+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

giraffe89

Jan 12, 2013
Got a letter today from Kitchener office my landing date is Oct. 25th!!!! Only got DM on friday! Super happy how fast things are happening!!!

fedepinedo

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
giraffe89 said:
Got a letter today from Kitchener office my landing date is Oct. 25th!!!! Only got DM on friday! Super happy how fast things are happening!!!

congratulations........ when did you applied???????

Singhh

Sep 25, 2012
Comflakes said:
I finally heard from CIC since I haven't gotten AIP yet and I sent in my application last October. Turned out CIC emailed 4th of Sepetember asking for more documents. I never saw the email cause it was in my spam. The agent I spoke with today just told me about the the mail. I checked it wasn't in my inbox but my spam. A month of extra delay and anxious waiting.

Among the additional information needed, they want statutory declaration from people who know I and my partner. Just to confirm that we are indeed in a genuine relationship and it is a continuous one.

Does anyone know what the statutory declaration letter entails aside from friends and family writing that they do know our relationship is genuine? Do the letters need to be notarized or it involves more legal info?
Comflakes said:
I finally heard from CIC since I haven't gotten AIP yet and I sent in my application last October. Turned out CIC emailed 4th of Sepetember asking for more documents. I never saw the email cause it was in my spam. The agent I spoke with today just told me about the the mail. I checked it wasn't in my inbox but my spam. A month of extra delay and anxious waiting.

Among the additional information needed, they want statutory declaration from people who know I and my partner. Just to confirm that we are indeed in a genuine relationship and it is a continuous one.

Does anyone know what the statutory declaration letter entails aside from friends and family writing that they do know our relationship is genuine? Do the letters need to be notarized or it involves more legal info?

In my case I had the following friends and family members write free hand letters stating me and my sponsor Common law partner's relation and I am through the AIP stage:

My Friend from Alberta who has visited us once
My friend from college who knew my sponsor as well
My another friend from college
My first cousin
My partner's sister
My partner's mother
My Partner's friend

These letter's we're not notarized but there is no harm in notarizing them. It's costs.
All The Best!

Thanks

Thanks

Jaimeirl

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-12-12
AOR Received.
22-1-13
Med's Request
24-10-13
Med's Done....
Nov 12 and 18-11-13
LANDED..........
11-06-14
Loving all the movement and activity here lately,hurry up and get in to December already

mahnova

Jun 3, 2013
Hey Singh,

I had called CIC to get info about that a few weeks ago as I was preparing documents for my interview. They told me it just needs to be signed letters from relatives, friends etc with their contact information.
I had three letters which were sent to me by email by my parents , my wife's parents and neighbors.
And the format was as follows:

Date : Date:
Street
apt
town
country

Sub: Stat declaration / Testimony

To Whomsoever it may concern,

para 1

para 2

If you require further information please contact me .........

Name
Signature

I gave that to the immigration officer at my interview and she gladly accepted them.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Mimence777 said:
OMG OMG OMG....after the milionth check for these almost 11 months, there is a light at the end of the tunnel...I have receiced my AIP letter. :eek: ;D :D I am speechless.... I almost cried.

I do have a few questions myself, I have read every single post on this lovely blog and I have learned so much....much more than through the helpess desk calls and website... I am wondering, in the letter says I need to re-do my medicals, which I will do right away, but it didn't mention anything about police clearance from Canada or my home country....does this mean I don't have to re-do them? I mean they have only expired on JUL/29/2013 i think or somewhere there....I have tried calling but I cannot get an agent on the phone...too busy apparantly.

Also, it says on the letter that I can apply for study permit, so am I going to be considered a permanent resident status student or not? Or should I wait to get my PR first to apply for school?

And lastly...how do I get my temp SIN?

Prepare yourself, November applicants, your turn is coming... ;D
Congratulations!!!!! ;D...there is 4 of us who applied on the 16th and you are the first in the group!!!....so exciting as I know am really close now too!! :D God is great!!!!!!!!!!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
qosmio said:
Congrats to Northvancouverestonian. You must be frustrated when not getting the appointment mail. I hope they don't do it again (with me & others :-X).

I've just got a reply from CIC today: "A review of our electronic immigration system indicates that your application was approved in September and an appointment for you to become a permanent resident will be scheduled for you in the next 2 – 4 months."

