07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
screech339 said:
I got to say getting a DM without having a medical test done/submitted is very very unusual. Unless I am wrong, I don't think anyone has ever gotten a PR without getting a medical check done. Getting a DM before medical test is done doesn't sound good to me.

Screech339
I agree with Screech. CIC says 'Immigrate to Canada, you must have a medical exam before you come to Canada'. Even if you are already in Canada, medical exam is needed.

Sierra, may I ask you? When did you send your applications? When did you get your AIP? Which province and which city do you live? Have you called CIC and asked your question? Sorry for a lot of questions.

I hope your DM is good one.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Screech

I think sierra is speaking about DM under sponsor and not applicant. As far as I'm concerned, a background check is the only thing waived under immigration laws because of some applicant's minor age. All applicants must undergo medical examination. It's mandatory regardless of age

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
jiggyzealous said:
@ gold moon
So I take it that mine will too since we have the same timeline. It's a heartless situation. This government is heartless to prospective citizens
Jiggy I got so sad that I had to jump on the phone to call my sister just to have someone to talk to so I won't lose my mind thinking about it. God knows I can't see why CIC is doing this to us. It feels almost inhumane and brutal. Today am 9 months waiting so it means I have to wait in total 13 months for AIP.

I don't even want to say "maybe I'll get it before " because CIC has already proven that they are unreliable and unpredictable and frankly I can't stand being constantly disappointed like this..... I have my sanity to protect.....

I don't know if anyone is looking forward to see what the change would be on October 8, 2013 but I am. I am so anxious to see if they gonna say they're still working on October 8 2012 applications. I guess they need one full year to deal with applications received that day.

Yesterday I read on this thread there is someone who applied on October 9, 2012.... my heart goes out to you too seeing you are so close by a day yet so far smh....

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ Screech

I think sierra is speaking about DM under sponsor and not applicant. As far as I'm concerned, a background check is the only thing waived under immigration laws because of some applicant's minor age. All applicants must undergo medical examination. It's mandatory regardless of age
@jiggy,

You are right. It is possible that sierra has mistaken the DM status for sponsor as an DM status for applicant. If sierra is referring to online DM status as a sponsor, then that is a completely different scenario, different ballgame. A DM for a sponsor only says that the sponsor qualifies as a PR sponsor for his/her spouse/common-law and that's it. The rest get shifted to the applicant's status until PR is completed.

However if sierra is an applicant and has as applicant waiting for PR has gotten DM before getting medical test done, that spells trouble.

Screech339

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
ichbinella said:
just to catch up a bit.. i got my DM (email) on 26 Jun 2013, and today, i got a snail mail by VANCOUVER office asking me for an interview in mid August....

(two weeks ago when i called, they said it takes 5-6 months..)

is there anything bad happened to my case??

and is it normal to see no requirement in the letter that the sponsor had to attend the interview?!??!?!?! i am so scared now as things come out of expectation (i expect to wait till Dec 2013 to get this letter)
you are very lucky. me i got dm aPRIL 9 BUT NO APPOINTMENT DATE YET.

ntonchu

Dec 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2012
Doc's Request.
24-09-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
Med's Request
23-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012
ichbinella said:
THANK you so much!!!! Your words comfort me a lot! U know, i'm really more scared, anxious than happy when i read the letter, and the worst thing is, they never put in a hotline just in case sth. really mess up.

SO, i will now focus on preparing the necessary documents and hope for a smooth interview.

i know i shouldnt panic, but i dunno why i just feel so weird now.
Ichbinella, congrats my dear I am so positive because I too am waiting for a landing date. Remember CIC is trying to decentralise by sending their officers to small cities to do landing, so I believe this has cleared a lot of work for the Vancouver office. I am happy for you and I believe God my landing letter is next.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
I don't know if I should be happy or sad today because Vancouver office is slowly catching up with landing. or sad because i have waited too long for this and mine was not done yet.

ANyway.. Congrats @ichinibella for your landing! All the best! :)

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
AIP+OWP+ DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
i also had an answer from MP office to regarding my case. "Your application is in queue, background check in process, medicals are not received. You will be contacted if needed"

I know that my medicals are there - CIC agent told me, they are not matched with my application!!!
White kind of background check are the doing if I'm still waiting for AIP????
And no time frames.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
So I just called CIC today, and I was informed that the COPR that Vegreville issued to Vancouver office expired last July 23, 2013. and now I have to wait again until Vegreville issues another one. I am very sad. Does anybody here knows what is the timeline of issuing a COPR once your application has been approved because, I don't know what to do.

Also my OWP has been approved so it means I can't get refunded.

Oh my.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadaeh1234 said:
So I just called CIC today, and I was informed that the COPR that Vegreville issued to Vancouver office expired last July 23, 2013. and now I have to wait again until Vegreville issues another one. I am very sad. Does anybody here knows what is the timeline of issuing a COPR once your application has been approved because, I don't know what to do.

Also my OWP has been approved so it means I can't get refunded.

Oh my.
I honestly didn't think that there was even an expiration date on your COPR form. I was told by agent to hold on to it in a safe place to be used for canada citizenship papers. And I assume the COPR can be used to replace lost PR card. If it has an expiration date, it, in theory, cannot be used after it expires.

Screech339

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
screech339 said:
I honestly didn't think that there was even an expiration date on your COPR form. I was told by agent to hold on to it in a safe place to be used for canada citizenship papers. And I assume the COPR can be used to replace lost PR card. If it has an expiration date, it, in theory, cannot be used after it expires.

Screech339
Hmmm I have not been given any landing dates yet, maybe this COPR was issued by vegreville to vancouver office for them to schedule me a landing but since they didn't, it expired last July 23 and now I have to wait for Vegreville to issue a new one so I can land. which really sucks! did you hear anything like this before?

Mhalik

Dec 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
screech339 said:
I don't see any harm in renewing your OWP. However I believe, assuming you had OWP prior to applying for PR sponsorship, you would be under implied status with your OWP. Thus you should not need to renew your OWP since you are stuck in "work visa" under futher notice.

Screech339
Thanks screech .

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadaeh1234 said:
Hmmm I have not been given any landing dates yet, maybe this COPR was issued by vegreville to vancouver office for them to schedule me a landing but since they didn't, it expired last July 23 and now I have to wait for Vegreville to issue a new one so I can land. which really sucks! did you hear anything like this before?
I think the expiration time is meant for a period of time when the COPR is issued from Vegreville to the time it arrives in your hamd at landing before it becomes "activated" if you will. Sort of like getting a temporary password to be used within set timeframe.

Screech339

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
screech339 said:
I think the expiration time is meant for a period of time when the COPR is issued from Vegreville to the time it arrives in your hamd at landing before it becomes "activated" if you will. Sort of like getting a temporary password to be used within set timeframe.

Screech339
yes i think that's what it means.. do you have any idea roughly when cic reissues a new one? or are you familiar with this kind of case?

hazard

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Does anyone have any experience with the backlog office in Vancouver for files transferred from vegreville