App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
CanED said:
Thanks I.imran,

That is very helpful and makes perfect sense. Glad that you now see the medicals on ECAS. We should have sent our meds with the application - but as it was taking 11 month to do stages 1 at the time of applying - we figured they might have expired! I sent the confirmation to Vegreville but haven't heard anything back! Anyway - hopefully they are on there soon. I hope everything goes quick for you after this.

All the best,

CanED
I m glad it was helpful for u.I guess you shouldnt worry ,looks like CIC ppl r really pacing up now :)

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
i.imran said:
I m glad it was helpful for u.I guess you shouldnt worry ,looks like CIC ppl r really pacing up now :)
Very true!

Thanks.

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
KUKULICKA said:
i brought 3 photos too but they took only 2...
Hmm... You went to Francis Li, right?

My wife went to him as well. She went there with 2 photos, but they said she needed 3. So she went to a nearby photo place to take 2 more photos. Then they took 3 in the end and she kept 1.

I am hoping the 3 photos from 2 different sets would be fine for CIC as they are both within 6 months anyways, just not taken at the same place.

Also, did you just get a "cash receipt" as a proof that you did the Med Exam at Francis Li, or did he actually provided you a form for confirmation that your Med Exam has been completed?

I am not sure if this is different for each physician, but CanEd said there was a form as a confirmation that the med Exam was done.
But Francis Li said there is no form he gives, the receipt he provided indicating the fee is paid would be the proof.

Any ideas if that receipt is good enough for us to mail to Vegreville? Or will we be expecting a form from Francis Li once the medical is "officially" completed (as in, the xray, blood test, etc results has been given to him from the lab testing)?

Thank you

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanED said:
Thanks I.imran,

That is very helpful and makes perfect sense. Glad that you now see the medicals on ECAS. We should have sent our meds with the application - but as it was taking 11 month to do stages 1 at the time of applying - we figured they might have expired! I sent the confirmation to Vegreville but haven't heard anything back! Anyway - hopefully they are on there soon. I hope everything goes quick for you after this.

Yes Besunshine; Try after a few days and hopefully you should see the status online!

All the best,

CanED
Hi CanEd

My hubby did her medical on September 13th while a week later, they requested her to do so. It was last week on Monday October 15th when she called and they told her, they have her medical in the system but since then nothing on ECAS yet. Surprisingly when she called on Tuesday, the agent told her there is nothing on their system but once she called again the other agent confirmed they have her medicals. So it really depends on the agent after certain time, if they would check the system or simply just access the normal ECAS of theirs.

Any way hope you hear something soon.

KUKULICKA

Oct 10, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th July 2012
Med's Done....
27th June 2012
walter8299 said:
Hmm... You went to Francis Li, right?

My wife went to him as well. She went there with 2 photos, but they said she needed 3. So she went to a nearby photo place to take 2 more photos. Then they took 3 in the end and she kept 1.

I am hoping the 3 photos from 2 different sets would be fine for CIC as they are both within 6 months anyways, just not taken at the same place.

Also, did you just get a "cash receipt" as a proof that you did the Med Exam at Francis Li, or did he actually provided you a form for confirmation that your Med Exam has been completed?

I am not sure if this is different for each physician, but CanEd said there was a form as a confirmation that the med Exam was done.
But Francis Li said there is no form he gives, the receipt he provided indicating the fee is paid would be the proof.

Any ideas if that receipt is good enough for us to mail to Vegreville? Or will we be expecting a form from Francis Li once the medical is "officially" completed (as in, the xray, blood test, etc results has been given to him from the lab testing)?

Thank you

yes that's what they gave to me the receipt as a proof and that's what I sent to immigration...

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
I did my medical in BC and all i got from the doctor was my reciepts. He advised that he would sent in everything that was needed to CIC for me..

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Can anyone of those who have done their landing suggest for how long shall passport be valid for visa to be issued after stage 2 ? My hubby's passport is expiring in coming yr so we were wondering if we shall renew passport before we receive passport request because renewal time is also 2 months for our country.

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
hey guys i got the letter in the mail today with my landing date... December 4th!!! So close!!!

So it So Patience you should be hearing soon from Scarborough!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats busy bee you must be excited, that is not that far away

Patience21

Oct 11, 2012
buzybee said:
hey guys i got the letter in the mail today with my landing date... December 4th!!! So close!!!

So it So Patience you should be hearing soon from Scarborough!
Yaaaay!! Congrats :D
So happy to hear your GOOD news...
Such great timing just before Christmas.

I'm praying for Decision2 to come soon-

Thanks Buzybee

Imim

Sep 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Good morning, everyone. Can you tell me when you apply for OWP what documents do you attach? thanks.

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
hamedsilent said:
Hi CanEd

My hubby did her medical on September 13th while a week later, they requested her to do so. It was last week on Monday October 15th when she called and they told her, they have her medical in the system but since then nothing on ECAS yet. Surprisingly when she called on Tuesday, the agent told her there is nothing on their system but once she called again the other agent confirmed they have her medicals. So it really depends on the agent after certain time, if they would check the system or simply just access the normal ECAS of theirs.

Any way hope you hear something soon.
Thank you Hamedsilent,

I have had the same experience - one agent telling me one thing another telling me the complete opposite. Will call the once a week until i see ECAS has updated. Thanks for your timeline - it really helps. Main thing for me is not to worry I suppose. .

Congrats to Busybee - your hard work is very aprreciated with the spreadsheet and everything else. It is great to hear that you are almost through. A nice Christmas gift!!!

Imim - You send form IMM 5710 - application to extend your stay in Canada.

All the best,

CanED

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do we have to check for open work permit on the imm5710 ? (got aip)

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
computergeek said:
These generic forms confuse people all the time. To be honest, I suspect it doesn't matter which one you check off, but given those choices I'd recommend "new employer" since that has faster processing time. :) The CIC officer will understand, based upon your submitting a copy of the AIP letter, that you are requesting an open work permit. If you need to validate the form and it requires an entry, just put something in and then attach a separate page explaining why you put that answer and what you REALLY want.

Good luck!
Hi gjfst,

Here is an old post from the ever reliable computergeek - I think this should answer your question.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hey guys,
A quick question, I have spent the fortune in delivering my baby without OHIP, I was just wondering if there’s any way I can get reimburse of those expenses once I get my OHIP?
I would really appreciate if Computergeek or anyone could share their thoughts on this?