+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats pearl 75. Keep on checking ecas and your mailbox because you might get stage 1 and 2 at the same time. As long as you did your medical and police clearance before, stage 2 should be given simultaneously.

Here's my timeline:
App sent : Jan. 25, 2012
AIP : sept 19
Stage 2 : sept 20

Now waiting for letter from local visa office about my landing date.

Good luck to all of us. Be patient, things will happen very soon.

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johanna125, I thought the letter was for stage 1. And I thought AIP is stage one. Ok I'm confused now :) please enlighten me guys :)

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi pearl. The application has 2 stages:
Stage 1 : sponsor and relationship genuineness assessment.
If you pass stage 1, you get AIP.

Stage 2 : background, medical, police checking
If you pass this, your Ecas will say DM and our office will contact you

Once you pass stage 1, you and your sponsor will receive 1 mail each. You get aip.
The letter to you says " it has been determined that you met the eligibility requirements to apply for pr".

Once you pass stage 2, you get another letter which says " we have completed processing your pr. Scarborough will contact you on your landing appointment. You need to pay $490 landing fee".

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
yangski said:
Hi,
If you can't change it through ecas Try to call them instead of email..Thats what I did before when I changed our address...the fastest way to get through the agent is by dialling cic call center and press the no.1-0-2-1-0 or 1-0-0-0-0 Goodluck and dont worry it will not delay your applications.. :D
Thanks yangski,

My husband called cic last week but they didn't help us at all. They told him must write an email in order to change the address! And he wrote a letter with both of us information, and they don't agree again. They sent a email back and tell each of us have to write a separate email....it's so complicated, but today I got the wrong change!!!!!

I will try to call them tomorrow as you said again, hope everything is ok and we gonna get good news very soon :-*

Thanks you again :D

Deepcove

Sep 22, 2012
wolanila said:
deepcove do you have AIP yet?
Yes, I got it (Aug 31st). In the letter, they mentioned that I need to submit a police clearance from my home country + medical test. I did already. Now waiting for stage 2 approval.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deep cove this post might help you out. Pay attention to bigDlittleD's post I found it quite interesting and it may give you some answers http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/leaving-canada-while-inland-pr-application-in-process-t61083.0.html I don't know how accurate this info is as I am no expert but its worth a looksy. Hope everything works out ok for you.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
johanna125 said:
Hi pearl. The application has 2 stages:
Stage 1 : sponsor and relationship genuineness assessment.
If you pass stage 1, you get AIP.

Stage 2 : background, medical, police checking
If you pass this, your Ecas will say DM and our office will contact you

Once you pass stage 1, you and your sponsor will receive 1 mail each. You get aip.
The letter to you says " it has been determined that you met the eligibility requirements to apply for pr".

Once you pass stage 2, you get another letter which says " we have completed processing your pr. Scarborough will contact you on your landing appointment. You need to pay $490 landing fee".
Hi Johanna,

My ecas says DM but on the sponsorship part. I'm guessing that means that I got AIP? The permanent residence application says that it's in progress so I'm guessing that it's not done yet?
I also haven't gotten any emails from them, but my ecas shows that they have sent out a letter on September 25th regarding the decision.

I guess my question is whether that decision is with regard to AIP or 2nd stage as well?

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
perkele said:
Hi Johanna,

My ecas says DM but on the sponsorship part. I'm guessing that means that I got AIP? The permanent residence application says that it's in progress so I'm guessing that it's not done yet?
I also haven't gotten any emails from them, but my ecas shows that they have sent out a letter on September 25th regarding the decision.

I guess my question is whether that decision is with regard to AIP or 2nd stage as well?
Your right. When a decision is made under Permanent residence that means your application is done, for now its still being process as it says. Did you check the option to getting email in your application. If you didn't add an email then they send you everything my mail instead of email...

Good luck!

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johanna125, yes that is what the letter stated. I'm eligible for bla bla and I can apply for work permit and or student visa. And they need to check on my police certificate, health etc. which I'm hoping they will do it in no time as I've got my medical in Canada and police certificate from UK. And we have sent my medical two months before I sent my application in. So hopefully I will receive the result soon. I will be checking my mail box everyday :)

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi pearl. If you're saying that the sponsorship section of ECAS says DM, that means you passed stage 1--that's AIP. You are now eligible to apply for OHIP. Just bring the AIP letter from CIC to a Service Ontario (if you live in Ontario). Bring an extra ID with signature and a proof of address/billing. The day I received my AIP letter, I went to Service Ontario right away and I was able to apply for an OHIP (health insurance) easily.

Since the PR section of your ECAS says "In Process", that means they are currently looking at your police, medical and background right now. You better ask the doctor that did your medicals if when did they send your medical results to CIC.
Keep on checking on your ECAS. You might get DM on PR very soon. Good luck.

johanna

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it said that they are looking at police cert. etc. I checked my ecas yesterday and it was saying "in process"
I better ask my husband to ask doctor about the date she sent my medical.

Thanks

Deepcove

Sep 22, 2012
wolanila said:
Deep cove this post might help you out. Pay attention to bigDlittleD's post I found it quite interesting and it may give you some answers I don't know how accurate this info is as I am no expert but its worth a looksy. Hope everything works out ok for you.
Thank you Wolanila. That post was very informative..

Since I'm already out of Canada now, and my TRV and Study Permit are valid until Sep 2013, then I'm more likely to hear back from the CIC before having to extend my Study permit and TRV. I took the risk already by leaving Canada. Let's hope everything will go ok..

I wish you luck :)

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deepcove, keep us posted please as I'm thinking of exactly what you did. I now have AIP and can apply for OWP. And I heard I will be able to get it withing a week. So once I get that I'm thinking of flying back home for a trip and come back here again. So please let us know if you have any difficulty in getting back to Canada.

Thanks