Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
canadianthrower said:
Wait a sec...Any medical charges incurred while waiting for AIP are refunded when you get AIP? I haven't heard this before. Is this somewhere on the CIC website?
I don't know.

I've heard that I get refund for medical treatment in my county as a PR of Canada.
But AIP doesn't mean PR status.

Feb 28, 2013
tatey said:
No problem, sent it to Question @ cic.gc.ca

Landed today, got in the building at 8:10 and was out by 8:25...well worth the 14 hour round trip drive though :)

Hey, I sent also a question to above email about the landing appointment timeline, hoping somebody would contact me, but i got a general reply that landing appointments in Vancouver office take 2-6 months to be scheduled

mahnova

Jun 3, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I had asked for some help here on couple of weeks ago regarding my interview for spousal sponsorship (inland). Today we had our interview and I thought I should share the experience here as it may help other people.

Our interview was at Etobicoke suite 300.

So we went to the front desk, lady said someone will be here shortly. Then a guy came asked me to show the letter for interview marked my name and said " please go and have a seat " . I forwarded my hand to get the letter back, as I thought he will give it back to me. Then he said " I will keep that, sir learn to listen in a federal office! " ( in a stern voice ). I smiled back. ( because i thought his comment was unnecessary lol ). Then he said " Sir its not funny. " ( loll in my mind )

Well we both went far away from the front desk and took our seats. My wife said " It didn't start well ". I said " Its fine he is the guy who takes fingerprints and photos, not interview. "

Then a lady came right to me and asked us to come in. ( I dont know how they knew, it was us because there were so many people in that room. I thought they would announce my name. )

Then we went in the room for the interview. She was very pleasant and nice to speak to, so we both very at a good comfort level. Then she took my wife out and asked me questions:

Full name, address, which countries I lived in, how we first met, where did we meet, what did we do that day, who are in her family, did I meet her family, how do i get along with them, who proposed, who was at the marriage, how long we are living together, how do we manage household chores, does my wife speak to my parents, when was the last time she spoke with them, when was the last time i spoke with her parents.

and lots of questions specific to our personal case.

I was being interviewed for about an hour. Then she asked last question : " Did i get married for status "

Then she took me out, got my wife in and told me it will take about the same time.

But actually she was done in 20 minutes.

Then she said, she will give her decision soon and we have to wait for a letter.

I asked her how did my wife's interview go. She smile and said " it was good , it is fine " and said that she cant make a decision right now as she has to go through our documents. ( we provided a huge load of documents )

and thats it she walked us out and wished us good bye.

We are positive that the interview went well and are hoping for a positive reply soon.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Hey guys,

Wanted to let you all know. My husbands PR was refused last night. We rec'd DM on Sunday, got the letter in the mailbox the next day. :mad:
You can see my timeline beside my name.
We will be seeing a lawyer on Monday regarding this decision that we believe was poorly made and hopefully will be able to fight it. Inland apparently you have so many days to do this.
I wish everyone who is still waiting for PR in this thread the best of luck.
Hopefully I'll have some positive updates for you all!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
mahnova said:
Hello Everyone,

I had asked for some help here on couple of weeks ago regarding my interview for spousal sponsorship (inland). Today we had our interview and I thought I should share the experience here as it may help other people.

Our interview was at Etobicoke suite 300.

So we went to the front desk, lady said someone will be here shortly. Then a guy came asked me to show the letter for interview marked my name and said " please go and have a seat " . I forwarded my hand to get the letter back, as I thought he will give it back to me. Then he said " I will keep that, sir learn to listen in a federal office! " ( in a stern voice ). I smiled back. ( because i thought his comment was unnecessary lol ). Then he said " Sir its not funny. " ( loll in my mind )

Well we both went far away from the front desk and took our seats. My wife said " It didn't start well ". I said " Its fine he is the guy who takes fingerprints and photos, not interview. "

Then a lady came right to me and asked us to come in. ( I dont know how they knew, it was us because there were so many people in that room. I thought they would announce my name. )

Then we went in the room for the interview. She was very pleasant and nice to speak to, so we both very at a good comfort level. Then she took my wife out and asked me questions:

Full name, address, which countries I lived in, how we first met, where did we meet, what did we do that day, who are in her family, did I meet her family, how do i get along with them, who proposed, who was at the marriage, how long we are living together, how do we manage household chores, does my wife speak to my parents, when was the last time she spoke with them, when was the last time i spoke with her parents.

and lots of questions specific to our personal case.

I was being interviewed for about an hour. Then she asked last question : " Did i get married for status "

Then she took me out, got my wife in and told me it will take about the same time.

But actually she was done in 20 minutes.

Then she said, she will give her decision soon and we have to wait for a letter.

I asked her how did my wife's interview go. She smile and said " it was good , it is fine " and said that she cant make a decision right now as she has to go through our documents. ( we provided a huge load of documents )

and thats it she walked us out and wished us good bye.

