08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
Hi

To apply for family class sponsorship, one of you has to be a Canadian Citizen. Is your wife a Canadian Citizen? if she is, she will have to sponsor you for permanent residency. You are not allowed to work until you get Approval in Principle, but whoever is sponsoring can work because they are likely to have permission to work in Canada.

Also, they do support you financially if none of you have a job. That is why they ask you all the financial information in the application in order to verify that you'll be able to support yourselves until the process is complete, and will not have to depend on social welfare.

If you both are tourist on visit visa, then you wouldn't be allow to apply inland applications. You will have to apply for Immigration from your home country of/ country of residence.

Cheers :)

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
mini2404 said:
Hi everyone:

My name is Minerva and I am new here!! I am sponsoring my husband and we sent the application on July 15-2012 to Vegreville (they got it July 17). We haven't receive absolutely anything from them, not even the AOR. Is this normal? Will I get any sort of letter or e-mail? We want to apply for an open work permit, but we still do bot have the client number. is anyone in the same boat?

Thanks a lot!!!

Minerva
We are in exactly the same boat. Ours was sent in on July 30th and recieved on July 31st. I did not send in a OWP and am waiting till I get an ECAS number. I haven't heard anything but based on what I read here I feel that this is normal and not to worry.

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wondering, can we open a bank account with AIP letter? I receive my UK bank statements to my Canadian address. Can I use those statements to prove my Canadian address and open a bank account here? Thanks

32pearls

Oct 3, 2012
Hi...i am new to this forum....applied our case in march 2012....file was recieved on 12th march 2012.....and since then i have seen no update whether the case is in process or not....the application processing times say working on feb 7 2012 cases which is making me very hopeful.....just wondering if any of the march applicants here have got any update from the immigration people so far ???
thanx

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Hi

Yesterday I got good news, my boyfriend (the sponsor) and I got email separated , both said almost the same , basically first stage was approved and now they will work checking background, medical and blah blah I'm over the moon so happy :D. Oh and I applied at the same time for a work permit which was approved and they will be send it by mail.

My process isn't done yet, but I am happy already with the work permit,

Good luck everybody

ItisTime

Sep 20, 2012
Karito said:
Hi

Yesterday I got good news, my boyfriend (the sponsor) and I got email separated , both said almost the same , basically first stage was approved and now they will work checking background, medical and blah blah I'm over the moon so happy :D. Oh and I applied at the same time for a work permit which was approved and they will be send it by mail.

Good luck everybody
I know exactly how you feel right now. I had my moment a couple of weeks back... Congrats! Hope second stage will be soon!

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Karito said:
Hi

Good luck everybody
yay! congrats!!! now, they are really working on the march applications.nice!!! soo happy for you!

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
Congratz! :) I guess they are really on March Applicants now :) Best of luck March Applicants!
Aprils .. we are next! :)

Fingers Crossed

Sara

Liz1986

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Ohh Waoo!!! so happy to hear that they are working with March 2012 applicants. I sent my application on May, so, i will be hearing from them very soon..!! Congratulations to everyone that received AIP approval already and best lock to the ones still waiting!!

One question.. how can i have access to see the chart??
:D

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Buzybee will have to add you to the chart. :) I have it saved in my bookmarks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArrQkNcsLVotdDJOOWJlZkhVOEhCMHZCakNoa3UzVHc#gid=0

Liz1986 said:
Ohh Waoo!!! so happy to hear that they are working with March 2012 applicants. I sent my application on May, so, i will be hearing from them very soon..!! Congratulations to everyone that received AIP approval already and best lock to the ones still waiting!!

One question.. how can i have access to see the chart??
:D

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you CheshireCats. I just looked at the sheet and remembered. My letter dated 21st September but I have it in my hand on 27th. I checked the letter box on that day but I'm sure I will received it before 27th. Sorry.

ItisTime

Sep 20, 2012
According to the chart, there is alot of January applicant yet to receive aip... whats going on? arent cic making their assessment in order?

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
Aw.....Our applications were received on March 14th, they started processing on July 5th but how come I haven't heart anything??? What's an unfair!!! We did all medical and police check already, even paid all fee...Since we sent our applications out, we haven't gotten any information from CIC, even an email says they received our app or whatever! Am I an unlucky girl???

I'm wondering where are my documents now??? I'm really tired of checking ECas everyday :( God...I wanna go back home

Anw, congrats to who got AIP!!! I wanna be happy like you guys ;D

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey we got our AIP letter today in the mail. But no work permit, I thought there suppose to come together. And there were no instructions about health card. Curious

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Buzybee is a member of the forum that voluntarily made and updates the chart...maybe just post your timeline for them to see :)

ItisTime said:
According to the chart, there is alot of January applicant yet to receive aip... whats going on? arent cic making their assessment in order?