+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

radio777

May 10, 2013
@ Serenity482:

You should be able to get RAMQ card with your AIP letters for sure.
Plus, you need to send your open work permit original.
Detach it form your passport and send it to them.

I send my AIP letters original and my original open work permit through a registered post.
And include a note that you want to get back your documents through registered post too.

In that way, it can be always traceable.

Call the RAMQ if you feel uncomfortable about sending in your originals...

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
ichbinella said:
I also told him the unfair waiting game made many ppl suffer. U know, even he could not explain why some 2013 inland applicants got AIP+DM at the same time while we, 2012 applicants are still waiting so hard for DM.
Really??? :eek: Oh.... it's unfair....

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
So the website is updated not much long ago and CIC is still at October 8 th :(

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
jiggyzealous said:
So the website is updated not much long ago and CIC is still at October 8 th :(
And, CIC still shows that 6 months is needed for Step1. But October 8 is 7 months ago. ???

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
radio777 said:
@ Serenity482:

You should be able to get RAMQ card with your AIP letters for sure.
Plus, you need to send your open work permit original.
Detach it form your passport and send it to them.

I send my AIP letters original and my original open work permit through a registered post.
And include a note that you want to get back your documents through registered post too.

In that way, it can be always traceable.

Call the RAMQ if you feel uncomfortable about sending in your originals...
thank you for your answer!
But i already have DM and i need my Work permit to show it at the interview. and i don't know if they can send it back in time for my interview... :( i don't know what to do :(

radio777

May 10, 2013
Serenity482 said:
thank you for your answer!
But i already have DM and i need my Work permit to show it at the interview. and i don't know if they can send it back in time for my interview... :( i don't know what to do :(
Call the RAMQ and explain them your situation. They will be able to give you solution for sure.

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
I will!! Thank you!!
I hope soon is everything done. ;)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to rusty, robotic, jorchm and kbwaterh on their landing today. Good luck guys.

I have updated the timesheets accordingly.

Just for tidbit information on canada Permanent resident statistics, I add a link in footnote to the excel file I found from another canadavisa user providing the link. It contains the numbers to permanent residents. According to the sheet there have been about 55500 PR that came through spousal/CL/children for 2012. This does not include parents/grandparents. On the 4th sheet (PR-RP) at bottom, inland total is listed to be 12350. This give you an idea of how much applications Vegreville has to process. Over 12000 applications. That about 50 applications a day. Give you a sense of how much work the vegreville agents have to do on a daily basis.

Screech339

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Serenity482 said:
i have a question!

i got my letter from RAMQ for my health insurance card here in Quebec. I have all my stuff to send but it is also written that they want this :
The originals of all the following documents:

Permanent Resident Card, or any other document issued by the Canadian immigration authorities attesting to their permanent resident status in Canada, along with their visa

What visa? i just have my open work permit, which is in my passport. And i cant send my original passport to them....

Can somebody help???
Where do you live? why dont you just go to the office, that's what I did and it didnt took me more tnhan an hour to finish the paperwork. I just gave them my DM, my Work Permit, a Phone bill, my passport a photo ID and my SIN number ... that's it! They asked me for the originals, honestry I dont know why since they did photocopy all the docuemts and gave me my originals in less than 5 minutes.

munah

Feb 24, 2013
screech339 can you add me to the spreadsheet

i send in my application Dec 17

My application was received on Dec 20th

AOR was send by E-mail Jan 30th

Medical and criminal was send with the app

did not apply for OWP

Country of residence is the USA and I currently live in Ottawa

Thanks for the great work on the spreadsheet

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
krissikris said:
Just spoke to a really nice lady at CIC call center and she said we can definately apply for visitors visas for the girls she said it would be dual intent. ;D she also sent me this.

"What is Dual Intent?

You may want to seek entry to Canada for a temporary purpose while having a longer term intention to apply for permanent residence in Canada. If this is the case, you will have to satisfy the officer that you are a bona fide temporary resident and that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.

Dual intent is when:

you have an application for permanent residence in process outside Canada and you plan to come to Canada for a short stay while the application is in process."

Hi Kriskris, my sister has sponsored my parents and their immigration file is open / in process however, they have been issued Single Entry TRV's multiple times over the past few years to come and visit both their daughters. It is again all about dual intent. What needs to be shown is that they will return home. Same thing with our inland applications - dual intent is assumed. If we do not get approved they expect us to move back to our home country.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
munah said:
screech339 can you add me to the spreadsheet

i send in my application Dec 17

My application was received on Dec 20th

AOR was send by E-mail Jan 30th

Medical and criminal was send with the app

did not apply for OWP

Country of residence is the USA and I currently live in Ottawa

Thanks for the great work on the spreadsheet
Munah,

Welcome aboard. The timesheets are updated and you have been added

Screech339

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
@computergeek thanks for your reply.
You guys have made this waiting game alittle more bearable.
Cic have been in October almost two months!!
It soon will be 7 months for me.

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
ichbinella said:
finally i managed to raise some concerns we often have as applicants , to J. K. in our short meeting.

I told him for inland applicants, they are asked not to leave the country but we did hear sad stories from time to time, when we have relatives or frds who suffer from serious illness and want us to return home so badly.. yet could not get a chance simply becos of the waiting game.

He said, he didnt hear stories about that before and appreciated my telling him , he said he will look into these areas becos he did admit that there are lots of bad points within the regulations and system.

I know he wont do anything that can help us now, just hopefully he will hv that point in mind and do sth later.

I also told him the unfair waiting game made many ppl suffer. U know, even he could not explain why some 2013 inland applicants got AIP+DM at the same time while we, 2012 applicants are still waiting so hard for DM.

I did ask about the "siblings" someone raised here, he said currently the backlog is on its reduction, if he opens new category, it will increase the number again and make the game endlessly long.

Thank you for raising these concerns. My grandfather had passed away recently and I couldn't make it to his funeral. I can't wait till I can get my PR card and travel back home to atleast be able to visit his grave.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
hn1234 said:
Thank you for raising these concerns. My grandfather had passed away recently and I couldn't make it to his funeral. I can't wait till I can get my PR card and travel back home to atleast be able to visit his grave.
HN ... Im the same situation as you, my cousin passed away this past weekend and I was not able to go to the funeral and Im really looking forward to my PR card and flight to visit his grave and spend some quality time with my family! .... I still cant believe how cold they are with this delicate things, I understand that you cant travel and you have to stay here but they should really do some exception in cases like this!