+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

downwinder

Feb 9, 2013
some people in the 2011 inland applications threat has received DMs in the last days.... maybe the officers are focusing on closing 2011 applications before retaking 2012 applications.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Whatever the hold up is, I would sure love to see some movement again! I'm at about 7.5 months, and no AIP yet. I can start french classes once I get AIP, which will once again give me some structure in my life. I lose track of the days, haha. Missed trash pick-up day today, because I forgot it was Thursday.

My birthday is next week. The husband is four provinces away on course (again, he'll have spent 6 months of our first year here away from home). Hey CIC, you *could* give me the best b-day present ever and throw AIP my way! :D

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@QuebecOkie

We have similar timelines. Did CIC request your medical and Police certificate or you voluntarily sent it to them? Come the 26th it'll be 8 months for me. Nothing yet. July 29 is my birthday and I'm anticipating a spirited birthday

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
jiggyzealous said:
@ QuebecOkie

We have similar timelines. Did CIC request your medical and Police certificate or you voluntarily sent it to them? Come the 26th it'll be 8 months for me. Nothing yet. July 29 is my birthday and I'm anticipating a spirited birthday

I'm a leo as well.. few days after you!! I would love a nice birthday present from CIC as well!!!

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
jiggyzealous said:
@ QuebecOkie

QuebecOkie said:
Whatever the hold up is, I would sure love to see some movement again! I'm at about 7.5 months, and no AIP yet. I can start french classes once I get AIP, which will once again give me some structure in my life. I lose track of the days, haha. Missed trash pick-up day today, because I forgot it was Thursday.

My birthday is next week. The husband is four provinces away on course (again, he'll have spent 6 months of our first year here away from home). Hey CIC, you *could* give me the best b-day present ever and throw AIP my way! :D
Just curious if you have both called CIC? If you have what did they say?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Hi jiggyzealous,

I got the medical and police certificate after I sent in my app, but before they asked for it. I didn't plan it that way. I just get stupid when I read immigration stuff, and I somehow missed that we were supposed to send in the medical and police certificate. The only communication we've received is a letter to my husband (sponsor) stating that they received our stuff and instructing us to get the CSQ from MICC (we're in Québec; that's a province-specific requirement).

Hi hockeyfan,

I have contacted CIC a couple of times. I emailed them, perhaps a month after we received the CSQ, to make sure that they'd received their copy from MICC. They replied about a week and a half later to say they had. I just called either early this week, or late last week, to see if they'd received my medical and police certificate. The representative was very friendly and tried to be helpful, but she was not able to confirm receipt. (I have confirmation of delivery by Canada Post, but I worry about whether these stray documents will be properly matched up with my file.) She couldn't see anything about those documents being received, and she couldn't give me any reason why it's taking longer than six months for Stage 1, but reminded me that the six months thing is just an estimate based on the timeline in which 80% of applications were processed.

On ECAS, they show the sponsorship application as "in progress" and the PR application as "received."

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Hi Everyone!
Just wondering if there is anyone that has the same timeline as me and if they have heard any news from the CIC at all?
They have received my medicals on April 3rd and I am waiting on what will happen next. (Which I have no idea what is. lol. COPR or PPR?)
Let me know if anyone has the same situation.

However, In the beginning of March I have sent them a notice that I have started using my married name but didn't have my passport then yet (because renewal took longer than I anticipated) and now I have sent them a copy my new passport with my married name and a request to change my name in my file. Which I know will probably delay the process, but no hurries for me cause I have an open permit anyway.

I would just like want to know what it is like for people with a more normal situation than me, I am very intrigued.haha

Thanks in advance guys!

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Just saw a post on Inland 2013......hope it i true....gives me hope.

mrsc08 said:
Guys just to give hope to everyone who's worried about CIC is still working on October 8, 2012 apps. I've a friend who applied for spousal sponsorship like us and as inland app too. They submitted theirs on November 2012. When they checked their status on the CIC website, it still says in process. So her hubby called customer service and the agent said anytime this month they will receive a letter about the decision in regards to wether the sponsor got approved or not.

