+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Alexandrushka

Jul 6, 2013
Hello! Hello!
Can't believe I've become a permanent resident.

I landed at 15th November in Etobicoke office. Our appointment was at 8.15, we arrived in advance 30 min.
We were called for interview exactly in our time. The agent was very friendly and clearly. We gave receipt, 2 pics for PR card and my passport.
She asked:
- our address
- ID sponsor
- I don't have my temporary SIN, she asked do U work? I dont work. next - How do u support yourself? My answer - by husband
- have you been convicted in canada?
- have you ever been deny to entry? - do you have children not declared in the application?
Then she asked does my sponsor know responsibilities as sponsor?

I checked my personal information in CORP and signed it. Congrats!! The card I will get my mail in 4-6 weeks.
In same room but at another window I got the permanent SIN. at 9 am we left office. It was super fast and absolutely easy! CIC agents work so nice and fast.

Then we went to service ontario and applied for OHIP. I showed CORP, passport and driving license. I filled out application, they took picture and gave paper, the coverage of OHIP starts in 3 months.

Good luck everyone!
Thanks, I found out a lot information from this forum.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
HME said:
All you need to send is your info and copy of your ticket, here is what my frieend included in his email:

Subject: Urgent processing of permanent resident card Request!
To: CIC-Telecentre-Contact-PRC-CRP @ cic.gc.ca

FULL NAME:
CLIENT ID:
DATE OF BIRTH:
HOME ADDRESS:

TELEPHONE:
EMAIL ADDRESS:
DATE APPLICATION SENT:
COURIER COMPANY USED: N.A

Attached the Ticket PDF sent to me by the airline. In this PDF it shows the method of payment using my credit card ending with numbers:

Hopefult this helps and u get all done
Perfect! Thank you!!! I'll try it.

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
those type of courses are not usually accredited threw any office or board....... its basically just a "for your own interest course" Sure, you could put it on a resume but in the big picture it doesn't give you any credentials. It may be a waste of money........ just wanted to let you know that before you put forth any amount of money.

confrentis said:
Hi Victorswife!
It's Credit Institute of Canada. It helps if your work is related with Credit and Collections.
That's just what I used to do for a living back in my country.
I'm interested in Basic course for now just to know Canadian specifics. Not sure if i wanna pay though....

khakhsaab

Jul 18, 2013
hi every one ... congrats to all of you getting AIP ,landing interviews, OWP , PR card......
i have a question my file was received on jan 04 2013 AOR received Feb 08 2013....
i didn't send my medical yet ... what effect will i have on my processing time??????as i see most of applicants have already received their AIP even some sent it after me...
i sent my OWP after my application ....
will i receive my OWP before medical or after medical requested??????

i read most of posts saying local office will contact regarding file after receiving AIP .... do landing interview means you get your landing document at that time ??? and next step will be just PR card ???
what is the waiting time for edmonton office ??

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
khakhsaab said:
hi every one ... congrats to all of you getting AIP ,landing interviews, OWP , PR card......
i have a question my file was received on jan 04 2013 AOR received Feb 08 2013....
i didn't send my medical yet ... what effect will i have on my processing time??????as i see most of applicants have already received their AIP even some sent it after me...
i sent my OWP after my application ....
will i receive my OWP before medical or after medical requested??????

i read most of posts saying local office will contact regarding file after receiving AIP .... do landing interview means you get your landing document at that time ??? and next step will be just PR card ???
what is the waiting time for edmonton office ??
Not including your medical shouldn't affect your timeline for AIP at all. And applications are not necessarily processed in exactly the order in which they were received (CIC is not NEARLY that organized and efficient). Two similar applications sent at the same time may have different timelines. Not including your medical may affect your timeline for DM/stage two, though. Some are getting AIP and DM at the same time or very close together, but that's not even a possibility unless your file is complete. When you get AIP, you will then need to schedule a visit with a panel physician for your medical exam, and CIC will set your file aside for a period of time while you do that. There's no way of knowing how long it will take them to resume processing of your file after you send your medical.

You should receive your OWP when you get AIP, so it will be around the same time that they request your medical.

After AIP, you will do your medical exam, and then you will be waiting for stage two approval (DM - decision made). After that, you will receive a letter with a date for a landing interview. At that interview (very simple, they ask a few basic questions and it's over pretty quickly), you will get your COPR (certificate of permanent residency). Your PR card will follow by mail in about 6-8 weeks.

