+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Robotic

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Watchie said:
I agree with the Canadian system should be like US, life would such stress free and we don't have to be so frustrated staying home n not be able to work.
Wow I really wish it was like that =( it would make life easier...it's been hard but I'm glad to knw it's almost over!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Every day I just stay at home and so boring, do nothing..

gie2205

Dec 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 15, 2012
Med's Request
Meds req sent in Oct with AIP and OWP(OWP filed in Aug)
Med's Done....
last week of November appeared on E-Cas in Dec.
Interview........
may not be required
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
weary-damsil31 said:
Hello,Kabayan! nice to know that you are filipino too! saan ka satin? I am here in Edmonton,Alberta. :)

Angeles City, Pampanga... Ikaw?

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunsun said:
Every day I just stay at home and so boring, do nothing..
same here. I already have my open work permit but can't find a job yet :(

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
It takes time to get a job in Canada..If you have a friend who can reference you , I think you will get a job faster..Where do you live in Canada?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunsun said:
It takes time to get a job in Canada..If you have a friend who can reference you , I think you will get a job faster..Where do you live in Canada?
My wife was also surprised at the amount of time it took to get a job. In comparison in China it would literally take a few days before receiving a phone call for an interview.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Im Mexican and my boyfriend Greek (born in Canada, so Canadian as well) We live in Montreal! :)

Its so nice to have people from all over speaking the same "language" (language meaning the stress of the immigration lol)

I did a loooot of volunteering before getting my work permit, depending on where you live you can find tons of things to do!! One of the places I was about to start volunteering before my work permit arrived it is a Yoga school, it is cool because you volunteer in exchange of classes!!

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Well guys, thought I'd drop in and update you all on my dilemma from Friday. My husband received a letter from CIC telling us that his file was transferred to a local office for further processing...at this point and with our timeline we were really hoping that letter was the final letter...I wish they would have transferred the application when they processed our stage 1 back in September!

I contacted CIC this morning and found out the reasoning behind the transfer...we're trying to be hopeful because it isn't a huge deal, but we've just been put back into another queue. Local office in London Ontario is 8 months at the moment :( I was going to try to order my FOSS or CAIPS notes or whatever...but the lady on the phone today was really helpful and actually gave me that information. At least I know exactly why the file was transferred.

I guess I'll be around here a little longer then I wanted to, but it is what it is. I'll get to watch everyone get their PR's and that's pretty exciting to watch.

Good luck guys! 8)

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in Calgary. I passed about 30 resumes online now for 2 weeks and still not a single call. Yeah I guess I just have to be patient. Wish the PR card would come soon so I can leave Canada while not working.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CheshireCats said:
Well guys, thought I'd drop in and update you all on my dilemma from Friday. My husband received a letter from CIC telling us that his file was transferred to a local office for further processing...at this point and with our timeline we were really hoping that letter was the final letter...I wish they would have transferred the application when they processed our stage 1 back in September!

I contacted CIC this morning and found out the reasoning behind the transfer...we're trying to be hopeful because it isn't a huge deal, but we've just been put back into another queue. Local office in London Ontario is 8 months at the moment :( I was going to try to order my FOSS or CAIPS notes or whatever...but the lady on the phone today was really helpful and actually gave me that information. At least I know exactly why the file was transferred.

I guess I'll be around here a little longer then I wanted to, but it is what it is. I'll get to watch everyone get their PR's and that's pretty exciting to watch.

Good luck guys! 8)
Sorry to hear that. So you already have AIP but your file is still transferred to a local office before decision made??? What was the reason if you don't mind sharing..

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi Wolanila..
I was surprised in Saskatoon is hard to find a job because I heard from news that it was very easy to find a job there..

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunsun said:
Hi Wolanila..
I was surprised in Saskatoon is hard to find a job because I heard from news that it was very easy to find a job there..
You are in Saskatoon? :)

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
jenny12345 said:
Sorry to hear that. So you already have AIP but your file is still transferred to a local office before decision made??? What was the reason if you don't mind sharing..
Would rather not go into details on a public forum...but it was a very minor criminality issue that should have been overlooked a while ago. My husband has had TRP's and OWP's for a year and a half now...
We got AIP in September...

Good news for you guys here though, is that CIC is working fairly quickly. We were expecting 2nd stage processing to begin in maybe a month to a month and a half from now...so I am assuming that they started processing our second stage and then transferred the file!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
No, I am in Ontario :)

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
For anyone having a hard time finding work...start out with the temporary employment agencies!! Don't send applications or resumes online, go in there and apply in person. They'll have you do some testing which is fairly simple...then they'll tell you they'll call you...after a couple days you start calling them back, daily...at the same time, asking if they have found you anything.

It may only be a couple days here and there, but they usually pay on a weekly basis. Some do offer benefits and a lot of the time, if you are a hard worker, you'll get hired on full time.

I have always used temporary employment agencies! You can find them in your local yellowpages under employment agencies :) Good luck!