06-Mar-2013
File Transfer...
07-Mar-2013 <br><i>- to Vancouver CIC (BRO)</i>
Med's Request
16-May-2013<br><i>- sent with original application</i>
Med's Done....
11-Jan-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2013 (at Local CIC) <br><i> - AIP verbally approved at interview !! </i><br>AIP & OWP Rec'd: 10-May-2013<br>RCMP Check Req'd: 02-Aug-2013 <br><i>- sent 14-Aug-2013</i><br>DM: Rec'd letter 24-Oct-2013 <br><i>- letter dated 21-Oct-2012</i><br>Landing Interview/PR Rec'd: 12-Nov-2013<br>Rec'd PR card in mail: 18-01-2012
arhel said:
I feel great,finally got something from CIC yesterday, we're going to have interview next week also at Etobicoke office. Just have some issues to ask to anyone, attached to the letter of interview is a long list of docs needs to bring. We already submitted those docs like copy of landing paper, copy of marriage cert, pics etc. when we initially submit our application at vegreveille. Do we really have to provide them again at the local office? Or is it only a general guide they attached on every letter they send out?
With regards to the interview how long usually it takes and what are the possible questions they might want to ask?
Screech 339 can you add me to your list. Thanks
We got the same letter for an interview before AIP at local office last April. (and wondered the same thing). We took all the documents they asked for to the interview with us, even though we knew they had copies of them with our application. I asked about it and the officer said that they do like to see the originals. Of the list, the only thing he really looked at was our marriage license and my husband's (applicant) passport. Congrats and good luck on your interview. Be prepared though.. our interview was intense and they asked us everything imaginable ... it was about 2-3hrs long altogether if i remember correctly (questioning us separately at first, then together at the end). Don't be nervous, just be yourself, answer honestly and you will do fine. He verbally approved us for AIP after all the interviewing was done, and we received the official letter in the mail about 2 wks afterwards.

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Kayvanblue said:
i am in your boat....you are not alone....
Thanks guys! I know that I am not alone but.....it`s hard.
Congratulations, Liz....enjoy with your family! I can imagine how happy you are. I didn`t see my son almost two years, too :(e week
Have nice week to all......with a lot of AIP and DM!!

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
Hello, everyone. Having been on the site for so long.. Just because I'd decided to keep my mind elsewhere, not thinking of this long immigration process all the time. But today I finally got an e-mail from immigration. Here what its says:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation
of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be
prepared to submit the total fee of $490.00. Fees can be paid online at www.cic.gc.ca.
You must print a receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in
Etobicoke when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence
document.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

I mean, of course, at this point any correspondence from CIC is welcome. But I am kinda confused.. Its not really the invitation to the interview, and the decision has not been made, it is just the notification that my "application has been completed." Maybe someone received such letter during their process and they could tell me, is this a good sign?

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
It is DM! Congrats!

um_dunno said:
Hello, everyone. Having been on the site for so long.. Just because I'd decided to keep my mind elsewhere, not thinking of this long immigration process all the time. But today I finally got an e-mail from immigration. Here what its says:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation
of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be
prepared to submit the total fee of $490.00. Fees can be paid online at www.cic.gc.ca.
You must print a receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in
Etobicoke when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence
document.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

I mean, of course, at this point any correspondence from CIC is welcome. But I am kinda confused.. Its not really the invitation to the interview, and the decision has not been made, it is just the notification that my "application has been completed." Maybe someone received such letter during their process and they could tell me, is this a good sign?

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
One more thing. If decision has been made, does that mean that there is going to be no interview? Or do we still have to go through it?

