20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadaeh1234 said:
thanks for the info. I would love to have that link.

Thanks once again.
@canadaeh

Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadaeh1234 said:
thanks for the info. I would love to have that link.

Thanks once again.
While I never have to deal with it in the event of needing a travel document to return to Canada. I suspect that you must provide a good reason for leaving canada before acquiring PR card to get a travel document to re-enter Canada. They will likely to accept good reason like "illness or death in the family" to justify leaving before PR card. Saying you booked and planned your trip well before your landing appointment is not a good excuse as you are fully aware of the rules of staying in Canada while PR papers are in process.

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
screech339 said:
While I never have to deal with it in the event of needing a travel document to return to Canada. I suspect that you must provide a good reason for leaving canada before acquiring PR card to get a travel document to re-enter Canada. They will likely to accept good reason like "illness or death in the family" to justify leaving before PR card. Saying you booked and planned your trip well before your landing appointment is not a good excuse as you are fully aware of the rules of staying in Canada while PR papers are in process.
Actually, you don't need any reason at all. The function of the PR TD is to allow a permanent resident to travel back to Canada. The PR has no obligation to explain why they traveled without a PR card. The ONLY thing the visa office should confirm is that the permanent resident is in compliance with the residency obligation. Once that is confirmed and they have confirmed identity, they are obligated to issue the PR Travel Document.

A new PR is defined as being in compliance for the first three years after landing.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Xanadu2011 said:
She said if there were travel plans to either cancel them or reschedule the interview to a later date after travel plans.
I don't get this , does she mean we can travel after DM but postpone the landing interview till we get back?

CP

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I got my work permit at the end of last week, so it doesn't look like I'll get my money back!

I also received a piece of mail from immigration today saying my husband and I need to come in for an interview. I was totally expecting it to get waived.
I'm getting worried about it, and my husband is trying to help me chill out haha.

I always think, what if they're having a bad day and don't like me!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CP said:
So I got my work permit at the end of last week, so it doesn't look like I'll get my money back!

I also received a piece of mail from immigration today saying my husband and I need to come in for an interview. I was totally expecting it to get waived.
I'm getting worried about it, and my husband is trying to help me chill out haha.

Assuming that it isn't a landing interview, have you ordered GCMS notes? If not, you should do so ASAP as they will tell you why an interview has been requested.

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
screech339 said:
Make Sense. I don't know quebec procedure with CSQ. I would have thought CSQ is part of 2nd stage process. Thought DM can't be issued until CSQ is resolved. I guess I thought wrong. I got to say getting an AIP and DM be all done same day is pretty good especially after a CSQ trigger.

Unless serenity tells me otherwise I will update the sheet with same dates for AIP and DM

Screech339
Yeah i got both at the same day. they already received my CSQ in february ;) But forgot to press that stupid button. But now i have everything and i am soooo happy :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CP said:

Computergeek advice about getting the notes asap is good advice if this is not a landing interview. If you do order the notes get the electronic version so you get email as soon as possible.

BTW. What day did you receive OWP last week. Would like to update timesheet please.

Screech339

nishika

Mar 28, 2013
Xanadu2011 said:
Hi,

Just had my Landing interview two days ago @ Saskatoon office. Went there with my wife and our 18 month daughter.

This was also the time to ask questions. She said it would be good to ask now because answering questions during interviews would just lengthen the process and they would like to get the paperwork done as fast as possible (nothing wrong with that in my opinion :) )

Then we had to go back to the lobby and the officer would call the names of the families in random order. When we were called, we were led into a interview room. The same officer who did the introduction in the meeting room wanted to see all our documents - passports and/or drivers license, sponsors ID, all immigration documents previously issued (work permit, visitor visa etc. - they will destroy those). She also took the 2 passport pictures.

Then I had to pay my Confirmation of Permanent Residence Fee of CAD $490.00. I paid with my credit card.

Hi Xanadu,

Thanks for sharing the information. I got DM on April 2nd, still awaiting response of Etobicoke office about landing appointment. I was hoping that if I have landing date sometimes soon, I can travel to US in June 2nd week. However, going by what the Immigration officer told you, I can not travel out of country without PR card. And if they are going to destroy my valid study permit and work permit, I cant definitely not come back to Canada!!

Does anyone have contact no. of Etobicoke office? I would like to call them to ask for appointment in June end.

@Screech: Good work with the spreadsheets!

Thanks.

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
computergeek said:
Assuming that it isn't a landing interview, have you ordered GCMS notes? If not, you should do so ASAP as they will tell you why an interview has been requested.
How to order GCMC notes and how much?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nishika said:
Hi Xanadu,

Thanks for sharing the information. I got DM on April 2nd, still awaiting response of Etobicoke office about landing appointment. I was hoping that if I have landing date sometimes soon, I can travel to US in June 2nd week. However, going by what the Immigration officer told you, I can not travel out of country without PR card. And if they are going to destroy my valid study permit and work permit, I cant definitely not come back to Canada!!

Does anyone have contact no. of Etobicoke office? I would like to call them to ask for appointment in June end.

@ Screech: Good work with the spreadsheets!

Thanks.
So far stilling waiting. Been 6 weeks for me today. So far only Robotic was able to get letter from Etobicoke 2 weeks ago. You can enter US if you drove in car yourself with COPR.

Screech339

CP

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Computergeek advice about getting the notes asap is good advice if this is not a landing interview. If you do order the notes get the electronic version so you get email as soon as possible.

BTW. What day did you receive OWP last week. Would like to update timesheet please.

Screech339
I received my OWP May 2nd, but it was issued/signed April 26th, according to the permit. Which ever date you would like to use. :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CP said:
I received my OWP May 2nd, but it was issued/signed April 26th, according to the permit. Which ever date you would like to use. :)
I think the receing date would be more appripriate as people often ask when they get OWP after AIP. So I assume actually mail date. Did you apply for OWP with application or after you gotten AIP

Screech339

CP

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Would it say specifically that it is a landing interview?
"I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:..... Hamilton"

I have not ordered a GCMS note and have never heard of it before now. Google-ing it.

screech339 said:
I think the receing date would be more appripriate as people often ask when they get OWP after AIP. So I assume actually mail date. Did you apply for OWP with application or after you gotten AIP

Screech339
I applied for OWP after AIP. I applied online on March 15th.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CP said:
Would it say specifically that it is a landing interview?
"I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:..... Hamilton"

I have not ordered a GCMS note and have never heard of it before now. Google-ing it.

I applied for OWP after AIP. I applied online on March 15th.
CP that is a decision made. So it is a landing interview. Congrats.

Screech339