+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would send the medical with ur application to avoid any delays and I don't believe you need a job offer for owp.

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Maya check your inbox! Somehow the site thinks I am not logged in and won't let me post.

parruda

Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
22-05-2012
LANDED..........
22-05-2012
Hi guys,

They received my application in vegreville on july 26th.
Just woke up today and my wife had an email from them: AOR! :)
Total 3 months and 20 days!

Maybe we are gonna get the AIP before Xmas? :)

Good luck to all of us.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Parruda

Do you want to be added to the spreadsheet?

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
computergeek said:
e-cas is a work of someone demented. My application went from DM to "in process" two weeks after I landed. It truly makes no sense.

Hopefully that means you really have been approved and you're just waiting for the landing appointment.
I called into the call center yesterday. The agent advised that the information on my Ecas is completely inaccurate. she indicated that I have not been approved in principle and the Etobicoke office may take up to 12 months to issue a response to us. C'est la vie. Nothing else to do but wait....

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
I really don't understand the CIC they announced that they are working on applications received on 15th May 2012 and our is received on 3rd on July and we have received the AOR two weeks ago???!?!?
and? we are in process that's what ecas shows
so why on the official sate they show working on app. received in may???

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bibace said:
I really don't understand the CIC they announced that they are working on applications received on 15th May 2012 and our is received on 3rd on July and we have received the AOR two weeks ago???!?!?
and? we are in process that's what ecas shows
so why on the official sate they show working on app. received in may???
Because they don't want people to call until that date has passed. Nobody complains when their application is going faster than posted, but they complain when it goes slower.

AOR seems to show up 4-6 weeks before they actually grant AIP, so you're timing is about right - in about four weeks they'll be working on your (early July) file.

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
computergeek said:
Because they don't want people to call until that date has passed. Nobody complains when their application is going faster than posted, but they complain when it goes slower.

AOR seems to show up 4-6 weeks before they actually grant AIP, so you're timing is about right - in about four weeks they'll be working on your (early July) file.
:) it makes sense :) tnx

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
Finally got AOR today,I was getting worried. My sponsor received it at last night. Hope AIP comes soon. :)

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congested!!!!! Nice to see some acknowledgement hay!! :) Yay!!!!!

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
AIP+OWP+ DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
Victorswife said:
Maya check your inbox! Somehow the site thinks I am not logged in and won't let me post.
Victorwife, thank you so much for explanations. Tuns out I can;t send private messages. So i ask here:

"You can do your medical before submission to avoid any delays. We did this as well!" - I still do not get it. Doctor says they send it right to the Ottawa and do not give me any copies. What should I enclose into the package then? What proof?

Change of status ( to Temp Resident Visa) can be found on the same IMM 5556 form.. check both boxes and be sure to pay both fees.
- What do you mean by that? I was thinking just send main application + OWP to get implied status. My visitor record is valid till Feb'06. I hope to do only OWP..isn't it enough?

sorry for so many questions..but the whole thing is bit confusing...

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
You will have proof of payment and the doctor will also sign off on a paper saying you had the assessment.
Though... there are new rules as of November 1.
Perhaps run this by a senior member on this site.

It is under my understanding that at all times during your application you must have valid documents to be able to stay in Canada. For us.. my husband only had a Visitor Visa... so we needed to change that as well. I think for Temp Resident it is the same as well.. you need to extend it beyond Feb as it will take longer than that for all the processing.

again... I do not want to steer you in the wrong direction... best to ask for further advice... but this is what I was told when I asked a few weeks ago.

Senior Membors Please Advise! THANKS

Desiree0220

Nov 15, 2012
Okay just got a question

I came here visiting, and ended up getting married. I stayed and we are now going to apply inland. However, on the forms, it says, "Current Country of Residence" and wants the date you arrived and the date you are leaving. The thing is, I'm not leaving, but it says I cannot validate unless I put a date. What do I put in the box?

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desiree0220 said:
Okay just got a question

I came here visiting, and ended up getting married. I stayed and we are now going to apply inland. However, on the forms, it says, "Current Country of Residence" and wants the date you arrived and the date you are leaving. The thing is, I'm not leaving, but it says I cannot validate unless I put a date. What do I put in the box?
Just put the current date down [this is what I did], it doesn't ask you for the date you are leaving, just how long you have been living in this country.

mini2404

Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
10-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2012
Med's Done....
04-12-2012 and 03-10-2014
Interview........
Decision made: February 24, 2015
LANDED..........
March 18-2015
confrentis said:
Victorwife, thank you so much for explanations. Tuns out I can;t send private messages. So i ask here:

"You can do your medical before submission to avoid any delays. We did this as well!" - I still do not get it. Doctor says they send it right to the Ottawa and do not give me any copies. What should I enclose into the package then? What proof?

Change of status ( to Temp Resident Visa) can be found on the same IMM 5556 form.. check both boxes and be sure to pay both fees.
- What do you mean by that? I was thinking just send main application + OWP to get implied status. My visitor record is valid till Feb'06. I hope to do only OWP..isn't it enough?

sorry for so many questions..but the whole thing is bit confusing...
Hi confrentis:

I called CIC a while ago asking the same question because my husband visa is only valid until December. They told me that as long as you apply for the work permit you are fine. You will have implied status until they answer you (ie send the work permit). They told me it was not necessary to apply for the visa extension on top of that.

this is the e-mail they sent me:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Open Work Permit – Sponsorship of a Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada

If a spouse or common-law partner is sponsored from inside Canada, they can apply for an open work permit by completing an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker (IMM 5553). This application must be sent before their status expires in the same envelope as the sponsorship application. This will allow them to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time their application for permanent residence is *approved in principle.

If their status expires before the application for permanent residence is approved in principle, they will still have a legal status in Canada. This is called implied status. Please note that the open work permit will only be issued once the application for permanent residence is approved in principle. Visit our Web site to see how long it may take to get approval in principle.

If the sponsored person did not send an open work permit application with their permanent residence application, they can send it, by mail, at any time while it is in process by writing Open Work Permit - Application for permanent residence in Canada - Spouse or common-law partner on the top of the form. They should also include proof that the permanent residence application was submitted. The open work permit application cannot be submitted online.

Please note that they must keep a legal status in Canada during the entire process of their application for permanent residence.

*Approved in principle means that the person being sponsored received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or local office stating that they meet the eligibility (minimum) requirements to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for the applicant and, if applicable, their family members.

Hope this help!!!

Mini