared to take any risks. Our journey has been so long so far and we been having to re do everything......so they seams so strict. Would be to scared to stumble on the finish line. But if there is any way to call them and give them a reminder that we are here waiting, I would do so. But who to call? The ordinary CIC number.....or is there a number in Vancouver to call?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
Ooooooo I would be way to scared to take any risks. Our journey has been so long so far and we been having to re do everything......so they seams so strict. Would be to scared to stumble on the finish line. But if there is any way to call them and give them a reminder that we are here waiting, I would do so. But who to call? The ordinary CIC number.....or is there a number in Vancouver to call?
There is no local CIC number to call. You are stuck with the same 1-800-242-2100 number as everyone else. Otherwise the Local CIC would be bombarded with phone calls when they need to concentrate on their work. CIC Call Centre agents are hired to take the calls away from local CIC agents.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
DaleandMonica said:
I do know some people who have sent a letter to the Vancouver office and received a response when they were in your situation.

200 - 877 Expo Blvd.
Vancouver, BC
V6B 8P8

(I go by here all the time, as it's just around the corner from my gym).

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
computergeek said:
I do know some people who have sent a letter to the Vancouver office and received a response when they were in your situation.

200 - 877 Expo Blvd.
Vancouver, BC
V6B 8P8

Yes DaleandMonica can write a letter to the local office but still can't call them directly. She was asking for local contact numbers which are not listed.

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
screech339 said:
Yes DaleandMonica can write a letter to the local office but still can't call them directly. She was asking for local contact numbers which are not listed.
I understand the desire to call, but if that's not an option I merely wished to provide an alternative option. Anyone who has been waiting months to hear from the local office should be concerned.

It also occurs to me that the OP might want to contact their MP's office. A phone call from the MP's immigration liason to someone at CIC might be enough to get things moving again as well.

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
Doe123 said:
So we're quickly approaching 6 months with no word from the Vancouver office. And now to understand we may be told to wait even longer just seems unreasonable at this point. We applied close to 2 years ago! Can somebody please explain why some inland applicants only wait a couple months, while others wait around 6 months? It must be a sort of discrimination or something, no?

???
Try calling the CIC number to find out. We waited 174 days for my hubby's landing and we thought that was very long. We called them twice just to make sure that nothing went wrong. We were also out of town for a week and my hubby turned off his cell phone to avoid roaming charges... Some people get notified by cell phone calls with their landing interview date. They also did try to contact us via phone, and then via snail mail to get my hubby's medical exam result an extension.

so pay attention to incoming phone calls. (in addition to checking your mailbox daily)

Good luck! And really, if your wait had been over 6 months, give them a call weekly.

Olaf-Van

Nov 19, 2013
computergeek said:

200 - 877 Expo Blvd.
Vancouver, BC
V6B 8P8

I am working very close to them too.
I wonder if it is possible to just go there and ask in person?!

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
DaleandMonica said:
Hi DaleandMonica,
If you just got your DM on Dec 30, I think you don't have to worry about calling so soon. :) You may be one of the lucky ones.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
computergeek said:

200 - 877 Expo Blvd.
Vancouver, BC
V6B 8P8

Thank u so very much. I will write them and talk to their hearts......at least I have
done something then :D Thank you :)

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
I guys, happy new year to everybody! I know I have bin quiet it cus I really do not have much to say. I am still waiting for my AIP, I have contacted my MP and a call was put to CIC still waiting. Then I got a mail today about my Work Permit, dint know if I should be worried or happy that things is moving forward so pls if anybody as an idea of what going or once heard anything like this please ur reply will mean the world:

Here is what I go in the mail today:

" This refers to your application for a Work Permit received 11/13/2013. No action is being taken
to process your request for the following reasons:
Our records indicate that you have already been issued a document by the Canada Immigration
Centre in Vegreville valid to June 24, 2014."

And do not have an idea of what document was issued to me, I cldn't call cus when I saw the mail the call centre was closed....so here I am worried sick!

So please as anybody got such a an email?

Doe123

Apr 15, 2013
Alurra71 said:
I don't think it's a form of discrimination so much as how many folks they have on their 'plate' to get landed for that area. My particular area only took a few weeks to get landed from DM, but then on landing day, there were myself, my husband and another couple. That is only 2 couples for an entire afternoon. Now imagine the hundreds and hundreds, maybe even thousands of immigrants that need to be 'landed' in the Vancouver area .... Yep, it will likely take some time to get a landing letter, however I think if folks have not gotten one inside a couple of months they should extend the effort, no matter how much a pain in the arse it is, to call CIC weekly to get an update. There has been at least one case here where the person got their landing letter in the mail in the afternoon and was supposed to be landing earlier that same morning. Things can and will go wrong. Do whatever you need to do from your side to ensure that you keep them moving forward on your information.

Good luck and happy landing!
I already understood that each local office has a different total of applicants to go through, and that would most likely determine the average wait time. I was actually referring only to those who land at the Vancouver office. If you view the spreadsheet, there are multiple applicants that received decision made after us and already landed at the Vancouver office. So again, it makes us quite curious as to why some inland applicants [waiting to land at the Vancouver office] only wait a couple months, while others wait around 6 months? Is it random, discrimination (annual income, etc), or something else?

qosmio

Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville__Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
AIP__26 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
30 Oct 2012
Interview........
DM__12 Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Med's Redo__28 Apr 2014
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
Vancouver, vancou..., van...! Next week will be the end of my 4th month waiting for landing interview since DM and will there be any miracles to me? (Yes/No) :-X

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow its 2014, I cant believe this thread is still active and people are still waiting from 2012.

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
I guys, happy new year to everybody! I know I have bin quiet it cus I really do not have much to say. I am still waiting for my AIP, I have contacted my MP and a call was put to CIC still waiting. Then I got a mail today about my Work Permit, dint know if I should be worried or happy that things is moving forward so pls if anybody as an idea of what going or once heard anything like this please ur reply will mean the world:

Here is what I go in the mail today:

" This refers to your application for a Work Permit received 11/13/2013. No action is being taken
to process your request for the following reasons:
Our records indicate that you have already been issued a document by the Canada Immigration
Centre in Vegreville valid to June 24, 2014."

And do not have an idea of what document was issued to me, I cldn't call cus when I saw the mail the call centre was closed....so here I am worried sick!

So please as anybody got such a an email?