No further documents was requested either the whole 7 months. Lets hope for a positive AIP for her :)

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
QuebecOkie said:
Hi jiggyzealous,

I got the medical and police certificate after I sent in my app, but before they asked for it. I didn't plan it that way. I just get stupid when I read immigration stuff, and I somehow missed that we were supposed to send in the medical and police certificate. The only communication we've received is a letter to my husband (sponsor) stating that they received our stuff and instructing us to get the CSQ from MICC (we're in Québec; that's a province-specific requirement).

Hi hockeyfan,

I have contacted CIC a couple of times. I emailed them, perhaps a month after we received the CSQ, to make sure that they'd received their copy from MICC. They replied about a week and a half later to say they had. I just called either early this week, or late last week, to see if they'd received my medical and police certificate. The representative was very friendly and tried to be helpful, but she was not able to confirm receipt. (I have confirmation of delivery by Canada Post, but I worry about whether these stray documents will be properly matched up with my file.) She couldn't see anything about those documents being received, and she couldn't give me any reason why it's taking longer than six months for Stage 1, but reminded me that the six months thing is just an estimate based on the timeline in which 80% of applications were processed.

On ECAS, they show the sponsorship application as "in progress" and the PR application as "received."
I would call CIC again to see if they received your medical and police clearance, call multiple times. I was asked to re-send a form in and I did and I called twice to see if they got my re-sent form. They both confirmed that they got it.

Did you write a cover letter saying please attach these documents to your file number stating your name, sponsor, UCI number and all that? Ask your MP to look into your file as well! I heard that's a good solution.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@hn1234

Happy bday when it comes. Leo folks are high spirited people

@QuebecOkie

I called them about 3 weeks ago. Said theyre conducting background checks on me. However,they couldn't say what the hold up is about and only referred to the snail October8 submissions . I even asked why background checks done done and they can't even issue AIP yet. The guy said that's how CIC does it sometimes

@Hockeyfan

I think CIC needs to close that call centre. Those agents know not a striking thing

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
jiggyzealous said:
@ hn1234

Happy bday when it comes. Leo folks are high spirited people

@ QuebecOkie

I called them about 3 weeks ago. Said theyre conducting background checks on me. However,they couldn't say what the hold up is about and only referred to the snail October8 submissions . I even asked why background checks done done and they can't even issue AIP yet. The guy said that's how CIC does it sometimes

@ Hockeyfan

I think CIC needs to close that call centre. Those agents know not a striking thing
You might be getting AIP and DM at the same time on both Stage 1 and Stage 2. I read on here, usually when they are doing background checks during Stage 1, it means your sponsor will be approved to sponsor you. That could happen! I would keep calling weekly to see what's up, get your MP to look into your file, it's been more than 6 months.

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
Tomorrows our landing guys!! :) Will let you guys know how it goes. Planning to visit Service Canada right after to see if they can issue us a SIN or if we'll have to wait until PR Card arrives!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Hockeyfan
Id not be surprised if I call back CIC tomorrow and they tell me that it was a mistake the agent made when I was told they're doing background check. They're 2 months behind schedule. December applicants should start hearing something now but October and November are still logging behind

downwinder

Feb 9, 2013
I see... maybe this is why immigration officers are not working on our applications....

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/06/technology/wishing-you-and-your-start-up-were-here.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
hey guys. today was our interview - everything was very simple n straightforward. We showed up 10 mins early.. they took us right in. Confirmed address, verified passports.. asked questions like any crimes committed.. ever refused admission in Canada etc. Signed some documents and we got the proof of permanent residence document right there. He told us about Citizenship - and permanent residence obligations. The time spent in Canada before our Permanent Residence Status will count only as half towards Citizenship requirement. Thats about it... took 15 minutes.

Our timeline:

Applied: April 13, 2012
AIP: October 11, 2012
DM: April 15, 2013
Landing: June 7, 2013

We went to Service Canada after. We will be able to get our new SIN right away, just have to wait 2-3 days for document to show in their system. Thats all folks. Finally process is complete :) Best of luck to all of guys waiting.. it'll go by soon. I know it is very hard waiting.. I went through it all, and it seems very difficult at that time, but trust me, when you walk our of your CIC office after signing documents and becoming Permanent Resident.. it will all seem worth it! :) Cheers guys, and thank you all for your support through good times and bad! :D