AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Thank you very much Screech. Now I know. Is there any update on the strike?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
computergeek said:
For inland applications, you know that you can wait for about six months (stage 1 approval) before doing medicals. There's no really good reason for deferring PCCs though because as long as you're in Canada they won't age out your PCC from a different country. For outland applications with VOs that have < 15 month processing times it is best to send it in at the same time because you risk slowing down the process otherwise.

Medicals are good for up to 24 months (12 months initial, plus 12 months extension IF requested within 15 months of the examination).
That's true for the extensions, but you have to bear in mind that you aren't guaranteed an extension on your medical. I've heard of people simply being asked to re-do it depending on their country of origin/residence and how far along the application is.

Agreed about the PCC's though. The only reason I can think for delaying that, is if they take a long time to acquire and you want to get the ball rolling. I do believe that's what "Sweden" from the forums did due to a complex travel history and difficult to procure police documents.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
DGT said:
That's true for the extensions, but you have to bear in mind that you aren't guaranteed an extension on your medical. I've heard of people simply being asked to re-do it depending on their country of origin/residence and how far along the application is.
The rule is that if the medical expiration is the ONLY thing in the way, then they should ask for an extension. But if you're stuck waiting on background checks AND the medical expires, they ask for a new medical.

It's a bit of a crap shoot. I was fortunate - by submitting everything in a single package that they needed to approve the application it went through very quickly. If there had been ANYTHING wrong, they would have dragged it out (indeed, I fully expected an 18-24 month processing time. It was 7 - and that with a 3.5 month sponsor approval time last year.)

So there's no "one size fits all" answer, unfortunately.

DGT said:
Agreed about the PCC's though. The only reason I can think for delaying that, is if they take a long time to acquire and you want to get the ball rolling. I do believe that's what "Sweden" from the forums did due to a complex travel history and difficult to procure police documents.
The risk to not submitting PCCs is that the application can be returned to you as incomplete. It's not NORMALLY, but technically that doesn't constitute a complete application if it doesn't include everything in the check list.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
computergeek said:
The rule is that if the medical expiration is the ONLY thing in the way, then they should ask for an extension. But if you're stuck waiting on background checks AND the medical expires, they ask for a new medical.

It's a bit of a crap shoot. I was fortunate - by submitting everything in a single package that they needed to approve the application it went through very quickly. If there had been ANYTHING wrong, they would have dragged it out (indeed, I fully expected an 18-24 month processing time. It was 7 - and that with a 3.5 month sponsor approval time last year.)

So there's no "one size fits all" answer, unfortunately.

The risk to not submitting PCCs is that the application can be returned to you as incomplete. It's not NORMALLY, but technically that doesn't constitute a complete application if it doesn't include everything in the check list.
Yup! 100% agreed. I know that in "Sweden"'s case, she sent in a letter of explanation with proof that the PCC's were applied for and would be sent in the moment that they were complete.

Ah, CIC. What am I gonna worry about when all this is done?!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
In my opinion, it is worth putting in the police check and medical test in with application. It will help application process to go smoothly. However I can see people waiting later for medical test on account they think the process may take longer than 1 year. But the police check should be submitted with application, in my opinion. Reason for this thinking is that since you are applying inland, you are not suppose to leave Canada. Thus the police check is good and valid while you stay in Canada. You have not left Canada and commit an offense while abroad. If you do leave Canada while it is in process, you risk invalidating your inland process on account that you did not stay in Canada and can also invalid your police check as they won't have any recent offence commited while abroad.

Screech339

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jiggyzealous said:
Apart from drivers license, what other form of address confirmation can be provided at the landing interview? Also, is it the sponsor or applicant asked for address confirmation or both? I'm the applicant and so I need to get an ID in the mean time should I need it
To be honest, I'm not taking a chance on missing anything they might ask for.

We have two big plastic folders full of copies of our application and all the supporting documents and all the correspondence we have had with CIC.

I'm bringing it ALL! Passports, drivers licenses, work permit, marriage license, OHIP cards, SIN numbers - everything!!

:D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
figtoria said:
To be honest, I'm not taking a chance on missing anything they might ask for.

We have two big plastic folders full of copies of our application and all the supporting documents and all the correspondence we have had with CIC.

I'm bringing it ALL! Passports, drivers licenses, work permit, marriage license, OHIP cards, SIN numbers - everything!!