Hopefully they will contact me soon. Should I call CIC and ask about extension of MSP or I have to redo it after landing? I'm using a visitor insurance since MSP expired in August. Please advise!

Thank you!
Qosmio
I assume you mean MSP in BC. As long as you have an application in process and are living with your spouse, you are covered. http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf - note that you are not covered independently, you must be added as a dependent on your spouse/partner's account with BC MSP (which is best because it's cheaper anyway).

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mahnova said:
Hello Everyone,

I posted a couple of days to share my interview experience. My interview was on 1st Oct 2013.

Today I and my wife received letters from CIC. It doesn't say approval in principal on it. But it says " It has been determined that on October 01, 2013 you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse and common-law partner in Canada class. "

Does that mean this is the Approval in Principal ?

And in another place it says " If preliminary information indicates that you probably meet all statutory reuirements of the Immigration and Refugee protection Act, you will receiver a letter asking you to attend an interview at the CIC centre in your area. A final determination on your application for PR will be made at this interview. This usually occurs about 12 -24 months after the date of your approval in principle was granted ( see paragraph two of this letter). "

Does it really take upto 2 years after AIP for PR ??!

and my wife received a letter basically just explaining that she meets requirement as a sponsor and her responsibilities and when they start ....
That is your AIP letter. You can use it to get provincial health care and also apply for OWP if you haven't done it already if so desired.

screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hey everyone.

Great to see some news coming in. I made a big mistake on the timesheets made for pdf prints. I apparently accidentically deleted the 2 spreadsheets. Lucky for me I had the one main spreadsheet unaffected. So I had to use the main spreadsheet and make copies of it for pdf printing. The pdf by landing was a hassle since I had to re-sort everyone by landing date. Fortunately for me, I still had the pdf print to compare and re-sort quickly.

Anyhoo, the timesheets are updated.

Hope to hear more news today and in the coming weeks.

Screech339

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
screech339 said:
Hey everyone.

Great to see some news coming in. I made a big mistake on the timesheets made for pdf prints. I apparently accidentically deleted the 2 spreadsheets. Lucky for me I had the one main spreadsheet unaffected. So I had to use the main spreadsheet and make copies of it for pdf printing. The pdf by landing was a hassle since I had to re-sort everyone by landing date. Fortunately for me, I still had the pdf print to compare and re-sort quickly.

Screech339
Well done Screech! ;)...it's wonderful to see so many people getting AIP and DM,soon everyone on the forum will be done with this process,can't wait!!! ;D

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
screech339 said:
Hey everyone.

Screech339
Btw,I did my medicals in may,on the 24th!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Mrembo said:
Btw,I did my medicals in may,on the 24th!
Thanks Mrembo for your support. I have the info on the sheet already.

Screech339

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
sounion said:
somewhat complicated question:

Okay, so I am a teacher from the states. I did inland family submitted with OWP back on 29 Nov. Now, in order to get a permanent certification, i need to do 30 credit hours of courses. SO! I found a school that is approved by the certification board and will allow me to do distance education.

so the question(s).

I need to apply for a study permit (or wait 8-12 months for PR to be granted!). Do I need to submit background checks with that application? (honestly would take forever to get the letters AGAIN for Uganda and Bhutan - Bhutan took 6 months to get in my hands :( ). If I get a study permit, am I allowed to go back and forth from Canada to the US without any hinderance to my PR application?

Thanks for any and ALL help. This stuff is so confusing when you have multiple apps going and trying to figure out your status and such.
sounion said:
also after i receive AIP, am granted a new status? currently I am on implied status from the AOR.
Anyone have any insight on these ^ ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sounion said:
Anyone have any insight on these ^ ?
I am sorry that I can't be of much help. If I'm not mistaken, teaching jobs requires you to get apply for a teaching permit from the provinces before you can even be looked at to be hired. So if your courses are less than 6 months to complete, wouldn't that fall under "no study permit" required?

Screech339

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
I have a letter of eligibility from the province saying that when I get a work permit that I will have a teaching certificate. and i have to make up 30 credit hours, roughly a year of school so i'll have to get a study permit if i want to do studies before i get PR. as I am currently a stay at home dad, studying now would be way easier than when I am working.

as I weighed this out, i can get a study permit in roughly 1.5 months and begin studying distance ed. To finish the PR will take almost another year.