Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
jiggyzealous said:
@ computergeek
I had done a police check when I was coming to Canada 2011. It was submitted to the Canadian embassy in Jamaica. I haven't left Canada. Do you think that a security check for me would take me long
Criminal checks and security checks are NOT the same thing.

Criminal checks have to do with your criminal record (or lack thereof). Security checks relate to ensuring you are not involved in organized crime, terrorism, war crimes, genocide, etc. Those things do not show up in a standard police report.

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
i hv to get back to my home country to renew my passport in March and i hv just got AIP + OWP , waiting for stage 2 to complete

may i ask a silly question here about queuing up at the custom when i get back to Canada? Should I go to the Temporary resident (if there's any) line or Visitor?!?!?!?!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@ichbillena I've heard of instances where people of left the country while waiting for PR but it is always advised against because of readmittance reasons but people have left and were allowed back in. Couldn't u renew your passport from here? Speak with ur consulate because I know they can offer some assistance

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ichbinella said:
i hv to get back to my home country to renew my passport in March and i hv just got AIP + OWP , waiting for stage 2 to complete

may i ask a silly question here about queuing up at the custom when i get back to Canada? Should I go to the Temporary resident (if there's any) line or Visitor?!?!?!?!
Visitor.

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
thatgirl123 said:
Im in London Ontario :)
Hello thatgirl123 Where is your husband from. Mine is from St. Vincent and we filed Dec. 12. What is your timeline? I do hope filing at the end of the year is not a bad thing.

AniWinnipeg

Jan 29, 2013
Hi again

a few weeks ago I asked about if I should call CIC because we never received AOR - at least we didn't get the email. When I called them they said they sent AOR on Nov. 26 and my application was received August 30. I haven't heard anything yet. But here is what happened: I originally filed may application January 1, 2012 and they sent it back in June because one page was missing but we moved and we never got CIC's letter that something was missing. But the girl who moved into our old apartment kept the notice to pick up the letter from Canada Post and gave it to me 2 months later - of course the letter was already sent back to CIC and I called, changed my address and they sent me the letter with my complete PR application back stating that one page is missing so I had to resubmit my application on Aug. 30 - interestingly though they did not send my OWP application and since I'm working on an implied status - I was able to continue to work. I hope this is not too confusing. Anyway - do they treat my application as I submitted it on August 30, 2012 when they look at all the documentation or as I submitted it on January 1, 2012.... Thoughts?

Great forum by the way.
Ani

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
AniWinnipeg said:
Hi again

a few weeks ago I asked about if I should call CIC because we never received AOR - at least we didn't get the email. When I called them they said they sent AOR on Nov. 26 and my application was received August 30. I haven't heard anything yet. But here is what happened: I originally filed may application January 1, 2012 and they sent it back in June because one page was missing but we moved and we never got CIC's letter that something was missing. But the girl who moved into our old apartment kept the notice to pick up the letter from Canada Post and gave it to me 2 months later - of course the letter was already sent back to CIC and I called, changed my address and they sent me the letter with my complete PR application back stating that one page is missing so I had to resubmit my application on Aug. 30 - interestingly though they did not send my OWP application and since I'm working on an implied status - I was able to continue to work. I hope this is not too confusing. Anyway - do they treat my application as I submitted it on August 30, 2012 when they look at all the documentation or as I submitted it on January 1, 2012.... Thoughts?

Great forum by the way.
Ani
If they sent the application back as incomplete then they would use the August 30, 2012 date (the date they received the complete application). That would suggest you'd be receiving AIP any day now. Hopefully they don't send the AIP letters to your old address...

AniWinnipeg

Jan 29, 2013
I doubled checked when I called them if they have the right address. I thought they send emails for AIP instead of actual letters. That was my impression... No?

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
AniWinnipeg said:
Hi again

Great forum by the way.
Ani
Aniwinnipeg, would you like to be added to our spreadsheet. The link is in my signature.

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
AniWinnipeg said:
I doubled checked when I called them if they have the right address. I thought they send emails for AIP instead of actual letters. That was my impression... No?
Yes they send Emails for AOR (to sponsor) AIP ( To sponsor and applicant). At least that's what happened to me and most of the people here.

AniWinnipeg

Jan 29, 2013
Yes please! I have been looking at your spreadsheet all the time anyway. ;) I'm so nervous because I have already been waiting for 14 months to get AIP - sigh! But if they use Aug 30 they shouldn't have any concerns about the documents not dating back a year or so. Me likes.

AniWinnipeg

Jan 29, 2013
darwinwap said:
Yes they send Emails for AOR (to sponsor) AIP ( To sponsor and applicant). At least that's what happened to me and most of the people here.
exactly - I'm scared to open my mailbox at home - I don't want to find a letter from CIC!

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Nigea said:
I emailed CIC today to see if you needed to apply for both extension and OWP or just OWP to keep status, Here is the reply

"
Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Maintaining a Legal Status During the Process of the Permanent Residence Application

When you are in Canada, you must always keep a legal status until you become a permanent resident. If you do not, you could be removed from Canada. If an immigration document was issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (Work
Permit, Study Permit or a stamp in your passport), this document states for how long you can stay in Canada. Having a legal status means that your document or authorization to stay in Canada is still valid.

You have two options available in order to maintain a legal status in Canada until you become a permanent resident:

1. Depending under which immigration program you apply, you could apply for an extension of your status as a visitor, student or worker, while applying for your permanent resident status. If you choose this option, complete both an application to extend your status and an application for permanent residence and mail them before your current status expires. Be sure to include both applications and all the necessary supporting documents and payment for each application in the same envelope.

If you stay in Canada during the processing of your application, you will only have to extend your status once because this option will allow you to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time your application for permanent residence is *approved in principle. If your status expires before your application for permanent residence is approved in principle, you will still have a legal status in Canada. This is known as implied status.

2. You can apply to extend your status as a visitor, student or worker separately from the application for permanent residence; you must do it before the expiry date of your current status. You may have to extend your status more than once.
The application is available on our Web site. You can fill out the application on-line and print it or fill it out by hand.

*Approved in principle means that you received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or the local office stating that you are eligible to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background verifications for you and, if applicable, your family members. "

I am panicking right now as my hubby went for his medical on Fri, shwed the Dr. his passport, gave the forms and pics had the medical and left. Sat he realized he did not have his passport. The Dr. can't seem to find it. Fortunately I have a photocopy in order to send with PR application. However, getting a new one is going to be a hassle from here.

Best answer ever!!! Thank you!! It help me so much!!! I am sure it will help a lot more people

zoezou

Nov 28, 2012
I`ve received my OWP by mail, and my AIP was received by Feb15 which I already shared....

For me, AOR was sent to my sponsor`s email, AIP was sent to both sponsor and principal applicant`s email.
Only get OWP sent by mail, took 4 business days to my home address.

For my OHIP, I got renewal of it, need my old OHIP card, Driver lisence, OWP(type 27), passport, also my old work permit. For sure not everyone need the same documents to suppport OHIP renewal, I went to Ontario Service three times, first time was just got the AOP, second time was just got the AIP, finally, they accept the OWP!!

But before I got these done, I`ve searched to see if there is an example similar as mine, also called service ontario twice, they only say you should come to the counter to see what they can do.

For SIN card, I got renewal as well, it quite easy, just need the new OWP.

I want to share my experience here, for anyone maybe have the same situation like me.
:)