I don't know the timeline for the Edmonton office. You may get some idea of the the average times by looking at the spreadsheet linked in Screech's signature.

khakhsaab

Jul 18, 2013
QuebecOkie said:
Not including your medical shouldn't affect your timeline for AIP at all. And applications are not necessarily processed in exactly the order in which they were received (CIC is not NEARLY that organized and efficient). Two similar applications sent at the same time may have different timelines. Not including your medical may affect your timeline for DM/stage two, though. Some are getting AIP and DM at the same time or very close together, but that's not even a possibility unless your file is complete. When you get AIP, you will then need to schedule a visit with a panel physician for your medical exam, and CIC will set your file aside for a period of time while you do that. There's no way of knowing how long it will take them to resume processing of your file after you send your medical.

You should receive your OWP when you get AIP, so it will be around the same time that they request your medical.

After AIP, you will do your medical exam, and then you will be waiting for stage two approval (DM - decision made). After that, you will receive a letter with a date for a landing interview. At that interview (very simple, they ask a few basic questions and it's over pretty quickly), you will get your COPR (certificate of permanent residency). Your PR card will follow by mail in about 6-8 weeks.

I don't know the timeline for the Edmonton office. You may get some idea of the the average times by looking at the spreadsheet linked in Screech's signature.
Thanks for reply really appreciate your help... that was nice and clear answer .... :)

Just one more question do they interview for AIP like by calling or something?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
khakhsaab said:
Thanks for reply really appreciate your help... that was nice and clear answer .... :)

Just one more question do they interview for AIP like by calling or something?
There is no interview associated with AIP unless CIC has doubts about the genuineness of your relationship with your sponsor. If they do have doubts, they will schedule you for an interview that you and your sponsor (pretty sure the sponsor has to go, too) must attend in person. Otherwise the only interview is the landing interview after DM, and it's really just a "check in the box."

khakhsaab

Jul 18, 2013
QuebecOkie said:
There is no interview associated with AIP unless CIC has doubts about the genuineness of your relationship with your sponsor. If they do have doubts, they will schedule you for an interview that you and your sponsor (pretty sure the sponsor has to go, too) must attend in person. Otherwise the only interview is the landing interview after DM, and it's really just a "check in the box."
Thanks again .... have a great day ...

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
QuebecOkie said:
QuebecOkie:

Yes they do call the Sponsor for the Interview they dont' ask the Applicant many questions they ask the person who sponsored questions to clear the confusion or whatever reason behind the interview. My husband and I had to go through that too last month and I'm glad I (sponsor) cleared all the doubts for CIC and they approved us AIP, PR and OWP.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Good info, thanks. :)

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
screech339 said:
Thanks for the update. I actually use the date OWP arrive in the mail. I use this date because that is when they can actually use the OWP to apply for temp SIN. Can't apply for Temp SIN with an OWP approval email.

Screech339
Hi Screenc339,

I've been waiting for my OWP via snail mail since 28Oct. I called CIC and asked if they could re-send me but they said I have to wait till 10Dec to call them to re-send it again (refer to their rule, it must take 6 weeks since they first send me).

What shall I do apart from waiting?

Cheers!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Deedeedar said:
Hi Screenc339,

I've been waiting for my OWP via snail mail since 28Oct. I called CIC and asked if they could re-send me but they said I have to wait till 10Dec to call them to re-send it again (refer to their rule, it must take 6 weeks since they first send me).

What shall I do apart from waiting?

Cheers!
I think the 6 weeks rule seems arbitary to me. I would call them again on a weekly basis until you get your OWP in the mail. Everyone else seems to be getting their OWP in a reasonable time.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to somewhatstressed on landing today and becoming a PR. Now you can changed your nick to nomorestress after you land. Ha ha ha.

Screech339

zedekiah08

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
Doc's Request.
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-02-2013
Med's Request
very soon
Med's Done....
none
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
screech339 said:
Congrats to somewhatstressed on landing today and becoming a PR. Now you can changed your nick to nomorestress after you land. Ha ha ha.

Screech339
Nice one screech :)

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rifat said:
QuebecOkie:

Yes they do call the Sponsor for the Interview they dont' ask the Applicant many questions they ask the person who sponsored questions to clear the confusion or whatever reason behind the interview. My husband and I had to go through that too last month and I'm glad I (sponsor) cleared all the doubts for CIC and they approved us AIP, PR and OWP.
Just out of curiosity, what kinds of questions do they ask in the interview?