AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
New medical done. Check (since the old one became to old, do to all their delays.

But I have to tell you guys something I think is crazy.

Now they want a new police record from Sweden......even though we sent an original with our application years ago.

I have been in Canada since 2011 March 18. THe last original police record was sent in 2012. I have been stuck here in Canada, as all of us applying inland.

I called: Why do you want a new record from Sweden, when I haven't even been outside Canada since the last on we sent you? Or is it a Canada record you want, from me being here the last 3 years?

No, we want a new one from Sweden.

Oh doesn't that make sense???????? :eek: 700 dollars.......down the drain......plus the 160 dollars my husband lost for taking me to the medical. (I haven't got a driver licence.)

TIRED

Will this ever be done. :'(

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Finally got driver's license today after 4 tries and 2 different offices. So relieved!

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
Has anyone applied for an OWP (after AIP) between September 1st and September 17th and gotten a response as yet?

prixit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/mar/2012
AOR Received.
29/6/2012
Med's Done....
12/mar /2012
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
Hi All,

I am new to this forum,i applied for my family class application for my wife(i am a pr) on March 2012 at Vergville,got a letter from cic in october 2012 that first satge is approved,i applied for her work permit as i was on a tourist visa which got approved in jan 2013,got a letter asking for finger prints which was sent in on june 20 2013,got a letter yesterday from rcmp that i have no criminal record(means succesful)i applied for another work permit in oct as my work permit is expiring in jan 2014,can anybody please tell me what will be the next step or how long it should take

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
Finally!!! My OWP came in the mail today!!
It's such a wonderful feeling to open the mail and see a Government of Canada envelope addressed to me.
My past port expires early nxt year and so.... My work permit is till the validity of
My passport!
But!! Yay to the fact that I can legally work!!
It's dated October 23

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hey guys I couldn't wait to get home to share this news with you.... My God is so great!!!!!! I got and email this afternoon from CIC outlining our first stage approval.... We got AIP!!!!!..... This gives a huge relief for my husband and I. Remembering the post I sent out just yesterday asking for advise on the removal order interview my husband was sent, receiving this has us overjoyed!!!!!!

Soooo guys, what's to be expected next?! We have to send in a police clearance from my husbands homeland which is Nigeria. Can anyone or the applicants from Nigeria speak on how long this police certificate will take?

Thank you guys for your support

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
mimi263 said:
Hey guys I couldn't wait to get home to share this news with you.... My God is so great!!!!!! I got and email this afternoon from CIC outlining our first stage approval.... We got AIP!!!!!..... This gives a huge relief for my husband and I. Remembering the post I sent out just yesterday asking for advise on the removal order interview my husband was sent, receiving this has us overjoyed!!!!!!

Soooo guys, what's to be expected next?! We have to send in a police clearance from my husbands homeland which is Nigeria. Can anyone or the applicants from Nigeria speak on how long this police certificate will take?

Congrats

You can give us some detail on your filed(date of apllication )

Jaimeirl

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-12-12
AOR Received.
22-1-13
Med's Request
24-10-13
Med's Done....
Nov 12 and 18-11-13
LANDED..........
11-06-14
Spreadsheet says 5th,congrats

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
mimi263 said:

Mimi I am so happy for u and urs! God is wonderful and He does things in his own time! I am so glad to hear the news!
I just sent in my police report from nigeria few days ago! Ur husband will have to get someone trust worthy in Nigerian to go get it for him, it's done in Lagos, the name of the station is Alagbon in Lagos ur husband should know what am talking about, his going to need a finger print form sent to him and I think he cld also go to the RMCP and do the finger print and let them know he will be sending it to Nigeria! If u need any other info let me know! Cheers

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
Hello everyone, sorry we have not been around, but we have been VERY busy. We were given the ok to go pick up our girls from Jamaica, so on October 6th hubby and I went down, he still has not received his PR card in the mail so we applied for a travel document when we got there, and had no problems. We came back and the girls officially landed on October 11th. I was surprised how fast everything went, we landed at 6:20pm and we were off the plane, through customs, baggage, and immigration in less then an hour.

So we are finally all together, life is crazy busy with 5 kids, but we are so happy, and enjoying every minute. Thanks to everyone that helped us along the way throughout this journey.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Congrats, krissikris! I'm happy for you and your family!! :D

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
CONGRATS to Jolly1 for OWP, canadianthrower for Driver's license, mimi263 for AIP, and krissikris for getting you family all in one place!

this is terrific news indeed :)

yadi

Mar 17, 2013
screech339 said:
Unfortunately you can only use your COPR if your PR applicantion was done outland. If it was done inland, Canada Service will not accept COPR for SIN. It is rather unfair that not only you wait up to 12-18 months, you have to wait another 2 months before you can start legally work. While outland get faster processing time and get SIN when they land.

So unless there is a SIN processing booth at the local CIC office when you land, you will have to wait for PR card to apply for SIN.

Screech339
But our sponsorship application was done inland, we applied for SIN three days after we got COPR in Edmonton office, and a new official number was printed on paper, the card will be sent to our place in two weeks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
yadi said:
But our sponsorship application was done inland, we applied for SIN three days after we got COPR in Edmonton office, and a new official number was printed on paper, the card will be sent to our place in two weeks
I known I saw that. I think the person who processed your SIN probably overlooked the fact you applied inland. I suspect that person thought you applied outland and process your application, really by mistake. You got lucky.

Screech339

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
nairaboy said:
Mimi I am so happy for u and urs! God is wonderful and He does things in his own time! I am so glad to hear the news!
I just sent in my police report from nigeria few days ago! Ur husband will have to get someone trust worthy in Nigerian to go get it for him, it's done in Lagos, the name of the station is Alagbon in Lagos ur husband should know what am talking about, his going to need a finger print form sent to him and I think he cld also go to the RMCP and do the finger print and let them know he will be sending it to Nigeria! If u need any other info let me know! Cheers

Thank you everyone !

Nairaboy: Thank you, his timing is certainly perfect! Thanks for the support . To clarify ur response on the police certificate, he'll have to get fingerprints done here in Canada and mailed to Nigeria for the police certificate? Lol, yes we'll definitely have it done by a trusted friend.