20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi everyone,

I want to give everyone a heads up that as of Friday 5pm, I will not be able to update the timesheets for 2 weeks. I will be on vacation during this time. I will keep the last posting in favorites so that when I come back from the trip I will be able to catch up on everyone's status. I think it is best whenever possible to send me a PM of your status change/update. This way it is easier for me to get the updates over reading through all the pages.

Screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
jiggyzealous said:
But I strongly believe that for most ppl DM and AIP will come at the same time
Oh, how I hooooope you're right! That would make my whole year! My father-in-law is sending us links and questions about vacation properties, as they want to take a big family vacation next March. I adore my in-laws, but he's driving me a bit nuts. There is NO WAY I can give him any kind of idea about whether I'll be able to travel or not. I'm trying not to crush his dream for a big vacation, but I'm beginning to feel, as I approach 9 months with no AIP, that there's no way I'll be able to travel by March. *sigh* But if AIP and DM came together... Ugh, I don't know if it's better to hope or just give up hope completely.

ntonchu

Dec 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2012
Doc's Request.
24-09-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
Med's Request
23-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012
yffAm said:
My MP forwarded me the reply from the Visa Office in Manila and this is what it says. I just want to share it to all of you. And also can somebody explain what the meaning of this message pls. thank you!
Didn't had a chance to talk to my MP when they emailed me this and I can't wait until tomorrow to know more about this reply. Is this a good sign?

Dear Mr. (MP),

Please be advised that instructions on the application kit will be sent to the overseas dependent shortly.

We trust this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section - Section de l'immigration
Embassy of Canada, Manila - Ambassade du Canada, Manille
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200, Philippines
Fax: (632) 843-1094
www.philippines.gc.ca
I believe the visa office will contact your dependent very soon. Did you contact your MP? I guess your MP contacted them concerning your dependent.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Hi, I called in to CIC Call Center this morning because they told me to call July 10 since 3 months has passed since I got my DM and now I found out that they extended landing up to 5-6 months already! I am really very disappointed with what Vancouver office is doing right now.

They should informed applicants that it's been extended not, just like this. Called in last week, it's three months, now it's 6 months?

Very disappointed and sad, because I have confirmed school already this September.

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Is CIC deliberately trying to put a strain on all of us. No AIP's and long landing time 3-6 months......rediculous

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Can anyone explain to me what "active" means in background check. Call centre said my background check is active

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
canadaeh1234 said:
Hi, I called in to CIC Call Center this morning because they told me to call July 10 since 3 months has passed since I got my DM and now I found out that they extended landing up to 5-6 months already! I am really very disappointed with what Vancouver office is doing right now.

They should informed applicants that it's been extended not, just like this. Called in last week, it's three months, now it's 6 months?

Very disappointed and sad, because I have confirmed school already this September.
Really??!! :'( soooo frustrating, I do too was counting getting the letter the next week since will be 3 months for me July 16th , and we were planning going to my home country for Xmas this really sucks, I don't like to complain but it's ridiculous, I thought it will be done my now at least with the interview. Bad bad news, and you know I called yesterday and the guy just told call next week if you haven't get your letter yet, instead of telling me the true and not playing around like the 30 min waiting on the phone is fun!!! Aghhhhh does somebody please have any idea what we can do to "accelerate" this.

Thanks

Deepcove

Sep 22, 2012
Hello everyone,

It seems that I'm the only one left without a DM in this thread. I past my usual processing time and, thus, called CIC to inquire. The call has worked. Within a week I receive an email from them that I need your help to understand what does it mean.

The email titled: permanent residence authorized: ########

We are pleased to advice you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in ****** will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

The right of permanent residence fee of $490 is require before you become a permanent resident of Canada. .......

So, is this a typical DM letter or what? it says that I have a temporary permanent resident status for a couple of months !

Your advice guys? how am I going to be contacted by the office? Do my spouse (the sponsor) has to present with me?

Thanks

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Deepcove said:
Hello everyone,

It seems that I'm the only one left without a DM in this thread. I past my usual processing time and, thus, called CIC to inquire. The call has worked. Within a week I receive an email from them that I need your help to understand what does it mean.

We are pleased to advice you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in ****** will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

The right of permanent residence fee of $490 is require before you become a permanent resident of Canada. .......

So, is this a typical DM letter or what? it says that I have a temporary permanent resident status for a couple of months !

Your advice guys? how am I going to be contacted by the office? Do my spouse (the sponsor) has to present with me?

Thanks
Congrats! that is your DM. Yours probably just took a bit longer because you didn't pay the RPRF in advance or many other reasons.
The listed CIC office will snail mail you a letter of appointment of landing, on the day of landing your sponsor will have to be with you to confirm the undertaking. (This is what people advised me too, cause I am also waiting for a landing appointment)

So happy for you! :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Deepcove said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Congrats Deepcove. That is a Decision Made letter. Next step is to wait for snail mail from local CIC office for a landing interview appointment date. It can take up to 4-6 weeks. Sometimes much much longer depending on where you are landing. Some offices are quick, others up to 3 to 6 months wait just to get a letter.

Screech339

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Karito said:
Really??!! :'( soooo frustrating, I do too was counting getting the letter the next week since will be 3 months for me July 16th , and we were planning going to my home country for Xmas this really sucks, I don't like to complain but it's ridiculous, I thought it will be done my now at least with the interview. Bad bad news, and you know I called yesterday and the guy just told call next week if you haven't get your letter yet, instead of telling me the true and not playing around like the 30 min waiting on the phone is fun!!! Aghhhhh does somebody please have any idea what we can do to "accelerate" this.

Thanks
Indeed! I am very saddened with what they are doing to inland applicants, especially vancouver, i mean everything is done, the only thing we are waiting for is to get landing date and it takes so much time.

I am confused too because it is so easy for them to change the landing right away..without even thinking of the agony they are extending for the people who patiently waited for the process.

i just hope we get to land very soon.

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Be thankful... we are still stuck at application recieved after 8 months.

Deepcove

Sep 22, 2012
screech339 said:
Congrats Deepcove. That is a Decision Made letter. Next step is to wait for snail mail from local CIC office for a landing interview appointment date. It can take up to 4-6 weeks. Sometimes much much longer depending on where you are landing. Some offices are quick, others up to 3 to 6 months wait just to get a letter.

Screech339
Thank you. By the way, my status on the e-cas didn't change yet !

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
ntonchu said:
I believe the visa office will contact your dependent very soon. Did you contact your MP? I guess your MP contacted them concerning your dependent.
Yes they did contacted them regarding our application bcoz I havent received anything yet from cic since I got my aip from januaty 2013. I really hope they will send my dependent the apli ation kit just like what they said on their email.

Deepcove

Sep 22, 2012
Hello friends,

I just paid my RPRF online. However, something silly happened. I couldn't log in nor recover my password although I have provided the correct recovery answers. So I registered using another email and paid the fees yet I don't remember it asking me to enter my Client Identification Number. So how would they associate this payment with my application? Is my application going to be suspended until I pay?