:D
While that seems a bit over the top in bringing all documentations, it is better safe than sorry. However if you did forget something by chance, they will reschedule it. As far as I'm concerned, you really need to bring your PR photos, your ID confirming address, your passport and all immigration issued documents, such as OWP, visitor record, anything issued by CIC as these documents are CIC's property. They can ask for them back probably to destroy them or you get to keep them. Also bring your temporary SIN if you have it in case you can apply for permanent SIN at the office as well.

Screech339

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
screech339 said:
While that seems a bit over the top in bringing all documentations, it is better safe than sorry. However if you did forget something by chance, they will reschedule it. As far as I'm concerned, you really need to bring your PR photos, your ID confirming address, your passport and all immigration issued documents, such as OWP, visitor record, anything issued by CIC as these documents are CIC's property. They can ask for them back probably to destroy them or you get to keep them. Also bring your temporary SIN if you have it in case you can apply for permanent SIN at the office as well.

Screech339
Hi, Screech. What kind of IDs are needed at the landing interview? Just in case, I would like to know it in advance. I'm an applicant. I have a visitor visa. But I don't have any ID issued by Canadian or Provincial government. (I can't get a driver licence in Quebec now. I was told that Quebec doesn't accept a visitor visa to get a driver licence.) So I don't have any ID to confirm my address. Well, I received a letter from MICC when I got my CSQ. In the letter, my address is shown, though......

Your wife was not asked about IDs confirming address. But did CIC ask her to bring something to confirm the address?

Paul2013

Jun 24, 2013
screech339 said:
Morning everyone,

With some news last week with 2 DMs, we are finally getting some movement. I updated the timesheets with figtoria's status updated and marsiangal and Paul2013 added to timesheet.

Screech339
Hi Screech339,

Thank you so much for your answer, this is reassuring. I was born in France, and my wife is a Canadian citizen.

zedekiah08

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
Doc's Request.
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-02-2013
Med's Request
very soon
Med's Done....
none
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
Please add me as well screech39.. Heres my timeline. App received: dec 24, 2012 AOR: Feb 1, 2013 Docts required to fill up request: Jan 22, 2013 and documents mailed to CIC on Feb 22,2013. OWP application mailed with application

Paul2013

Jun 24, 2013
Hi guys,

I have a question. Should I have sent a receipt of payement for my fees (490$) to CIC or do I have to show a copy at the landing appointment? Maybe they are waiting at CIC etobicoke a proof or payment to schedule my appointment, no?

Thanks.

PS : For screech339, I'm living at Brampton.

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
so excited and nervous everyone.
in 8 hours, we are getting our interview at Scarborough CIC.
but my 1 year old lil one just recovered from a fever and has been crying non-stop the last couple hours.
i really hope everything will go through smoothly tomorrow. we need all your prayers :)
hopefully its just a quick 1-2 simple question and we're stamped...

Paul2013

Jun 24, 2013
walter8299 said:
so excited and nervous everyone.
in 8 hours, we are getting our interview at Scarborough CIC.
but my 1 year old lil one just recovered from a fever and has been crying non-stop the last couple hours.
i really hope everything will go through smoothly tomorrow. we need all your prayers :)
hopefully its just a quick 1-2 simple question and we're stamped...
Hi walter,

Don't worry, everything gonna be ok. Anyway, all of us are with you. And as you said, just a quick 1-2 simple question, that's all. Good luck.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Paul2013 said:
Hi guys,

I have a question. Should I have sent a receipt of payement for my fees (490$) to CIC or do I have to show a copy at the landing appointment? Maybe they are waiting at CIC etobicoke a proof or payment to schedule my appointment, no?

Thanks.

PS : For screech339, I'm living at Brampton.
For the etobicoke office we just brought the letter of landing, 2 photos, passport and drivers licence and visitor records. You can bring your receipt of payment for right of landing fee if you haven't paid with application front up.

When you get the letter from etobicoke. It will tell you what to bring along. And it will give you a specific time to show up. You won't have a choice when to show up like some other CIC offices.

Screech339

Paul2013

Jun 24, 2013
screech339 said:
For the etobicoke office we just brought the letter of landing, 2 photos, passport and drivers licence and visitor records. You can bring your receipt of payment for right of landing fee if you haven't paid with application front up.

Screech339
Thank you Screech339. But do you think that I have to send a copy of my receipt of payment to CIC? I Paid by internet and I thought I just had to wait for the appointment at CIC etobicoke. But I read posts saying that maybe you have to send a copy of the receipt to CIC. I'm confused, sorry to insist. Thank you.