We are positive that the interview went well and are hoping for a positive reply soon.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. That man was very rude to you but I'm glad the interview went well and the good thing is that you are almost done. I'm jealous heh.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
CheshireCats said:
Hey guys,

Wanted to let you all know. My husbands PR was refused last night. We rec'd DM on Sunday, got the letter in the mailbox the next day. :mad:
We will be seeing a lawyer on Monday regarding this decision that we believe was poorly made and hopefully will be able to fight it. Inland apparently you have so many days to do this.
I'm so sorry to hear that CheshireCats. I hope everything workout well for you and your husband.

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
CheshireCats said:
Hey guys,

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Can I ask the specific reason?

Sometimes it doesn't make send for cic to refuse family members.

I hope it will go well.

M

mikeymyke

CheshireCats said:
Hey guys,

I don't think your lawyer can do anything, because you did an inland application, there is no appeal. Unless you find out that CIC made an error in some way. But I'm very surprised they refused his PR without even an interview, CIC normally does not do this unless they can see 100% clearly that the relationship/marriage is fraudulent, or there was a misrepresentation. Seeing as how your hubby is from Australia, that was really surprising to me. I read your previous posts, it seemed your husband has a criminal record of some sort, and he overstayed his visit in Canada for 4 years, I don't know if that had anything to do with the refusal without an interview.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mikeymyke said:
I don't think your lawyer can do anything, because you did an inland application, there is no appeal.
Sigh. This is not true. There is no appeal to the IAD but there is always the right to petition the court for hearing your case. I did it when my first application was refused (FSW).

The grounds for a Court challenge are narrower than for IAD: they can only review the decision of the officer and they generally will not revisit the factual decisions of the officer (they can, but it has to be pretty egregious). On the other hand, if the decision does not meet the requirements of procedural fairness the Court can (and will) overturn the decision of the officer, in which case it is returned to CIC for re-determination (usually with guidance from the Court as to the procedural expectations of the new review).

Jul 28, 2013
Hello everyone,

Today (Oct 1st 2013 15:48) I received my AIP from CIC. I am assuming it is AIP without DM.

First, My wife (sponsor) received an email stating the she meets the eligibility to sponsor me. Later, I received an email showing that I am eligible to apply for PR.

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.

In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You
must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the
expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and
Immigration Canada Internet web site at cicgcca or contact the Immigration Call
Centre at the number indicated below.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

I sent in my medicals, out of country police record check and OWP with my application.

Am I being asked to submit everything again? Do I just wait for a DM or request of documents email/snailmail?

Thanks all for your support!!

M

mikeymyke

computergeek said:
Sigh. This is not true. There is no appeal to the IAD but there is always the right to petition the court for hearing your case. I did it when my first application was refused (FSW).

The grounds for a Court challenge are narrower than for IAD: they can only review the decision of the officer and they generally will not revisit the factual decisions of the officer (they can, but it has to be pretty egregious). On the other hand, if the decision does not meet the requirements of procedural fairness the Court can (and will) overturn the decision of the officer, in which case it is returned to CIC for re-determination (usually with guidance from the Court as to the procedural expectations of the new review).
Yes that's why I said, the decision is final, unless it was found that they had made an error in some way.

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
waitinginanticipation said:
Hello everyone,

Today (Oct 1st 2013 15:48) I received my AIP from CIC. I am assuming it is AIP without DM.

First, My wife (sponsor) received an email stating the she meets the eligibility to sponsor me. Later, I received an email showing that I am eligible to apply for PR.

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you

In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the
expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

I sent in my medicals, out of country police record check and OWP with my application.

Am I being asked to submit everything again? Do I just wait for a DM or request of documents email/snailmail?

Hi! When did you submit your application? And did you get an email too of an AOR before?

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
mikeymyke said:
I don't think your lawyer can do anything, because you did an inland application, there is no appeal. Unless you find out that CIC made an error in some way. But I'm very surprised they refused his PR without even an interview, CIC normally does not do this unless they can see 100% clearly that the relationship/marriage is fraudulent, or there was a misrepresentation. Seeing as how your hubby is from Australia, that was really surprising to me. I read your previous posts, it seemed your husband has a criminal record of some sort, and he overstayed his visit in Canada for 4 years, I don't know if that had anything to do with the refusal without an interview.
There are a few errors we believe. Firstly the same guy from local office that refused us requested additional documents (the letter he also sent us that we rec'd on Aug. 22nd was NOT dated) that would allow us to prove H&C considerations before making a final decision. He gave us 30 days to do so. Local office rec'd them well within that time frame. As far as we're concerned he did not receive them or take them into consideration, one or the other. I have Canada post working on an investigation regarding this.
My husband has been on a TRP and OWP for 2 years. That should have helped with overcoming the inadmissibility.

I should have used a lawyer from the get-go but financially it was not possible.
Computergeek has been of more help then I can even imagine in the last couple days regarding our situation and for that I am eternally grateful!

I will let you all know how things go.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to aadhalla and dawnng on their landing and becoming PR today.

Screech339

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
waitinginanticipation said:
Hello everyone,

partner in Canada class.

No, it doesn't appear they are asking for any more documentation from you, only telling you what they will be doing to continue to process your application.