App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
AniWinnipeg said:
@ Happywife - what's the email address for CIC if you have questions? Thanks
Hi,this is the agent gave me, Question@cic.gc.ca.

nataliew83

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Just got a quick question about the OWP forms,

Details of intended work in Canada - I guess I leave that blank as I don't have a job, or know what my occupation will be?

Do I need to fill in the Statutory Declaration Of Common Law Union and get it signed? As they have already sent me my AIP, and they have all the information that we have are in a common law relationship.

I was going to send a copy of the AIP email just so they can tie my residency application and work permit together, is that a good idea?

:)

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
An update Guys, I will be landing on 15th March at Kitchener office ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-*

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
nonoo said:
An update Guys, I will be landing on 15th March at Kitchener office ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-*
Congrats!!!-You are done!!!!!!!!! :)-wishing you a great experience!

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
nonoo said:
Congrats! How did you find out about your landing interview, by email, snail mail or call?

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
nonoo said:
Congratulations

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
nataliew83 said:
Just got a quick question about the OWP forms,

Details of intended work in Canada - I guess I leave that blank as I don't have a job, or know what my occupation will be?

Do I need to fill in the Statutory Declaration Of Common Law Union and get it signed? As they have already sent me my AIP, and they have all the information that we have are in a common law relationship.

I was going to send a copy of the AIP email just so they can tie my residency application and work permit together, is that a good idea?

:)
Yes leave it blank. or put n/a.

Sending a copy of the AIP email is a good idea and I don't think you need the Statutory Declaration of Common Law again but to be sure you can send a photocopy of the same one you sent with the sponsorship application.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
If you stay in Canada during the processing of your application, you will only have to extend your status once because this option will allow you to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time your application for permanent residence is *approved in principle. If your status expires before your application for permanent residence is approved in principle, you will still have a legal status in Canada. This is known as implied status.
So according to this, am I to believe that you have implied status from AOR to AIP, but after AIP you no longer have implied status?

I filed an OWP with my PR app. How fast do they process the OWP after AIP? I'm asking because the OWP grants legal status obviously, and I would technically be out of legal status from AIP to OWP if my above belief is true.

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
sounion said:
So according to this, am I to believe that you have implied status from AOR to AIP, but after AIP you no longer have implied status?

I filed an OWP with my PR app. How fast do they process the OWP after AIP? I'm asking because the OWP grants legal status obviously, and I would technically be out of legal status from AIP to OWP if my above belief is true.
When you get AIP you are in status, so there's no need to be on implied status. When I received my AIP letter it says open work permit is approved and will be mailed separately. I got it after 5 days in the mailbox. You would never be out of status as you sent an open work permit application so you don't have to worry.

AniWinnipeg

Jan 29, 2013
sounion said:

My friend got her OWP 4 days after AIP. I don't think you are out of legal status after you received AIP. Because your AIP states that you will receive your OWP in the mail - which means it has been approved at the same time as AIP.

nataliew83

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
darwinwap said:
Yes leave it blank. or put n/a.

Sending a copy of the AIP email is a good idea and I don't think you need the Statutory Declaration of Common Law again but to be sure you can send a photocopy of the same one you sent with the sponsorship application.
Thanks,

I've just been through all my copies and there was no form for Statutory Delcaration of Common Law Union, asked for in the original application. I have the Common Law Questionnaire and copies of the supporting documents, ie: rental receipts, joint account, credit cards etc. So I guess I'll include those in the OWP.

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
nataliew83 said:
Thanks,

I've just been through all my copies and there was no form for Statutory Delcaration of Common Law Union, asked for in the original application. I have the Common Law Questionnaire and copies of the supporting documents, ie: rental receipts, joint account, credit cards etc. So I guess I'll include those in the OWP.
The statutory declaration is only required if applicable and I don't think its applicable to your case as you already have AIP. Best of luck.

nataliew83

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
darwinwap said:
The statutory declaration is only required if applicable and I don't think its applicable to your case as you already have AIP. Best of luck.
Thank you :) Just spoke to someone in the call centre and they said the same thing! Now to get this printed and mail it off!!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happywife08 said:
Best answer ever!!! Thank you!! It help me so much!!! I am sure it will help a lot more people
we applied for both. We applied for the work permit with the pr app to be allowed to work, but we also applied for the visitor extention seperatly online as we were worried we might have to leave Canada shortly and were unsure if implied statues would be a problem at the border.