App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
After 2 weeks contact with MP, today I got an email saying my application has been finished. The only proplem is i registered school for this fall already, and aslo paid the deposit. Is there anyway I can go to school without the landing interview? My local office is Vancouver, i know it's very busy ;(. I dont know what should I do now?! Can anybody give me an idea?

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrazzzyCatLady said:
Hello people of the forum!
We applied inland and have a very stupid question =)) I looked at the spreadsheet with different people's processing times and some of them were really quick (which is fantastic!). We applied last October and they received our application on Oct 9 :-\ (lucky us hehehe). So is it the combined 6+8 = 14 months waiting or is it 8 months?

Cheers, CrazyCatLady (I had trouble coming up with something not taken =))
It's combined.

And right now, people have been waiting 8 months and not yet gotten their AIP, so it's more like 16 months altogether.

That may change, but that's what it is right now.

Best of luck!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
meowmeow said:
After 2 weeks contact with MP, today I got an email saying my application has been finished. The only proplem is i registered school for this fall already, and aslo paid the deposit. Is there anyway I can go to school without the landing interview? My local office is Vancouver, i know it's very busy ;(. I dont know what should I do now?! Can anybody give me an idea?
Congrats meowmeow on getting a DM today.

I am not sure how your situation work. I assume you already have a study visa or implied study status to go to school in September. Anyway I don't see how it is an issue about going to school affect your landing interview. If in the case of you registering without an initial study permit, you may have jumped the gun as you would not be able to study as a visitor in Canada. You may have to wait until last day or cancel your school course if your landing interview is in September.

May I ask what country you are coming from?

@CrazzzyCatLady

Not sure if you are able to take courses using approved papers. In the eyes of Immigration, meowmeow is on implied status based on prior status. If you had a study permit, then you would be on implied study permit until PR process is done. If you were a visitor, you would be on implied visitor status until done. Same goes for Work Visa permit. So unless meowmeow had a study permit prior going on implied status due to sponsorship, she cannot legally take any education courses.

Screech339

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Hi applied for school too this September here in UBC but haven't paid deposit yet. My DM was issued April 9, 2013 and until now, I haven't heard anything from Vancouver office. I too am still waiting for landing so I can visit my parents and go to school.

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
canadaeh1234 said:
Hi applied for school too this September here in UBC but haven't paid deposit yet. My DM was issued April 9, 2013 and until now, I haven't heard anything from Vancouver office. I too am still waiting for landing so I can visit my parents and go to school.
No dm for me yet. exactly 1year this July 3rd.. :( I just called cic and they are still on my background checks for almost 3mos now.

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Thanks for replies, so the people who received their peares in 8 months were just very lucky then. Oh well, at least I did not have to send them my police certificate. BTW my hubby's sponsorship has been approved 2 months ago, so we are just waiting for the DM =))

Cheers, CrazyCatLady

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
screech339 said:
Congrats meowmeow on getting a DM today.

I am not sure how your situation work. I assume you already have a study visa or implied study status to go to school in September. Anyway I don't see how it is an issue about going to school affect your landing interview. If in the case of you registering without an initial study permit, you may have jumped the gun as you would not be able to study as a visitor in Canada. You may have to wait until last day or cancel your school course if your landing interview is in September.

May I ask what country you are coming from?

@ CrazzzyCatLady

Not sure if you are able to take courses using approved papers. In the eyes of Immigration, meowmeow is on implied status based on prior status. If you had a study permit, then you would be on implied study permit until PR process is done. If you were a visitor, you would be on implied visitor status until done. Same goes for Work Visa permit. So unless meowmeow had a study permit prior going on implied status due to sponsorship, she cannot legally take any education courses.

Screech339
Thanks for your answers! I was holding a study permit before. I was attending school until January this year, thats why Im able to register for this fall. My study permit will be expried next month, so Im thinking to tell with school's officer that I will pay as an international student first, when I get my paper they can change my status and give me the refund :D. Im not sure if it woks ;)). Or im thinking to ask my MP for help again but it might be unacceptable :(
P/s: Im coming from Vietnam ;)

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
May i ask on how to contact MP in Vancouver?

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
canadaeh1234 said:
May i ask on how to contact MP in Vancouver?
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Type in your postal code and it will shiow you who your MP is as well as how to contact him/her.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
I sent an email to my MP and asked for help because all of my OWP, SIN, and Care Card is expiring on July 13, 2013.

I am saddened because I can't do anything but wait. I am really just worried, and I want to get through this already.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
@screech339 where did you get the information that if a study permit expires then the student can still keep on studying until final decision is made? My study permit is expiring December this year so that means i can still keep on taking classes until DM for my spousal application? Or would it be better if i just tried to get a renewal but if it is true what you are saying than i would rather not spend money for permit renewal.

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
meowmeow said:
Thanks for your answers! I was holding a study permit before. I was attending school until January this year, thats why Im able to register for this fall. My study permit will be expried next month, so Im thinking to tell with school's officer that I will pay as an international student first, when I get my paper they can change my status and give me the refund :D. Im not sure if it woks ;)). Or im thinking to ask my MP for help again but it might be unacceptable :(
P/s: Im coming from Vietnam ;)
You don't have to pay as an international student. You are entitled to study at the domestic rate once you have received AIP. There is a government website that confirms this, when I find it i'll post the link here. Even without AIP, if your spouse is a citizen you are also entitled to study at the domestic rate.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
@ boredhousewife can you tell me from where you getting this information coz if its true that will be really awesome.

P.S. I just saw you said when you find it you will link it sorry got toooooo excited ;D

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
boredhousewife said:
You don't have to pay as an international student. You are entitled to study at the domestic rate once you have received AIP. There is a government website that confirms this, when I find it i'll post the link here. Even without AIP, if your spouse is a citizen you are also entitled to study at the domestic rate.
Hey, I can't find the statute itself but each school's website will have this information available under international school fees. Below is info from University of Waterloo

Study Permits

The Ontario Government has established a policy of higher tuition fees for international students studying in Ontario on Study Permits. The policy came into effect as of January 1, 1977 and was revised in June 1996. Beginning with the 1996/97 academic year, the higher fees apply to all students, except for those who qualify for exemption under one of the following categories:

A citizen of Canada within the meaning of the Citizenship Act, or a person registered as an Indian1 within the meaning of the Indian Act;
a person who is the dependent2 of a Canadian citizen.
A Permanent Resident within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:
a person who is the dependent2 of a permanent resident of Canada.
a person who has been granted "permanent resident" status and has not had that status revoked; or
a person who has been approved “in principle” for permanent resident status in Canada. Evidence of this is a letter which confirms that Citizenship and Immigration Canada has determined that he/she is eligible for immigration to Canada or meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status in Canada. Such letters must be dated prior to the enrolment count date and presented prior to the enrolment report due date (Winter - February 1, Spring - June 30, Fall - November 1).

there are other categories but i only posted the ones applicable to us.