AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
not requested
VISA ISSUED...
AIP & DM: 21-01-2014
Can you go to the border and get landed there??

I'm a 2013 applicant.. still waiting for AIP, but I wouldn't want to wait for another 6 months to land.

Olaf-Van said:
I also got DM on October 2nd, with a note that Vancouver office will contact us soon.
Called CIC last thursday, agent told me that wait time for Vancouver office is about 6 months.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
rifat said:
I applied in Feb 28 2012 we got our DM on Oct 21st, 2013 we are still waiting on the landing letter too :(...
The Agent told my wife to phone them again after 4 months after getting DM and then they can put a request in to the local office and inquire on the status of the landing appointment. That will be December 18th for us.

qosmio

Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville__Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
AIP__26 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
30 Oct 2012
Interview........
DM__12 Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Med's Redo__28 Apr 2014
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
rifat said:
Well our file was delayed because we had a red flag in the file that caused the delay even though they shouldn't have made us wait so long for the first stage interview they could've just processed and called us for an interview earlier but i guess red flags do matter and are serious problems... so good thing we got our DM and AIP in Oct now we're waiting on our lovely FBI ppl in the states to send us the FBI Cert for my husband so the amazing CIC can send him his PR....
In contrast to yours, there is not a red flag or anything like that with my application. During the second stage which took ~ 11.5 months, sometimes I wondered why the background checking process took so long and thought the reason could be the strike so there are too many backlogs. Now CIC tells me that the Vancouver office can take up to 6 months to call me for the landing interview, if not, call them back. :'(

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
colivia said:
Can you go to the border and get landed there??

I'm a 2013 applicant.. still waiting for AIP, but I wouldn't want to wait for another 6 months to land.
Inland applicants must attend a 'landing' interview to get their COPR and become PR. Only outland applicants can land at a border.

R2012

Dec 2, 2013
Hi, My PR was applied under sponsorship within canada class. But this was rejected as myself and my wife are not staying together.We are staying apart as due to different job location.I am in ON and my wife in MB.We are legally married from India and we have submitted all the realavent documents.In addition we have submitted our phone call history,flight tickets,joined bank statement and all.we have been married for 1 year 6 months .

My questions are
1.Is it advisable to appeal the decision than new application.
2.My wife is 3 mnths pregnant now.Also she is planning to move to my place in 3 mths?With all these conditions a reapplication will be better or an appeal?
3.Once she comes to my place an addition to my rental agreement would be valid proof for the CIC or not?
4.I have a valid work permit in Canada for another year.Can I stay in canada till my WP is expiring or with the refusal should I volunterely exit canada?

Many thanks in advance for your help.Highly appreciated.

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
rifat said:
I applied in Feb 28 2012 we got our DM on Oct 21st, 2013 we are still waiting on the landing letter too :(...
We waited more than 5 months after DM (early May) for our landing letter to arrive in the mail (mid Oct) for landing appointment in late Oct at the Vancouver office.
So the wait was long and we did call once. But they just told us to keep waiting and call back if we don't hear from them in 6 months.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
R2012 said:
Hi, My PR was applied under sponsorship within canada class. But this was rejected as myself and my wife are not staying together.We are staying apart as due to different job location.I am in ON and my wife in MB.We are legally married from India and we have submitted all the realavent documents.In addition we have submitted our phone call history,flight tickets,joined bank statement and all.we have been married for 1 year 6 months .

My questions are
2.My wife is 3 mnths pregnant now.Also she is planning to move to my place in 3 mths?With all these conditions a reapplication will be better or an appeal?
3.Once she comes to my place an addition to my rental agreement would be valid proof for the CIC or not?
4.I have a valid work permit in Canada for another year.Can I stay in canada till my WP is expiring or with the refusal should I volunterely exit canada?

Sorry to hear that you got denied PR on account that you were not physically living together under the same roof. As for appeal, since you applied inland, there are no appeals available for those who recieved Negative Decision. There is a last resort called judicial review but it appears that you don't seem to have a case for it as there were no obvious or serious errors made on CIC's behalf in issuing a Negative Decision to you.