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
I'm fairly sure the DM is positive since they are requesting you pay the RPRF. The only interview you have to wait for now is the landing interview :)
um_dunno said:
One more thing. If decision has been made, does that mean that there is going to be no interview? Or do we still have to go through it?

arhel

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-01-2012 and 28-09-2014
Interview........
12-09-2013
dawlex said:
We got the same letter for an interview before AIP at local office last April. (and wondered the same thing). We took all the documents they asked for to the interview with us, even though we knew they had copies of them with our application. I asked about it and the officer said that they do like to see the originals. Of the list, the only thing he really looked at was our marriage license and my husband's (applicant) passport. Congrats and good luck on your interview. Be prepared though.. our interview was intense and they asked us everything imaginable ... it was about 2-3hrs long altogether if i remember correctly (questioning us separately at first, then together at the end). Don't be nervous, just be yourself, answer honestly and you will do fine. He verbally approved us for AIP after all the interviewing was done, and we received the official letter in the mail about 2 wks afterwards.
@dawlex
Thank you for the advise. We started sorting all the documents listed, providing copies (again) and putting all originals on a separate file. Would you mine to tell me some questions they asked in the 2hrs (too long, and nerve wrecking) interview they conducted? You know husband (males of course) are not really in details that's why he kind make a list of his answer to some of my personal details he needs to really know by heart haaays. I told him not to memorize it or else it mgiht appear like it's scripted, right?

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
wortip said:
I'm fairly sure the DM is positive since they are requesting you pay the RPRF. The only interview you have to wait for now is the landing interview :)
Oh, more great news) No interview, so I imagine the next step for us is to just wait for a letter with the date of landing? And the instructions on the process of landing will be provided there in the letter I assume? I do not know how do I "land", since I am inside the country, cross the border and reenter? And landing interview will take place at the border?
Sorry for all of these bizarre questions) Thank you so much for info, I am happy we finally close to the end of all this. :)

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
The Etobicoke office should be mailing you a letter stating when and where to show up for the landing interview. The letter should instruct you of what to bring etc. Make sure to pay the RPRF and keep the receipt for the landing appointment. When the other experienced members wake from their slumber, they'll be able to share more information with you. Congratulations again on this milestone :D

um_dunno said:
Oh, more great news) No interview, so I imagine the next step for us is to just wait for a letter with the date of landing? And the instructions on the process of landing will be provided there in the letter I assume? I do not know how do I "land", since I am inside the country, cross the border and reenter? And landing interview will take place at the border?
Sorry for all of these bizarre questions) Thank you so much for info, I am happy we finally close to the end of all this. :)

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
wortip said:
The Etobicoke office should be mailing you a letter stating when and where to show up for the landing interview. The letter should instruct you of what to bring etc. Make sure to pay the RPRF and keep the receipt for the landing appointment. When the other experienced members wake from their slumber, they'll be able to share more information with you. Congratulations again on this milestone :D
Thank you! ;)

sweetsher

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
congrats to all those who heard gud news. am happy for u guys and sad for myself at the time! I just pray I get dm soon,. am tired of this whole process but am staying positive :D. keeping my fingers crossed for next week

dawlex

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
06-Mar-2013
File Transfer...
07-Mar-2013 <br><i>- to Vancouver CIC (BRO)</i>
Med's Request
16-May-2013<br><i>- sent with original application</i>
Med's Done....
11-Jan-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2013 (at Local CIC) <br><i> - AIP verbally approved at interview !! </i><br>AIP & OWP Rec'd: 10-May-2013<br>RCMP Check Req'd: 02-Aug-2013 <br><i>- sent 14-Aug-2013</i><br>DM: Rec'd letter 24-Oct-2013 <br><i>- letter dated 21-Oct-2012</i><br>Landing Interview/PR Rec'd: 12-Nov-2013<br>Rec'd PR card in mail: 18-01-2012
arhel said:
@ dawlex
Thank you for the advise. We started sorting all the documents listed, providing copies (again) and putting all originals on a separate file. Would you mine to tell me some questions they asked in the 2hrs (too long, and nerve wrecking) interview they conducted? You know husband (males of course) are not really in details that's why he kind make a list of his answer to some of my personal details he needs to really know by heart haaays. I told him not to memorize it or else it mgiht appear like it's scripted, right?
I sent u a PM. Good luck with your interview! :D

Vincy boy

Jun 28, 2013
i recieved an email today stating that my applicant for spouse/common law sponsorship has been completed and my local office which is etobicoke will contact me concerning my permanent residence status......................

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
Congrats!

Vincy boy said:
i recieved an email today stating that my applicant for spouse/common law sponsorship has been completed and my local office which is etobicoke will contact me concerning my permanent residence status......................