20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadaeh1234 said:
yes i think that's what it means.. do you have any idea roughly when cic reissues a new one? or are you familiar with this kind of case?
Unforuately no. I haven't has the knowledge or experience on this situation. Perhaps computergeek may be able to answer your question as he has been around the block longer than me.

Screech339

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
hazard said:
Does anyone have any experience with the backlog office in Vancouver for files transferred from vegreville
YES I am one of them. I got DM last April 9, Vegreville issued a COPR for me to get landed but Vancouver was very slow and mine expired last JUly 23 because they didn't schedule me. SO now I have to wait for Vegreville to reissue a new COPR for me to land. and it really is pissing me off.

hazard

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
I have not received DM yet. I got AIP in November 2012 . But vegreville transferred my file to Vancouver. I live in Toronto. Any experiences on that.

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
called CIC today, since its been over 8 months after AIP.
The agent said the deadline is August 15th because they didnt get police clearance from home country untnil Dec 15th. The 8 months begins when they have all the info required for stage II.

She said to call on August 16th if we don't hear anything in the next two weeks :)

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
So what exactly do they have to do to complete stage 1? Is the background check and medical part of stage 2?

sierra222

Jul 27, 2013
The sponsorship was approved on July 10, 2013. A medical is not required to be submitted with the application for common law sponsorship and they have not requested one. I have read that inland spousal sponsorships don't always require a medical. It took 14 months to get approval for sponsorship so hoping they had been working on applicant security check etc at same time. Office is Vegreville and we currently live in Fort McMurray.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sierra222 said:
The sponsorship was approved on July 10, 2013. A medical is not required to be submitted with the application for common law sponsorship and they have not requested one. I have read that inland spousal sponsorships don't always require a medical. It took 14 months to get approval for sponsorship so hoping they had been working on applicant security check etc at same time. Office is Vegreville and we currently live in Fort McMurray.
That's great news. I think you may be one of the rare case whereby you can land in Canada without a medical test. Everywhere I read online says "if you apply for permanent residence, you must have an immigration medical exam", "if you apply to immigrate to Canada, you must have a medical exam before you come to canada".

I would like you to post a link whereby you may not require a medical to sponsor a PR. I know you are not required to submit medical or even police check with your application. So far from what I have gathered here, all came back requested medical to get done.

I don't mean to discourage you on your process. If you are able to land without a medical test, all the bests. However be prepared to show up at landing only to be told that you cannot become PR until you get your medical test done if they noticed you didn't have one done. This may be a result of an oversight on CIC agent's part in processing a DM due to catching up on backlog.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
torontoinlander said:
Has anyone heard of a case for rescheduling the landing interview for an earlier date than schedule?

Thanks
Yes there are cases whereby they reschedule you earlier. You have to show proof why you need an eariler date. They will likely accomodiate you if you can have goof reasons to book earlier. One case asked to book earlier due to booked vacation outside Canada (visa-exempted country).

Screech339

k84

Jul 31, 2012
hi screech339, just have a question from u did u had ur landing interview at etobicoke? i have mine tomorrow.can u plz let me know what was written in ur letter. my letter says that "we are pleased to inform u that a final decision on ur pr application will b done in a interview. plz bring valid passport,ur spouse, 2pr photos and ur temp sin. is this landing interview???

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@sierra
I'd do myself a huge favour by calling CIC to ensure that you don't need a medical. If they don't request a medical from you by their error they'll want you to assume the blame because thwyre gonna argue that medical is required for immigrating to Canada. It'll only cost you more time and gets you angrysoso deal with it now

@Everyone
It'd my favourite day of the week; the day before the website is updated

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
k84 said:
hi screech339, just have a question from u did u had ur landing interview at etobicoke? i have mine tomorrow.can u plz let me know what was written in ur letter. my letter says that "we are pleased to inform u that a final decision on ur pr application will b done in a interview. plz bring valid passport,ur spouse, 2pr photos and ur temp sin. is this landing interview???
Hi k84

Yes we landed in Etobicoke. We had the same letter. It also stated day and time of interview. I only brought my drivers licence, I'm the sponsor. My wife brought her landing letter, her 2 pr pics, her visitor records and passport. Even brought her Ontario Drivers licence too. They only asked my ID for identity purpose and reminded me about the financial obligations of sponsorship. They asked my wife 3 questions,"have you have any children other than those listed in application", "have you been denied entry into Canada or any other country?" and "have you been convicted in Canada?" that was it. She signed initials on COPR confirming questions asked and signed on bottom. She became PR. Told to go back to wait area and wait to get called for SIN processing.

Whole thing took about 20 mins tops including getting called back to another booth for SIN processing.

Good luck to you. Make sure you show up early before your time.

regards,

screech339

k84

Jul 31, 2012
thank you soo much.its soo much relief after hearing from u.
i will update everything tommorow.............fingers crosseddddddddddddd