I don't know if you can apply again inland. Would CIC reject it again on account that it has already been filed inland before? That I can't say. Perhaps someone can provide better answer on that.

Screech339

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
How long does background check takes, like seriously almost everyone is done with thier application and this is the 10 months for me since I got my AIP , arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I call and they keep on saying they re working on background verification . Does this takes forever ? Looks like am the only one waiting for DM . Lord help your son.

Olaf-Van

Nov 19, 2013
yvr1234 said:
We waited more than 5 months after DM (early May) for our landing letter to arrive in the mail (mid Oct) for landing appointment in late Oct at the Vancouver office.
So the wait was long and we did call once. But they just told us to keep waiting and call back if we don't hear from them in 6 months.
oh, than there is nothing else for us to do, just wait :-(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
screech339 said:
I don't know if you can apply again inland. Would CIC reject it again on account that it has already been filed inland before? That I can't say. Perhaps someone can provide better answer on that.
The OP may file again inland, but the first question a new officer will ask is "what has changed since the previous application was refused?"

Living together is a statutory requirement of the in-Canada class. The OP would have been better served applying via the Outland path - and because he was admitted to Canada for at least a year, he could have picked CPP-O to process the application (so no need to deal with NDVO).

The OP has a valid work permit and may remain in Canada as a temporary resident as long as that permit remains valid. My advice would be to reapply via the Outland process. A well-organized and complete application in a case like this one would likely be fairly quick (~8 months) and thus the OP could be landed as a PR before AIP is even considered for a new inland application. Note: the OP really will need to be very clear as to why the grounds for the prior rejection are inapplicable to the new application.

R2012

Dec 2, 2013
computergeek said:
The OP may file again inland, but the first question a new officer will ask is "what has changed since the previous application was refused?"

Living together is a statutory requirement of the in-Canada class. The OP would have been better served applying via the Outland path - and because he was admitted to Canada for at least a year, he could have picked CPP-O to process the application (so no need to deal with NDVO).

The OP has a valid work permit and may remain in Canada as a temporary resident as long as that permit remains valid. My advice would be to reapply via the Outland process. A well-organized and complete application in a case like this one would likely be fairly quick (~8 months) and thus the OP could be landed as a PR before AIP is even considered for a new inland application. Note: the OP really will need to be very clear as to why the grounds for the prior rejection are inapplicable to the new application.
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply and your valuable time. Appreciate your help

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
confrentis said:
I called CIC today about my landing interview too. I was told it takes from 2 to 6 weeks to schedule an appointment. Within these weeks one shouldn't worry. And they checked my case and assured that mine wasn't scheduled yet. (Hamilton)
Thank you! I called yesterday again and the officer was more polite and checked my case. I`m not scheduled too. For Etobicoke takes from 2 to 4 months :((((
The last Christmas I told my son and my parents that I can go back home for Easter but.....I couldn`t. After that...I promise for Christmas, but...no chance. And now...I`m not sure if I can see them for the next Easter :((( I told I`m a strong person but....it`s toooooo muchhhhh

khakhsaab

Jul 18, 2013
Hey guys got my AIP with medical request and approval on my OWP application .... how long it takes them to send Work permit .... I live in Edmonton ... wondering it shouldn't take long like it is taking its third week still waiting for mail .. checked today got nothing

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
khakhsaab said:
Hey guys got my AIP with medical request and approval on my OWP application .... how long it takes them to send Work permit .... I live in Edmonton ... wondering it shouldn't take long like it is taking its third week still waiting for mail .. checked today got nothing

Congrat when do you send your application

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
R2012 said:

My questions are

I knew a couple should live together but I'm sorry to hear that.

Before I applied for PR, I wanted to consider all of cases and I asked if I had right to appeal at a multicultural centre.
A representative gave us info that we could appeal even though we applied inside Canada
and there's no info on cic website.
But she told us it would take 5 years.
I recommend you to visit a multicultural centre first and choose a better option.