App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Haven't been on in a while so a lot of news to catch up on. It looks from the spreadsheets that those of us landing in Calgary have a while to wait after DM. Has anyone called in to CIC to find out an eta on landing date letter? Last time I called my file hadn't even been transferred yet.

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
Congrats to all who recently got good news!

Life got busier than usual for me after receiving DM. I landed on November 28. The Montreal office had CRA agents available, so I was lucky enough to receive a permanent SIN soon after landing. :)

IsThisOverYet

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
Med's Request
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
Not Yet
eager beaver said:
Hey Everyone, Hope all is doing well! I havent been on in quite some time. We got first stage approval back in early October and my fiance ( applicant) was asked to obtain a police history report from when we lived in Australia in order to proceed with second step. No instructions were given on how to give them a copy of this so when we eventually got it 2 weeks ago we faxed it to the office with Attention to Karen who had worked on our first stage.

Fiance called immigration today to see if it had been received and for an update on our account. the agent at the call center told him that it was received but that he needs to mail them the original copy. (this seems VERY strange since they usually always only want photocopies, and all our police checks we sent they had asked for photocopies so why must the original be sent for this?????)

SECOND thing the agent told him that they arent processing anymore applications until June!?!?!?!!?!!?
what is going on? Is this just another classic example of the CIC office not knowing anything? or is there a problem that is delaying applications?!!? I am not sure what to do...we are currently on hold with CIC again cause i told him to call back and see if a second agent says the same thing....
help....
I really hope there is no truth to this... Any luck getting through to another CIC agent?

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
eager beaver said:
Hey Everyone, Hope all is doing well! I havent been on in quite some time. We got first stage approval back in early October and my fiance ( applicant) was asked to obtain a police history report from when we lived in Australia in order to proceed with second step. No instructions were given on how to give them a copy of this so when we eventually got it 2 weeks ago we faxed it to the office with Attention to Karen who had worked on our first stage.

Fiance called immigration today to see if it had been received and for an update on our account. the agent at the call center told him that it was received but that he needs to mail them the original copy. (this seems VERY strange since they usually always only want photocopies, and all our police checks we sent they had asked for photocopies so why must the original be sent for this?????)

SECOND thing the agent told him that they arent processing anymore applications until June!?!?!?!!?!!?
what is going on? Is this just another classic example of the CIC office not knowing anything? or is there a problem that is delaying applications?!!? I am not sure what to do...we are currently on hold with CIC again cause i told him to call back and see if a second agent says the same thing....
help....
eagerbeaver:

we are asked for the police certificate for my husband too from the states. and the CIC sent us a letter asking us to submit the originals to the address on the letter they sent us, and since our local visa office is Calgary that's where we have to send in the original FBI Cert once we receive is back from the States. lucky you atleast got yours we are still in the waiting line for that...

as far as the 2nd problem of waiting until June. the CIC agents always gave us different information so I just stopped calling them and didn't bother with it... I'm just waiting. I did check the processing time of the Stage 2 apps they changed it back to 8 months. However I have heard from the Officer who interview us for our first stage saying that it does take anywhere from 3 to 6 months before you are called for your landing interview for your PR. so If you have already submitted the original docs to CIC it shouldn't take them very long. I hope you get your PR soon and I hope my husband gets his soon too after we send in the FBI Cert ofcourse :-X

all the best :)

qosmio

Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville__Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
AIP__26 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
30 Oct 2012
Interview........
DM__12 Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Med's Redo__28 Apr 2014
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
canuck2k said:
Still no landing letter and its been over three months.
we are only one month away from being two years into this process...we sent the application just after the new year in January 2012.

Me too! I applied in Feb 2012, got DM on Sep 12, 2013 and still waiting the landing letter. I want to fly ...

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Congrats, wortip!!!!!!!!! Another 2012er is finally a PR. :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to wortip on landing and becoming PR of Canada.

Congrats to Alurra71 and RebeccaF on getting their DMs.

With your DMs today, we reached another milestone today. We reached 70% DM in our timesheets.

Screech339

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
screech339 said:
Congrats to wortip on landing and becoming PR of Canada.

Congrats to Alurra71 and RebeccaF on getting their DMs.

With your DMs today, we reached another milestone today. We reached 70% DM in our timesheets.

Screech339
Thank you Screech and QuebecOkie.

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
RebeccaF said:
Congrats Alurra!!! :)

I also got my DM on Nov 27! :)

I have a few questions. They said the center in Etobicoke will contact me. Am I expecting a phone call or a letter? How long does it usually take before they contact you? And THEN, how much longer is it usually until you get to officially land? :)

Fingers crossed for all the others waiting for news. :)
This makes me really excited because I am a German and got my AOR 2 only weeks after you did. Maybe Christmas will come early this year...

Gaur

Oct 15, 2013
Hi there,

I have a ques regarding the Medical Examination.

I am going to submit the Sponsorship application for my spouse from Inside Canada in a week or so.
Most of you have mentioned the medical timeline before the AOR received.
Does that mean we have to go for the medical tests before submitting the application ?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance !!

Olaf-Van

Nov 19, 2013
qosmio said:
Me too! I applied in Feb 2012, got DM on Sep 12, 2013 and still waiting the landing letter. I want to fly ...
I also got DM on October 2nd, with a note that Vancouver office will contact us soon.
Called CIC last thursday, agent told me that wait time for Vancouver office is about 6 months.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
qosmio said:
I applied in Feb 28 2012 we got our DM on Oct 21st, 2013 we are still waiting on the landing letter too :(...

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
SaskiaL said:
This makes me really excited because I am a German and got my AOR 2 only weeks after you did. Maybe Christmas will come early this year...
Saskia, although I don't think nationality has much to do with processing times, I'm crossing my fingers for you. Landing before Christmas would indeed be the best present this year :)

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
rifat said:
I applied in Feb 28 2012 we got our DM on Oct 21st, 2013 we are still waiting on the landing letter too :(...
eek. That is a long waiting time for the landing letter. Sorry to hear so many people have been waiting months. :-S I thought the major wait was for AIP and DM. I wonder why they are delaying it so much... anyone have any ideas?

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
RebeccaF said:
eek. That is a long waiting time for the landing letter. Sorry to hear so many people have been waiting months. :-S I thought the major wait was for AIP and DM. I wonder why they are delaying it so much... anyone have any ideas?
Well our file was delayed because we had a red flag in the file that caused the delay even though they shouldn't have made us wait so long for the first stage interview they could've just processed and called us for an interview earlier but i guess red flags do matter and are serious problems... so good thing we got our DM and AIP in Oct now we're waiting on our lovely FBI ppl in the states to send us the FBI Cert for my husband so the amazing CIC can send him his PR....