+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Django_unleashed

Apr 11, 2013
screech339 said:
I am not sure as nigeria is not a visa exempt country. If you have to go back to nigeria before your PR card. You got two options as far as I can see. One is to have your spouse to mail it to you to nigeria if your spouse is staying in canada. If you're staying a long while.

Option 2 is to apply for a Permanent resident travel document at canadian embassy in nigeria so you can return to canada without PR card.

I think those are your options.

Screech339

Thanks screech for your reply. I actually thought about telling my wife to mail it to me. However i called cic and the rep. told me that it is not advisable to mail a government issued document of that nature, because it might be intercepted by customs. There is a slight chance that i might get the card before i leave but i seriously doubt it. Do you know of anyone that mailed a pr card successfully overseas?

Comflakes

Nov 1, 2011
Django,
I am also from Nigeria and I havent heard of anyone successfully getting their PR mailed to them though I heard its possible. Like the CIC agent said, it is quite risky and I think after all the efforts spent to get the PR, waiting to have it in your hands before you travel will be the safest thing to do. you don't want to jeopardize all you previous effort. Am still in the process and I have not seen my family in years,they havent even met my spouse or baby yet but am going to wait it out till I have my PR in my hands before leaving Canada.

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
@jiggy
The mother landed befor the kids? So if he lands then he can at least go visit them while we wait for their stuff. Well that's a bit better I guess. I thought his process would be on hold till the girls a done.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Django_unleashed said:
Thanks screech for your reply. I actually thought about telling my wife to mail it to me. However i called cic and the rep. told me that it is not advisable to mail a government issued document of that nature, because it might be intercepted by customs. There is a slight chance that i might get the card before i leave but i seriously doubt it. Do you know of anyone that mailed a pr card successfully overseas?
Like Comflakes said, it is a risky thing to do. I have forgotten about possiblility of customs intercepting it as it enters the country. It might work if you use a reliable courier like fed-ex or UPS and have it sent in shortest time possible. Would be costly.

Screech339

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ah finally, after more than 2 months they've just updated my eCas that medical results have been received. Big relief. I thought they forgot about me already...

Hope AIP's and DM's keep on coming!!

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
Just spoke to a really nice lady at CIC call center and she said we can definately apply for visitors visas for the girls she said it would be dual intent. ;D she also sent me this.

"What is Dual Intent?

You may want to seek entry to Canada for a temporary purpose while having a longer term intention to apply for permanent residence in Canada. If this is the case, you will have to satisfy the officer that you are a bona fide temporary resident and that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.

Dual intent is when:

you have an application for permanent residence in process outside Canada and you plan to come to Canada for a short stay while the application is in process."

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
krissikris said:
Just spoke to a really nice lady at CIC call center and she said we can definately apply for visitors visas for the girls she said it would be dual intent. ;D she also sent me this.

"What is Dual Intent?

You may want to seek entry to Canada for a temporary purpose while having a longer term intention to apply for permanent residence in Canada. If this is the case, you will have to satisfy the officer that you are a bona fide temporary resident and that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.

Dual intent is when:

you have an application for permanent residence in process outside Canada and you plan to come to Canada for a short stay while the application is in process."
That's good news to hear. I wasn't aware of specifying dual intent when applying for TRV. Good to know. Even though it doesn't apply in my case as my kids are already here with me. Plus they obtained canadian citizenship before moving to Canada. Made the PR application for my wife a whole lot easier. Less paperwork involved for them.

Here is a link relating to dual intent.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob131.asp

However obtaining a TRV while PR papers in process is hard to get. It may be even harder, once you get Canada Visa, to convince customs that you will leave Canada as the onus is on the sponsored person to convince agent that he/she will leave Canada before designated exit date. As much as I would love someone sponsored to be able to get TRV, odds are very slim. A lot of sponsored applicants have been denied TRV all because they have PR papers in process. There are cases where some have gotten TRV, they fall in a very small minority.

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Django_unleashed said:
I have a question concerning travelling after COPR. I already made plans, bought my ticket to travel next month. However today at the cic office, my interviewer said i would need my permanent card to travel, which takes 1.5 - 2 months for me to receive in the mail. She suggested i get a permanent residence travel document at the consulate in nigeria where i'm travelling to. Do you guys know of someone that has used the pr travel doc. Before? Is it advisable?
PRTD's work well but may take a while to obtain. The visa office's web site usually posts the expected processing time for a PRTD.

Note that you don't need the PR card to leave - just to fly back to Canada. Airlines will not accept the COPR (CBSA will - they have the computer system that allows them to confirm your status). So one option is to have someone in Canada send your PR card to you once it arrives in Canada.

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
krissikris said:
@ jiggy
The mother landed befor the kids? So if he lands then he can at least go visit them while we wait for their stuff. Well that's a bit better I guess. I thought his process would be on hold till the girls a done.
I totally agree with you krissikris. I thought bfore they issue a PR or DM both the applicant ang all the dependent should pass their bckground chek and medicals.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Oh yah,oh yah,God is always faithful!-Got my work permit!!!!!!!!!!!!Now I can get back to work while I patiently wait for sponsorship approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- :D-Thank you Jesus!!! :-*

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Mrembo said:
Oh yah,oh yah,God is always faithful!-Got my work permit!!!!!!!!!!!!Now I can get back to work while I patiently wait for sponsorship approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- :D-Thank you Jesus!!! :-*
Congrats mrembo,

You should be getting an AIP email anytime now. OWP are not usually issued until after AIP has been issued, unless I'm mistaken. Did you apply for OWP with your application?

Screech339

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
screech339 said:
Congrats mrembo,

You should be getting an AIP email anytime now. OWP are not usually issued until after AIP has been issued, I'm mistaken. Did you apply for OWP with your application?

Screech339
Thanks Screech!From your mouth to God's ears!!!-No I already had a work permit when I applied for sponsorship in Nov,I had applied to extend in September but was rejected because of a negative PRRA in Nov,because they were not going to remove me from Canada however I was eligible for a new work permit so I reapplied again in February which they approved last week!!-Am so happy right now I lack words!-I was really stressed out not being able to work! :( I pray and hope we all finish with this process soon ;)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Mrembo said:
Thanks Screech!From your mouth to God's ears!!!-No I already had a work permit when I applied for sponsorship in Nov,I had applied to extend in September but was rejected because of a negative PRRA in Nov,because they were not going to remove me from Canada however I was eligible for a new work permit so I reapplied again in February which they approved last week!!-Am so happy right now I lack words!-I was really stressed out not being able to work! :( I pray and hope we all finish with this process soon ;)
Mrembo,

Hopefully that by having an OWP, it will lead to a quicker AIP for you.

Screech339

radio777

May 10, 2013
Does anyone know how to pay for the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" online?

And I believe that even though I have paid for the Sponsorship application of $550, I still have to pay $490 for the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" to get COPR and PR card.