Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Comflakes said:
Hi All,

We sent my PR application October 2012 and we still awaiting AIP. I sent out an OWP in January 2013, stating that it should be processed along with my PR application as we didnt send the work permit with the initial Spousal Sponsorship application. I just got an email from CIC below.

This refers to your application for a Work Permit dated 01/11/2013. No action is being taken to process your request for the following reasons:
As a Foreign National in Canada you are not eligible to apply for an open work permit until such time as you receive confirmation that your application for Permanent Residence will be processed from within Canada. Your application for an open work permit will be considered at the same time as your application for permanent residence and if the latter is accepted, the open work permit will be issued to you.
NOTE: Passports must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passports

Am not sure what to think of it. Does that mean I have to apply for another work permit when I get AIP or...?
As the message it self, they will process and issue ur owp at same time they process your permanent residence application.

Watchie

Mar 1, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ Cornflakes
I'd write them a letter telling them and providing them proof that you sent in application for permanent residence. Make sure to include ur uci and application number. Let them know that you sent in the OWP application to be attached to your file. I sent mine in January too but I applied for PR last October. May I ask which date in October you applied?
Jigs, I would think that they would have all the info hence there response, I thought I would apply for my work permit but at this stage might as well I wait to see what's the decision from cic, I know the stressful but might as well I watch paint dry more than wonder about CIC.. Trust mi..... Left hand don't know what the right hand is doing or hmmmmmm..

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Watchie

I would rather watch the devil repent than having anything to do with CIC. They teat us soooooo bad and more so because some of us are from third world countries. Looking at your timeline, I'd request my notes before I waste any more money applying for an OWP. You should have applied when u just got AIP

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
Comflakes said:
Hi All,

We sent my PR application October 2012 and we still awaiting AIP. I sent out an OWP in January 2013, stating that it should be processed along with my PR application as we didnt send the work permit with the initial Spousal Sponsorship application. I just got an email from CIC below.

This refers to your application for a Work Permit dated 01/11/2013. No action is being taken to process your request for the following reasons:
As a Foreign National in Canada you are not eligible to apply for an open work permit until such time as you receive confirmation that your application for Permanent Residence will be processed from within Canada. Your application for an open work permit will be considered at the same time as your application for permanent residence and if the latter is accepted, the open work permit will be issued to you.
NOTE: Passports must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passports

Am not sure what to think of it. Does that mean I have to apply for another work permit when I get AIP or...?
I am very sure u will not have to re apply again. U say u said u sent it in with your application right !

Comflakes

Nov 1, 2011
Thanks for the replies.
Reading the responses and discussing the email with my spouse explains the mail better. I guess I just have to wait and pray that I get AIP then I can look forward to the work permit. Interestingly, I have no plans to work for a while since I since I have a baby and daycare is so expensive here. The OWP application was to give me an implied status since my visitor visa expired Last moth.

Jiggyzealous, my application was received at Vegreville 24th October 2012. From what I observed, they probably working on early October. When in October did you send in your application? We seem to have some similarities.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Cornflakes
I submitted my application on October 26, 2012 and went into processing on December 21, 2012. Yes we do have similar times. I think we will be getting AIP around the same time. Congratulations on being a dad. I'm worried because my application went in 5 months after my status expired. Yes, I'm seeing October applicatios getting AIP already

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ Cornflakes
I submitted my application on October 26, 2012 and went into processing on December 21, 2012. Yes we do have similar times. I think we will be getting AIP around the same time. Congratulations on being a dad. I'm worried because my application went in 5 months after my status expired. Yes, I'm seeing October applicatios getting AIP already
Hi JZ ;)

My common law husbands status expired many moons ago but we got AIP with no questions so God please, so will u :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@jillplay
Thanks for uplifting my spirit. I was told that without status they might transfer my file to the local office. What are some of the evidence you provided?

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ jillplay
Thanks for uplifting my spirit. I was told that without status they might transfer my file to the local office. What are some of the evidence you provided?
Here's what's gone down :)

June 4th, APPL REC'D
Nov 21st, further proof that we live common law was requested + medical + police report from St Lucia; this was all required to them by Feb 21st and we sent it in the first week of February.
Feb 25th - STAGE 1 APPROVAL
Feb 26th - HIS ECAS shows APPLICATION IN PROCESS
MARCH 20TH - HIS ECAS also now shows MEDICAL RECEIVED

With the application, we just sent in alot of pictures of us together and joint bank account info.

With the request for more info; we sent in about 8 letters from friends/family ( not notarized ), we had the declaration notarized though and sent that in, along with copies of car ownerships we own together, proof that he is on my benefits at work. We also have a son together who was born last year so his birth certificate had also been sent in with the application last year.

The letter we received from CIC re: his approval to proceed with STAGE 2 did not request anything else from us nor did it mention the file being transferred. It just said he met the requirements to apply for his PR under common law class and he could apply for his OWP, etc.

sugarcane

Mar 21, 2013
Help me please!!

We applied for the inland-common law sponsorship, it was received by CIC on the 10th of July 2012
It started processing October 31 2012,
January 17th, 2013 i got an e-mail with an attached document asking us to send more supporting documents to support our relationship.
A deadline of April 17th 2013 was given.
The required document was sent got delivered and signed for by CIC vegreville January 29th 2013,
Its march 21st 2013, there is no indication from CIC on my ecas that this document is received, I called CIC toll free number and they can not ascertain that too.

Looking at the inland spreadsheet everybody that applied the same period with me have all gotten their first stage approval and have their OWP.
Has anybody been in this same situation with me? Please help am about to loose it

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Sugarcane
Keep a copy of the signature of the person who signed. I'm sure they received it though

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Sugarcane
Keep a copy of the signature of the person who signed. I'm sure they received it though

nataliew83

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Rusty can you please update the spreadsheet for me. I'm from England, living in Vancouver. My work permit was sent 23 Feb and received 28th Feb. I wish I'd applied online, would have been quicker!!

How long does the medical take to show up in ecas? I had it a month ago in Ottawa (my fiancé was working out there for 2 months)