21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hello Guys,

I tried leaving a separate post regarding this issue, and lots of ppl have looked but NOBODY can give me an answer it seems.

This is the problem.

As you all know when you file an INLAND application and do your medicals, you do NOT have to have Appendix C. You take your INLAND form 1017 to your doctor, which they attach a picture too along with some other stuff and then send them off wherever they need to go.

What am I supposed to put with my application to prove i've had my medical? I have my receipts that i've paid, are those acceptable? I tried to get that little 'green' form from the doctors office and was politely told that Ottawa has instructed the doctor to NOT give that out UNLESS the person having a medical has come to the appointment carrying the Appendix C from the OUTLAND application process. So, you can see my dilema here, as I am not filing from outland therefore I am NOT using the Appendix C and not receiving the little green 1017. They did tell me that I could go and get Appendic C, have 2 more immigration photos taken and then return and get this little green 1017, but what the heck is the point of that if I have already completed this exactly as was intended for the INLAND process??

I really wish these dang instructions were more instructive. My husband hired a consultant and even they can't answer this question. *sighs* Can ANYONE give me an answer? I know someone here has fully completed the process and knows what they sent in for this part ..... :eek:

32pearls

Oct 3, 2012
hey Alurra71.......the reciept that you got from the doctors will be your proof of the medical.....so when you send the forms....do send the reciept as a proof along with it.....thats how i did it too.....not to worry.....all d best :)

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If ur worried about it u can always attach a letter explaining that the doctor would not give u one and that u sent the u sent the receipt as proof. When we went to get our medical we just gave him the form that came with the inland app and also the photos and then he sent the medical to CIC and gave us a white paper as proof.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Apparently, it is the actual form that you take to the doctor if you are filing an OUTLAND application.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
buzybee said:
hey guys i got the letter in the mail today with my landing date... December 4th!!! So close!!!

So it So Patience you should be hearing soon from Scarborough!
Congrats!!!!! Are you going to be traveling on Xmas?

ItisTime

Sep 20, 2012
Alurra71 said:
What am I supposed to put with my application to prove i've had my medical?
Allura, you have to mail a copy of the receipt from the doctor with your application. Thats all!

KUKULICKA

Oct 10, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th July 2012
Med's Done....
27th June 2012
nonoo said:
Hey guys,
A quick question, I have spent the fortune in delivering my baby without OHIP, I was just wondering if there's any way I can get reimburse of those expenses once I get my OHIP?
I would really appreciate if Computergeek or anyone could share their thoughts on this?

yes I think that there is an option but I don't know the procedure
i think that you should contact somebody in Health Centre in the province and ask for an advise,
we have a woman who is working in that kind of an institution and we were just kidding that we cannot buy :))) the baby because it's really expensive to pay all that cost for delivery, and she told as that there are some options. you may have to pay some money but for example 1000dol
so it's not 10.000 right?

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Hi everyone,
I did my medical examination last week /Ontario/. My son is in Europe and he also had to do medical. He is a student and he not applying to join me in Canada at this time. Do you know how long it will take to continue the process?

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
nonoo said:
Hey guys,
A quick question, I have spent the fortune in delivering my baby without OHIP, I was just wondering if there's any way I can get reimburse of those expenses once I get my OHIP?
I would really appreciate if Computergeek or anyone could share their thoughts on this?
My wife delivered in may 2012. We just received AIP 2 weeks ago and we just did our health card, coverage begins in Jan 2013. I am not sure if the coverage can cover anything prior to the coverage start date.

We are in the same shoes I guess. Although the bill was hefty, but I am sure you're enjoying your baby right now :)

Our gyno said we can give him the health card number once the coverage begins, he will see if OHIP can provide any coverage for our bill, if they can, then he will return some of the money we paid before. Same for the hospital, I was speaking to them about the finances and stuff. We explained everything to the hospital account receivable clerk and the nice lady told us once we get our health card, we can go back to the hospital with the receipt and have them to try to get coverage on the bill. If it works, they can refund the money to us.

Again, they said nothing is guarantee but its worth a try, since my wife was here studying as of 2009 already, so she has been a residence for 4 years. Who knows if they might actually back date because her PR application was sent prior to the delivery of our first child.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Di_vas said:
Hi everyone,
I did my medical examination last week /Ontario/. My son is in Europe and he also had to do medical. He is a student and he not applying to join me in Canada at this time. Do you know how long it will take to continue the process?
Generally it takes a couple of months for them to match the medicals with the file.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
walter8299 said:
My wife delivered in may 2012. We just received AIP 2 weeks ago and we just did our health card, coverage begins in Jan 2013. I am not sure if the coverage can cover anything prior to the coverage start date.

We are in the same shoes I guess. Although the bill was hefty, but I am sure you're enjoying your baby right now :)

Our gyno said we can give him the health card number once the coverage begins, he will see if OHIP can provide any coverage for our bill, if they can, then he will return some of the money we paid before. Same for the hospital, I was speaking to them about the finances and stuff. We explained everything to the hospital account receivable clerk and the nice lady told us once we get our health card, we can go back to the hospital with the receipt and have them to try to get coverage on the bill. If it works, they can refund the money to us.

Again, they said nothing is guarantee but its worth a try, since my wife was here studying as of 2009 already, so she has been a residence for 4 years. Who knows if they might actually back date because her PR application was sent prior to the delivery of our first child.
Ontario is the most restrictive province of which I know about extending health care. AB, BC, SK and PEI will all offer spouses (and in some cases partners) coverage as long as you can show you are living together and the application is in process. Ontario insists on AIP (inland) or PR (outland) apparently.

Good luck. I doubt they'll pay for anything retroactively, but they will at least pay for things going forward.

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
computergeek said:
Ontario is the most restrictive province of which I know about extending health care. AB, BC, SK and PEI will all offer spouses (and in some cases partners) coverage as long as you can show you are living together and the application is in process. Ontario insists on AIP (inland) or PR (outland) apparently.

Good luck. I doubt they'll pay for anything retroactively, but they will at least pay for things going forward.
Yup... Frankly, I doubt we'll be getting anything. But like the doctor/hospital told us, there's no harm in giving them the health card # to just try it. They will probably just deny the claim. Our cost for the baby was +/- $6000. So it wasn't as bad as what we thought. I've seen/read people said it cost them over $10000.

We also had a gyn that is very good (highly recommended) and our child was delivered at NYGH (one of the good hospital for deliveries). Also my wife had to take epidural after struggling for 18 hours. So $6000 was more than reasonable :)

And the joy given to us by our first child is priceless. ;D

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
buzybee said:
hey guys i got the letter in the mail today with my landing date... December 4th!!! So close!!!

[/quote

Congratulations busy bee

Tea tree

Jul 31, 2012
Hello guys,

Congrats on the New AIPs and landings!

I receive the AIP letter this Monday. In the letter, I was required to undergo medical exam, but In fact, I have done and sent it two weeks ago. However,a CiC call agent told me that they don't have my medical result in their system.

Also, my Open Work Permit is not issued at this time. I actually submit the OWP application along with my PR application. Anyone encounter the same situation?do I have to write a letter to CPC vegeville or just patiently wait?

Tea Tree

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
The email I got for AIP said that the AIP letter and the OWP were sent separately, so I'd say it's likely that you would just get them on different days.