+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

torontoinlander

Apr 28, 2012
Has anyone received a landing interview letter from Scarborough office recently?

I got my DM on June 25th and was wondering how long it would take to receive a landing letter and landing interview?

Please share your timeline with Scarborough office!

Paul2013

Jun 24, 2013
walter8299 said:
Just want to let everyone know that my wife finally got PR and her SIN as well today.
Thanks for the prayers and support from everyone on this forum.
It is a great relief to the entire family.

The process was simple. This was our day:
Wake up at 6:15am (We live in richmond hill)
Prepare ourselves and the 1 year old little one & leave the house by 6:55am
Drop by mcD to grab breakfast before 7:05am.
Arrive to Scarborough CIC by 7:47am.
Wait at the waiting area and there was like atleast 20 applicants (so atleast 40-50 people). Got into the big room at 8:15am I believe (lost track of time, too excited).
They did an introduction, went over the procedures, hand out the confirmation paper, and ask us to confirm the info. That lasted about 30-40 minutes, then we start to get called up to the officer to finalize our signing. We were the 4th or 5th family as we have a kid.
Things that were asked for:
(1) 2 photos, photo ID
Three questions:
(1) Any undeclare children not in Canada?
(2) Any crime?
(3) Any social assistance?
Things to do:
(1) Initial where we answered yes or no.
(2) sign
Our permits weren't taken away but given back to us.
The lady congrad us and tell us to wait for our name to be called to apply for the SIN.
We waited again at the waiting area from 9:10am until 10:30am, then it was our turn for the SIN application.

Everything is all done for good :)
If anyone ever has any questions for us and need some assistance.
Feel free to drop us a private message, email us at walter.catherine918 @ gmail.com, or even look us up on "walter-catherine cheung" on facebook.
We're always willing to help and if you're in Richmond Hill area, I would gladly look over your application (if you wish) before you sent it out and I will assist based on the best of my knowledge and experience!

:)

Congrats walter8299. So good to know things are moving. Now, you have just to wait for your card. Almost a detail.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
congrats to those who already become permanent residents.. been waiting for vancouver office to contact me but nothing so far, its been 11 weeks of waiting for landing appointment :eek: :(

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Victorswife said:
CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!!!!

To everyone else 6months + with no AIP or DM

Find your Member of Parliment via Postal Code here...They will be at an office close to your house as they represent your community.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

I am the sponsor, I sent in email with no response, so I called and they told me to come in. It took 5 mins... They ask you both to sign a consent form to authorize they can call on your behalf and then they will get back to you when they hear back from CIC. My husband signed it that night.. I took it back the next day.

They will get back to you with whats going on with your case.
I received a call back today from my MP's office. They were no more helpful than the CIC call centre.
Our application is in que for review. She was not sure if it was a first review or final review. There is a chance it hasn't even been looked at.

She asked why the date was stuck on Oct 6 for so long, and she was told it was the sheer amount of TRP being issued in the summer that causes the backlog.
My application just has to wait its turn... and to contanct the MP office again in 6 weeks.

I am hoping the little bit of movement we have seen here this week is the start of the ball rolling. But.. I am not expecting much as they start summer vacations.

CURIOUS WHAT ANYONE ELSE WAS TOLD!???

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@victorswife

Which summer are they speaking about? that's insane

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
Hi all patient friends, i have been absent for a few weeks and now i'm returning with a little piece of good news.

I got email regarding my PR application today and they said Vancouver office will get in touch with me soon. Any idea of how long I should expect the snail letter to arrive? and how much longer to wait for the landing interview?

Hope their strike wont make things harder than it could be.

Nahmed

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Hi guys, I stopped checking my ECAS months ago.

Today (26/june) when I came back from job, I got email from my lawyer with letter of DM!!!

I am speechless, shocked and emotionless........

I want to thank everyone who helped and and answered my questions here.....
I will stick around and keep chatting with you guys....

Best of luck to those still waiting.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Nahmed said:
Hi guys, I stopped checking my ECAS months ago.

Today (26/june) when I came back from job, I got email from my lawyer with letter of DM!!!

I am speechless, shocked and emotionless........

I want to thank everyone who helped and and answered my questions here.....
I will stick around and keep chatting with you guys....

Best of luck to those still waiting.

Congrats Nahmed on getting your DM. Where are you landing? Etobicoke or Scarbrough?
What country are you coming from?

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ichbinella said:
Hi all patient friends, i have been absent for a few weeks and now i'm returning with a little piece of good news.

I got email regarding my PR application today and they said Vancouver office will get in touch with me soon. Any idea of how long I should expect the snail letter to arrive? and how much longer to wait for the landing interview?

Hope their strike wont make things harder than it could be.
Congrats Ichbinella on your DM.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Timesheets are all updated. Looks like DMs are slowing coming in. 2 DMs yesterday. Hopefully some good news today.

Screech339

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
hey! do anyone of you know any good lawyers regarding residency obligation appeals? ive posted in other discussion groups, but no one ever replies. our forums very very helpful! :)

and approximately wats the success rate of appeals/fees?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sarakhans said:
hey! do anyone of you know any good lawyers regarding residency obligation appeals? ive posted in other discussion groups, but no one ever replies. our forums very very helpful! :)

and approximately wats the success rate of appeals/fees?
I don't know of any good lawyers for residency obiligation. I am going to assume that the lawyer is for someone you know that has failed the residency requirements to maintain his/her PR status. I know it doesnt apply to you as you have just landed 3 weeks ago.

Screech339

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
CIC website just updated http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

And they are still working on the October 8, 2013!!!

Suck!!!

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Hello people of the forum!
We applied inland and have a very stupid question =)) I looked at the spreadsheet with different people's processing times and some of them were really quick (which is fantastic!). We applied last October and they received our application on Oct 9 :-\ (lucky us hehehe). So is it the combined 6+8 = 14 months waiting or is it 8 months?

Cheers, CrazyCatLady (I had trouble coming up with something not taken =))

CanUkr

Jun 27, 2013
We are still in the process of dealing with our MP, but they have been looking at it at least. I have had some experience with dealing with government representatives on other issues and each MP is different from another, and sometimes if they think you support another party they'll ignore you... or if they're lazy they'll ignore you... or if they're in opposition they might. Or if they're in government they might think they're secure and do so.

But generally the most successful MPs do their job no matter what party they're in. What I'd suggest is if you don't get an traction from your local MP is email the opposition party's local constituency office (they all generally have local emails and representatives that aren't elected yet but eager to help so that they will win your vote). Or, contact a nearby MP and explain that your local one wouldn't help. Often the second one is best, so I'd do the oppositional candidate option second. Or you can do both!

And if nobody helps then contact the local media. They like finding resons to attack government representatives. CBC has a Go Public program for this sort of situation.

Victorswife said:
I received a call back today from my MP's office. They were no more helpful than the CIC call centre.
Our application is in que for review. She was not sure if it was a first review or final review. There is a chance it hasn't even been looked at.

She asked why the date was stuck on Oct 6 for so long, and she was told it was the sheer amount of TRP being issued in the summer that causes the backlog.
My application just has to wait its turn... and to contanct the MP office again in 6 weeks.

I am hoping the little bit of movement we have seen here this week is the start of the ball rolling. But.. I am not expecting much as they start summer vacations.

CURIOUS WHAT ANYONE ELSE WAS TOLD!???